Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Moss liked weed. Mixon obliterated a woman's face because he has character issues. I don't see the parallels.

The woman even came out and said "both people involved should of handled the situation different".

People need to "move on". At least with Mixon we won't have to worry about him drinking all night and missing curfew as he doesn't drink. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The woman even came out and said "both people involved should of handled the situation different".

People need to "move on". At least with Mixon we won't have to worry about him drinking all night and missing curfew as he doesn't drink. ;)

I hate to even keep the ball up in the air too long with this, but even though Molitor came out and said what she said, don't forget that there was a settlement reached with Mixon due to Molitor's civil lawsuit. The terms of such agreed settlement remain confidential. But if one would have to guess it included money paid to Molitor and a public statement from Molitor to help Joe move forward.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I hate to even keep the ball up in the air too long with this, but even though Molitor came out and said what she said, don't forget that there was a settlement reached with Mixon due to Molitor's civil lawsuit. The terms of such agreed settlement remain confidential. But if one would have to guess it included money paid to Molitor and a public statement from Molitor to help Joe move forward.

I didn't see any empty seats in Norman. TT needs to draft him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't see any empty seats in Norman. TT needs to draft him.

Every home game of the Stoops' era has been a sellout, I don't think that has anything to do with Joe Mixon. While I have no doubt the Packers wouldn't jeopardize tickets sales by drafting Mixon, public perception and reaction isn't always reflected through ticket sales and is something I am quite sure the Packer organization thinks about.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Cook this is the best overall RB in the draft. He would be a steal. He's explosive, can block, can catch and can return kicks and punts. I think he's going to be a starter sooner than later ..and in Green Bay's offense you could have your next Ahman Greene. I say if he's there in the 2nd you have to take him as he's definitely going to be The BPA.

The latest on Joe Mixon rumors:

• While the Packers have come up as a team to watch for Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon in recent days, a source close to GM Ted Thompson tells Jason Cole of B/R that it would be a “big surprise” if they selected him.
  • According to the source, Thompson has regularly removed prospects from the team’s draft board if they were involved in violence against women.
  • Earlier in the day, Matt Miller mentioned that Mixon is “very much in play” for Green Bay in the second round and is still on their draft board.
  • On Monday, Peter King of TheMMQB.com mentioned that the Packers are among the teams Mixon has garnered the most interest from during the draft process.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-packers-panthers-raiders-rams-vikings/

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If he is there in second they take him I think but the problem is I don't see him being there when Packers pick in second.

I don't think he will make it past Cincinnati.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT should take him in first or trade back to early 2nd and get him which would be more ideal and is certainly a possibility. Cleveland, san Fran, Chargers, Jets, and even Jacksonville could be interested in a q.b. but he would really be good in the packers offense paired with Aaron Rodgers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
TT should take him in first or trade back to early 2nd and get him which would be more ideal and is certainly a possibility. Cleveland, san Fran, Chargers, Jets, and even Jacksonville could be interested in a q.b. but he would really be good in the packers offense paired with Aaron Rodgers.

That's my line of thinking here. I think they should trade back to early second.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get mixon, an extra pick and still a good edge rusher or cb at 61. I'd even say 29 and 61 for Cleveland's 33 and 52. I think that gets you mixon and possibly watt/Willis or 1 of the top cb prospects that slides just a bit maybe even an Awuzie or Conley

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The possibilities with Mixon are endless. You can actually put him in the slot. You could have Jordy, Devante, Mixon, Bennett and Cobb all on the field at the same time with Monty and Kendricks offering even more versatility to different packages. You could also go two TE and pound. Mixon can return kicks too.

I don't see anyone else that will be available that would help the team more right now.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get mixon, an extra pick and still a good edge rusher or cb at 61. I'd even say 29 and 61 for Cleveland's 33 and 52. I think that gets you mixon and possibly watt/Willis or 1 of the top cb prospects that slides just a bit maybe even an Awuzie or Conley
Conley will likely go undrafted. But I like the deal and if Cleveland misses out on their QB at 12, I could see them interested in this deal.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The possibilities with Mixon are endless. You can actually put him in the slot. You could have Jordy, Devante, Mixon, Bennett and Cobb all on the field at the same time with Monty and Kendricks offering even more versatility to different packages. You could also go two TE and pound. Mixon can return kicks too.

