Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If the packers think they can handle the PR, then yea take him. His play will most likely outweigh the negative attention.

Terrible instincts to hit a chick like that, but I don't think his life should be flushed down the drain because of it.

So not drafting the kid in the 2nd round and paying him millions of dollars equates to flushing his life down the toilet?

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So not drafting the kid in the 2nd round and paying him millions of dollars equates to flushing his life down the toilet?

That's a helluva leap on what I was saying though.

We are discussing if the kid is worthy of playing in the NFL and if his action should ruin his chance at that.

I didn't say that us not drafting him equates to flushing his life down the drain. You took point A and connected it to point C.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's a helluva leap on what I was saying though.

We are discussing if the kid is worthy of playing in the NFL and if his action should ruin his chance at that.

I didn't say that us not drafting him equates to flushing his life down the drain. You took point A and connected it to point C.

Well it was a question, not an assertion.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it's not, but this isn't a incident that recently happened. Where talking about yrs ago. Hasn't had any incidents since.

Except the parking attendant that he accosted in 2016. Sorry but this kid is human garbage, pass. Im all for giving second chances but with Mixon not only do we have him punching some woman out on camera but then he gets into it with a parking attendant, also a woman, over a $20 dollar ticket.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If fournette or mixon is available at 29 the packers have to take him whether Lacy is resigned or not. Both are game changers that are too good to pass up. I'd take Mixon over fournette as he fits packers better. This is the NFL can't make decisions based on that if you want to win. Does anyone doubt that the patriots had some kind of idea what was up with Aaron Hernandez ? I'm not saying they knew he was killing people but they def knew he was a bad apple. Unfortunatly you need a few bad apples on a championship team and by that I mean you have to take a few risk like that on personal to get the edge that puts you over the top. Example Andre risen 96 packers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a short term risk on Rison is a bit different than drafting one in the 2nd round.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So your stand is that :
Didn't she call him the N word?
allows any and all response including assault? That is the only word used in our society that relieves the one called it of any moral or legal restraint? No other racial epitaph allows such behavior.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your stand is that : allows any and all response including assault? That is the only word used in our society that relieves the one called it of any moral or legal restraint? No other racial epitaph allows such behavior.
What? I was just asking hahah. I don't agree with that at all.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. Weve had guys get suspended in Green Bay for stuff before..but y'all wanna act high and mighty and pass on a guy who can help us win football because he made a mistake as a immature young man yrs ago? Instead of putting him what seems to be a strong tight nit locker room in Green Bay Wisconsin where it's hard to get into trouble.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your stand is that : allows any and all response including assault? That is the only word used in our society that relieves the one called it of any moral or legal restraint? No other racial epitaph allows such behavior.
Actually if this is true that does change the whole situation. It makes it way more understandable how he lost his temper to the point of hitting a woman. Does not make it ok to hit a woman still but had it been a man I would have no problem with assaulting someone for using that word. In fact I would say that had it been a man he hit it is a quality you want in an NFL running back. Really do you want a guy on the team that allows people to disrespect him in such a malicious way

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's true take him in the first round. And it is similar I get that a 1st or 2nd round pick is more valuable than the nothing given up for Rison but the point is you have to take a few risks on players you normally wouldn't sometimes to be a great team

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually if this is true that does change the whole situation. It makes it way more understandable how he lost his temper to the point of hitting a woman. Does not make it ok to hit a woman still but had it been a man I would have no problem with assaulting someone for using that word. In fact I would say that had it been a man he hit it is a quality you want in an NFL running back. Really do you want a guy on the team that allows people to disrespect him in such a malicious way

She hit him first though, so what she called him is a moot point. She assaulted him. Getting hit in the face is likely to make one lose their temper more than being called a name anyways.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Cook this is the best overall RB in the draft. He would be a steal. He's explosive, can block, can catch and can return kicks and punts. I think he's going to be a starter sooner than later ..and in Green Bay's offense you could have your next Ahman Greene. I say if he's there in the 2nd you have to take him as he's definitely going to be The BPA.
This guy is way over rated and there are a handful of backs that I believe will have better careers overall. Off field problems aside I still would take McCaffrey, Kamara or Hunt.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Justifying a grown man viciously slugging a woman is disgusting. I know this is a radical statement in 2017, but there are standards of decency and behavior and it's OK to point out when someone has violated one.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers take chances on players with off the field issues (Colt Lyerla comes to mind) but don't expect the team to spend a draft pick on a guy like Mixon.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She hit him first though, so what she called him is a moot point. She assaulted him. Getting hit in the face is likely to make one lose their temper more than being called a name anyways.
a man that can't simply walk away from that situation raises serious questions about the faults in his character and integrity. Don't even walk away, ignore her, laugh it off. or go knock her out with a punch to the face? I've lost my temper as a growing man too, but not over something like that. I can't imagine myself ever reacting close to that. I don't buy the "what you want in a football player" argument either, because it's not. I imagine he would be so quick to punch a defensive lineman in the face and if he did, the outcome would be much different than he'd hope for.

There's is a very large and obvious difference between losing your cool a bit in the heat of battle and losing it to the extreme this guy did and unleashing it on a woman for a couple words.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't in any way condone what he did as an immature impulsive young man.
I, however, have to believe he has grown in the wake of this incident since he apparently has had no further incidents.
Face it, someone is going to take this young man so it might as well be the Packers if he is available in the 3rd or 4th.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would personally be dissapointed if we take an offensive player in one of the first 2 rounds with so many glaring holes on DEF. Surely we can pick up a solid back in the 3rd round or later.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't in any way condone what he did as an immature impulsive young man.
I, however, have to believe he has grown in the wake of this incident since he apparently has had no further incidents.
Face it, someone is going to take this young man so it might as well be the Packers if he is available in the 3rd or 4th.

First in todays NFL running back has become a notoriously short lived position, even the great talents seem to be done by the time they hit 30. So that position is already a risk. Then you've gotta wonder if your woman beating head case is going to floor some high school girl at the local George Webb, again his aggressive behavior towards women manifested itself in more than one occurrence and who knows if there was more that never caught ink.

As for the second chancers, he's already had one. Besides Ray Rice took himself out of the league when he little Mac'd his fiance. What are the odds of this young man doing the same?

Do the women and young girls in the Green Bay area a solid and don't bring this young man into the community.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would personally be dissapointed if we take an offensive player in one of the first 2 rounds with so many glaring holes on DEF. Surely we can pick up a solid back in the 3rd round or later.

If a rare talent, who isn't a major character risk, slipped I could see it. But for young Joe Mixon, who has two known instances of battering or atleast menacing women... no. You don't take a chance on a guy who might get himself booted from the league in short order.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know I honestly withheld judgment until I saw the video. Her own behavior was ridiculous. I gather that he said some disparaging remarks about a friend of hers, she takes it upon herself to push him. He makes a threat towards her, she slaps him... then he pulls back just floors her.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder how many people would rush to assure us that this was a one time mistake and that he's most certainly matured if he wasn't a really good football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.