I don't see anyone else that will be available that would help the team more right now.

I agree

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conley will likely go undrafted. But I like the deal and if Cleveland misses out on their QB at 12, I could see them interested in this deal.
I have not paid much attention to the story, other than to have heard there are allegations and it supposedly happened earlier in April this year. But if he goes undrafted, then to me it likely means there is more than just allegations against the guy. I have to believe that even with such short notice, a team will take a chance rounds 4 or after if most signs point to him being innocent.

and if a team really thinks he's innocent I could see him going earlier than that too

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No worries. There will be other corners like Moreau and Tankersley available. Even Shaquill Griffin in round 3 would work.

D

Deleted member 6794

must have missed something on conley

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...stigating-gareon-conley-after-****-accusation

I have not paid much attention to the story, other than to have heard there are allegations and it supposedly happened earlier in April this year. But if he goes undrafted, then to me it likely means there is more than just allegations against the guy. I have to believe that even with such short notice, a team will take a chance rounds 4 or after if most signs point to him being innocent.

and if a team really thinks he's innocent I could see him going earlier than that too

La'el Collins went undrafted two years ago because he was questioned in a murder investigation while never being a suspect.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They could potentially end up with Mixon, Derek Rivers and Shaquill Griffin if they did it right.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The more I read about the Conley incident, the more I am convinced that the matter is going to be really difficult to be fully resolved in the next....35 hours so that teams are able to make an informed decision on him. Whether the accusations are true or not, the process of determining that won't be sped up because of the draft. They are some pretty strong accusations and it would be hard for me to fathom that a team is willing to gamble much of anything at this point.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest on Joe Mixon rumors:

• While the Packers have come up as a team to watch for Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon in recent days, a source close to GM Ted Thompson tells Jason Cole of B/R that it would be a “big surprise” if they selected him.
  • According to the source, Thompson has regularly removed prospects from the team’s draft board if they were involved in violence against women.
  • Earlier in the day, Matt Miller mentioned that Mixon is “very much in play” for Green Bay in the second round and is still on their draft board.
  • On Monday, Peter King of TheMMQB.com mentioned that the Packers are among the teams Mixon has garnered the most interest from during the draft process.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-packers-panthers-raiders-rams-vikings/

Not going to say I told y'all so *sips tea

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

That's good, since nothing has happened.

However, I don't really know what you're trying to get at as that post provided some reports that would seem to prove you wrong and some that seem to prove you right. Did you only read the ones you like?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good, since nothing has happened.

However, I don't really know what you're trying to get at as that post provided some reports that would seem to prove you wrong and some that seem to prove you right. Did you only read the ones you like?

I said Mixon in the second... I think I even started this thread. Lots of ppl said no way would TT be interested in him because of his off field issues. Looks like it's more safer to say that TT is interested than not interested in Mixon according to the reports. I read everything.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I said Mixon in the second... I think I even started this thread. Lots of ppl said no way would TT be interested in him because of his off field issues. Looks like it's more safer to say that TT is interested than not interested in Mixon according to the reports. I read everything.

It looks "more safer to say that" if you ignore the first half and only pay attention to the second.

Regardless, the debate has been about whether they should draft a player who has done this much more than would they.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Keep in mind that the key word is rumors, and one speculation is as good as the next.

It might be worth noting, however, that at least as far as I can remember, Ted has never brought in a player who had been accused of violence against women (Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one). He did bring in a "troubled" Colt Lyerla for a look-see, but his issues were more related to drug usage/bad judgement, and not women. It could well be that this constitutes a deal-breaker in Ted's mind.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks "more safer to say that" if you ignore the first half and only pay attention to the second.

Regardless, the debate has been about whether they should draft a player who has done this much more than would they.

Sure it has man haha

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you on Mixon, rodell and brandon. I've defended him elsewhere on these forums, but it was not well-received. I'll be very excited if he ends up a Packer. Still kind of a long shot because I think we'd have to take him in the 1st if we wanted him, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts