Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said and as you quoted me....."nobody but you has the ability to change how you perceive things." I stand by my words and convictions.

ok i do like that quote and that is true. but this isn't a case of perception. what I said is a fact not a perception. if you perceive that differently you're not in touch with reality. he's not marrying anyone he's playing football, fact there's no room for perception there.

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how all the people who are somehow defending this guy and saying the Packers should draft him would feel if their daughter or niece brought Mixon home and said "Dad/Uncle, I love this man, we are getting married!". If no hairs rise on the back of your neck or something doesn't feel right, chances are, all you are concerned with is your own life, not that of your daughters, niece's or future children of. For Mixon's sake, I hope this one event changes his life in a positive way, but if the mere nature of it and his lack of remorse since isn't a red flag to you, than nobody but you has the ability to change how you perceive things.
I am curious where you get "lack of remorse" from? His press conference wasn't scripted. He didn't read off cue cards or have some handler leaning in telling him what to say before responding to each question. He sat up there and took tough question after tough question and answered them honestly and openly. I lost track of how many times he apologized to Ms. Molitor and nothing about it felt scripted. If you don't like the guy, I get it. However, I don't understand how you can unequivocally say the young man has shown no remorse. I suppose the question is, what would you like him to do? What could he say/do to be considered remorseful in your mind? Honest question...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am curious where you get "lack of remorse" from? His press conference wasn't scripted. He didn't read off cue cards or have some handler leaning in telling him what to say before responding to each question. He sat up there and took tough question after tough question and answered them honestly and openly. I lost track of how many times he apologized to Ms. Molitor and nothing about it felt scripted. If you don't like the guy, I get it. However, I don't understand how you can unequivocally say the young man has shown no remorse. I suppose the question is, what would you like him to do? What could he say/do to be considered remorseful in your mind? Honest question...

Honest answer....there is a difference between actually being remorseful and saying you are remorseful.

First, the incident itself is something I will always have a hard time forgiving or forgetting. Please don't send me a rebuttal on "why it wasn't that bad" or that "he was just a kid". We are all accountable for our actions, it is how we account for those actions and what we learn from them, that is important to me.

Second, his remorse for the incident has been questioned ever since the incident happened. I have not read anything that tells me he was truly remorseful right after the incident, even taking an Alford Plea in the process. Doing the court mandated 100 hrs of community service and cognitive behavior counseling isn't showing remorse, its required by the courts. Is he now trying to show remorse? Sure he is, why wouldn't he, millions of dollars are on the line. Ever since the video was released and the clock began ticking on his draft possibilities, he has had to respond to the questions to try and save his NFL career. His responses have been termed as being scripted and the sincerity/authenticity of, questioned.

The old saying of "Time heals all wounds" fits well here. In this case, I don't feel that Mixon has used the 2 1/2 years of time since the incident to do anything but try and save his own ****.

If I was a GM, I would have to look at the incident, Mixon's actions and behaviours since, including his 2016 parking lot incident and say "No way do I want to invest that kind of money in a guy I am this unsure of, nor do I want to deal with the PR nightmare." Thankfully, the NFL isn't turning a blind eye to this kind of behavior and I don't see why Joe Mixon all of a sudden should be an exception.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honest answer....there is a difference between actually being remorseful and saying you are remorseful.

First, the incident itself is something I will always have a hard time forgiving or forgetting. Please don't send me a rebuttal on "why it wasn't that bad" or that "he was just a kid". We are all accountable for our actions, it is how we account for those actions and what we learn from them, that is important to me.

Second, his remorse for the incident has been questioned ever since the incident happened. I have not read anything that tells me he was truly remorseful right after the incident, even taking an Alford Plea in the process. Doing the court mandated 100 hrs of community service and cognitive behavior counseling isn't showing remorse, its required by the courts. Is he now trying to show remorse? Sure he is, why wouldn't he, millions of dollars are on the line. Ever since the video was released and the clock began ticking on his draft possibilities, he has had to respond to the questions to try and save his NFL career. His responses have been termed as being scripted and the sincerity/authenticity of, questioned.

The old saying of "Time heals all wounds" fits well here. In this case, I don't feel that Mixon has used the 2 1/2 years of time since the incident to do anything but try and save his own ****.

If I was a GM, I would have to look at the incident, Mixon's actions and behaviours since, including his 2016 parking lot incident and say "No way do I want to invest that kind of money in a guy I am this unsure of, nor do I want to deal with the PR nightmare." Thankfully, the NFL isn't turning a blind eye to this kind of behavior and I don't see why Joe Mixon all of a sudden should be an exception.
Your comments sound like that of everyone watching this play out from a distance. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter what he did/does/said/says because you have already written him off. I have a different view of the situation as I am close to ground zero and have many on-campus sources telling me Joe has been making great efforts to right this wrong. These actions aren't reported which doesn't surprise me. What Joe did was disgusting and media types aren't going to be lining up to clear his name. I am not pounding the table saying Joe is being wronged and the incident should be swept under the rug. I am saying I believe he has and will continue to grow from this incident and take the proper steps to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

I don't have the ability to discern whether someone is being sincere or not as some appear to have. All I know is what I am being told by trustworthy, credible sources close to Joe and the reports are what I hoped to hear. The effort is there and the rest is perception which he can't do anything about. This case is similar to Mike Vick in that it doesn't matter what he does the rest of his life because there will be plenty of people that only see him as a dog killer. When you make a monumental mistake all you can do is work to ensure nothing like that ever happens again. It makes zero difference whether people believe you or not so long as you know in your heart you are trying to right the wrong.

Maybe something happens again and I will end up with egg all over my face. If that's the case I will wear it. I believe Joe will stay in his lane and that is why I have no problem stating my belief in him.

Time doesn't always heal all wounds but it certainly almost always tells...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Your comments sound like that of everyone watching this play out from a distance. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter what he did/does/said/says because you have already written him off. I have a different view of the situation as I am close to ground zero and have many on-campus sources telling me Joe has been making great efforts to right this wrong. These actions aren't reported which doesn't surprise me. What Joe did was disgusting and media types aren't going to be lining up to clear his name. I am not pounding the table saying Joe is being wronged and the incident should be swept under the rug. I am saying I believe he has and will continue to grow from this incident and take the proper steps to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

I don't have the ability to discern whether someone is being sincere or not as some appear to have. All I know is what I am being told by trustworthy, credible sources close to Joe and the reports are what I hoped to hear. The effort is there and the rest is perception which he can't do anything about. This case is similar to Mike Vick in that it doesn't matter what he does the rest of his life because there will be plenty of people that only see him as a dog killer. When you make a monumental mistake all you can do is work to ensure nothing like that ever happens again. It makes zero difference whether people believe you or not so long as you know in your heart you are trying to right the wrong.

Maybe something happens again and I will end up with egg all over my face. If that's the case I will wear it. I believe Joe will stay in his lane and that is why I have no problem stating my belief in him.

Time doesn't always heal all wounds but it certainly almost always tells...

I say trade for Sherman and draft Mixon. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Your comments sound like that of everyone watching this play out from a distance...I have a different view of the situation as I am close to ground zero and have many on-campus sources telling me Joe has been making great efforts to right this wrong.

One simple question for you. What has Joe Mixon DONE that makes you believe he is a changed, remorseful person and is worth the gamble of drafting? I don't want to hear what he has said or what others have said about him, what has he done, that wasn't required by the courts, to make you think this? I ask this not to debate, but to inform myself, because I truly have not read about any of these efforts.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One simple question for you. What has Joe Mixon DONE that makes you believe he is a changed, remorseful person and is worth the gamble of drafting? I don't want to hear what he has said or what others have said about him, what has he done, that wasn't required by the courts, to make you think this? I ask this not to debate, but to inform myself, because I truly have not read about any of these efforts.
Joe has been working with kids both in Norman and his hometown of Oakley, CA well beyond his mandated community service. He has also been making routine visits to area children's hospitals to hang out with the kids to try and bring some joy in their time of need. He hosted his first football camp in March with the likes of CJ Anderson and Marshawn Lynch helping out with all the proceeds going to his charity (MixTeam Foundation).

Look, I know he messed up and will never be able to atone for what he did. I will forever look at him in a different light. However, I have been following Joe since he was a junior in HS and there were never any signs of trouble up until that unfortunate evening with Ms. Molitor. Joe was very well thought of in the Oakley community and it's been known for a long time now he isn't into the drinking and partying thing. He is a good kid that ran into some trouble. My only beef is when people with no real knowledge of the situation making blanket statements about how he is a POS and not apologetic enough. That last statement isn't solely intended for you PB2K. You haven't went that far by any means but I have heard dozens and dozens of people who have. I get your beef with the guy, 100%. However, I am very familiar with the situation and have concrete knowledge Joe is trying to do the best he can to grow from this and never let anything remotely close to it happen again.

I've been on this board for years and done a pretty good job of not getting into pissing matches. I love coming to this site because 9/10 my conversations are tasteful even if they get a touch heated. My point is I wouldn't have made my original comments or been defending Joe if I didn't have some solid ground beneath my feet. Joe has no track record of incidents like this and those of us with some inside access believe he is remorseful and won't relapse. I respect your opinion wherever it ends up bro. It's not like this isn't a very polarizing topic.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Joe has been working with kids both in Norman and his hometown of Oakley, CA well beyond his mandated community service. He has also been making routine visits to area children's hospitals to hang out with the kids to try and bring some joy in their time of need. He hosted his first football camp in March with the likes of CJ Anderson and Marshawn Lynch helping out with all the proceeds going to his charity (MixTeam Foundation).

Look, I know he messed up and will never be able to atone for what he did. I will forever look at him in a different light. However, I have been following Joe since he was a junior in HS and there were never any signs of trouble up until that unfortunate evening with Ms. Molitor. Joe was very well thought of in the Oakley community and it's been known for a long time now he isn't into the drinking and partying thing. He is a good kid that ran into some trouble. My only beef is when people with no real knowledge of the situation making blanket statements about how he is a POS and not apologetic enough. That last statement isn't solely intended for you PB2K. You haven't went that far by any means but I have heard dozens and dozens of people who have. I get your beef with the guy, 100%. However, I am very familiar with the situation and have concrete knowledge Joe is trying to do the best he can to grow from this and never let anything remotely close to it happen again.

I've been on this board for years and done a pretty good job of not getting into pissing matches. I love coming to this site because 9/10 my conversations are tasteful even if they get a touch heated. My point is I wouldn't have made my original comments or been defending Joe if I didn't have some solid ground beneath my feet. Joe has no track record of incidents like this and those of us with some inside access believe he is remorseful and won't relapse. I respect your opinion wherever it ends up bro. It's not like this isn't a very polarizing topic.

Thanks, it's good to hear positives are happening around the guy. Like you said, those are the things that the general media doesn't publish, because it's not "shocking" or make headlines. The surprising thing to me is that these positives aren't being said, actually...shouted... by the people handling Mixon. The first thing I would do as his agent is list ALL of those things, along with a written formal apology from Joe himself. Maybe something like that exists and I just haven't seen it because it is buried beneath all the negatives that make news. I did watch the formal apology he made on 12/23/16, but like I previously said, it seemed too little too late. I do think Mixon received really crappy legal advice to stay quiet about this for so long (2 1/2 years), especially since he claims he didn't want to stay quiet. I think it would have helped quite a bit to get ahead of the negatives, instead of looking like he is only reacting to them because he had to once the video of the incident was released. Possibly, disingenuous is the word I am looking for?

I do imagine teams that are interested in Mixon have access to this information and will use it in making their draft decision. Making sincere amends is huge to me and big step towards not only forgiveness but personal growth. I admittedly formulated my opinion based on a lot of information that I have read, I didn't just watch the video and write the guy off. I understand he made a split second decision, that turned out to be a very bad one, but from everything I have read, it wasn't followed by anything other than what seemed to be forced or required retribution, this is much different from voluntary, sincere efforts to change himself and use the incident in a positive way (his own growth and helping others to learn by it). So if it is truly what he has been doing behind the scenes, I feel better about the guy and his future.

I can't say that I have changed my mind about wanting the Packers to draft Mixon, but I do appreciate your posts and information about it. He appears to be further along in the healing process than I thought and I hope he continues for his own sake as well as those that he can touch with his story.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, it's good to hear positives are happening around the guy. Like you said, those are the things that the general media doesn't publish, because it's not "shocking" or make headlines. The surprising thing to me is that these positives aren't being said, actually...shouted... by the people handling Mixon. The first thing I would do as his agent is list ALL of those things, along with a written formal apology from Joe himself. Maybe something like that exists and I just haven't seen it because it is buried beneath all the negatives that make news. I did watch the formal apology he made on 12/23/16, but like I previously said, it seemed too little too late. I do think Mixon received really crappy legal advice to stay quiet about this for so long (2 1/2 years), especially since he claims he didn't want to stay quiet. I think it would have helped quite a bit to get ahead of the negatives, instead of looking like he is only reacting to them because he had to once the video of the incident was released. Possibly, disingenuous is the word I am looking for?

I do imagine teams that are interested in Mixon have access to this information and will use it in making their draft decision. Making sincere amends is huge to me and big step towards not only forgiveness but personal growth. I admittedly formulated my opinion based on a lot of information that I have read, I didn't just watch the video and write the guy off. I understand he made a split second decision, that turned out to be a very bad one, but from everything I have read, it wasn't followed by anything other than what seemed to be forced or required retribution, this is much different from voluntary, sincere efforts to change himself and use the incident in a positive way (his own growth and helping others to learn by it). So if it is truly what he has been doing behind the scenes, I feel better about the guy and his future.

I can't say that I have changed my mind about wanting the Packers to draft Mixon, but I do appreciate your posts and information about it. He appears to be further along in the healing process than I thought and I hope he continues for his own sake as well as those that he can touch with his story.
His agent and representation is a joke. Honestly. Many of us here in OK are hoping Joe breaks ties with these knuckleheads. They aren't necessarily bad people but inept in most of the areas you want your representation to be strong.

I appreciate the back and forth and respect the fact you kept it civil. This is a hot button topic and temps can run high and I appreciate the fact your motor ran cool. All I want is for the kid to be the best man he can be. I have zero doubt in my mind he is the most talented RB int his years draft and I believe everyone will see that before long.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course everything you here about Mixon right now is positive, he's trying to get drafted! His teammates celebrating around him by mock punching him during the bowl game speaks far more to how he's ACTUALLY acted in real life. You think those teammates would have just decided to mock the whole incident with zero input from Mixon? While the celebration might not have been his idea, had he truly expressed remorse and regret to his team about the incident, I don't see how anyone would have come up with that celebration. The guy made a mistake, I'm fine with that, but let's not sit here and pretend the guy has turned over a new leaf. If he gets drafted high then don't be shocked if he gets into trouble again soon; I mean, what punishment has he really received? If he goes in the second round then, basically, the lesson he learned is, "don't punch women on video or else you won't get invited to the combine and you might fall 20 spots in the draft". Harsh.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course everything you here about Mixon right now is positive, he's trying to get drafted! His teammates celebrating around him by mock punching him during the bowl game speaks far more to how he's ACTUALLY acted in real life. You think those teammates would have just decided to mock the whole incident with zero input from Mixon? While the celebration might not have been his idea, had he truly expressed remorse and regret to his team about the incident, I don't see how anyone would have come up with that celebration. The guy made a mistake, I'm fine with that, but let's not sit here and pretend the guy has turned over a new leaf. If he gets drafted high then don't be shocked if he gets into trouble again soon; I mean, what punishment has he really received? If he goes in the second round then, basically, the lesson he learned is, "don't punch women on video or else you won't get invited to the combine and you might fall 20 spots in the draft". Harsh.
I've said my piece. I'm familiar with what's going on in Norman. This just showed up on your radar whereas we've been hearing/talking about it for years down here. You read an online story or two and feel you have enough to condemn his actions as self-serving. Joe's doing things as I've noted in this thread to try and better himself. These actions didn't start just a few months ago because of the draft. You have full right to come on here and do your thing but just know this, you're wrong.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said my piece. I'm familiar with what's going on in Norman. This just showed up on your radar whereas we've been hearing/talking about it for years down here. You read an online story or two and feel you have enough to condemn his actions as self-serving. Joe's doing things as I've noted in this thread to try and better himself. These actions didn't start just a few months ago because of the draft. You have full right to come on here and do your thing but just know this, you're wrong.

I'm confused, are you saying the mock punching didn't happen? Because there's video of it happening. Or are you arguing that his teammates decided to mock the whole situation despite Mixon's feelings? I would also argue that someone with a username of SoonerPack might not be entirely objective on this particular player. I also like your assumption on what I've read despite no actual evidence one way or another.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does he have to do with his teammates actions? I am sure Joe said "hey guys, act like your punching me..." Uh huh. That story wouldn't have broke by now or anything. We're talking about kids here and what do kids do? Stupid stuff. If you hold what his teammates did against him, that's your call.

Your comments on objectivity is silly. The argument would suggest none of us on this board can look at the Packers objectively because we are fans and may have the teams name tied to our handle. I think you get my point. As to my assumption of your limited knowledge of the case, you can read every article on the web but that doesn't mean you know what is really going on.

I hate what Joe did and will always look at him in a different light. With that being said I know he has been taking steps to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. The rest of his life there will be people questioning his motives and whether or not he's going through the motions. He could be a model citizen and change many lives but to many, that won't matter. That's what happens when you hit a woman. He 100% earned that scarlet letter. Not one time have I nor will I ever excuse his actions. They were disgusting. However, I do know with certainty Joe is working to better himself.

I participated in Lincoln Douglas Debate for four years and received a blue seal from the National Forensics League. L.D. forced me to argue both sides of any given argument which taught me to search for clarity and truth opposed to ideological preference. I am objective and pride myself in being so. There have been dozens of occasions where I have blasted both the Packers and Sooners because they deserved it in my eyes.

I knew my comments would open me up to daily back-and-forths but felt compelled to speak up anyway. As I mentioned on an earlier post, I have been on this site for years now and don't make waves. The only reason I spoke up on this issue is because of my intimate knowledge of the moving parts. I don't blame ANYONE for disliking Joe. The whole point of my speaking up was simply to shed some light on the fact he is working to better himself.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree, Joe Mixon would most likely be the #1 or #2 RB drafted if it wasn't for his incident 2 1/2 years ago, he is no doubt a talented football player. However, I don't think anything will change on the Public Relation side of drafting him between now and the draft, that is going to be sh*t storm for some team and only time can possibly heal that wound for some.

The decision to draft him on the risk side of him not repeating this behavior, will be somewhat similar to a team's decision revolving around a player that sustained a major injury. However, in this case, they can't consult doctors and the history of an injury, they are going to have to rely purely on judgement and decide if he might be a guy who will end up out of football sooner than later. His agents/lawyers and the OSU decision makers and the way this has been handed has not helped pave the way for teams to fully trust Mixon. Nor do I think Mixon himself has helped himself enough before or after the incident. He had 2 incidents in H.S. that I am sure teams are aware of. One was being ejected for punching an opposing player and the other was allegedly throwing a woman to the ground and punching her. As minor as some might view his parking lot squirmish last fall, it's a glaring indication (to me) that he might not have a handle on controlling his anger by threatening to run down a parking lot attendant. His taunting of fans that were chanting "he hits women" at the 2017 Sugar Bowl, also leads me to believe he views what he did in the wrong light. I am glad that Mixon is doing things to "fix himself" that we don't hear about, but either they aren't being publicized enough or are being viewed as too little too late and only the negatives are making the news.

So teams will be doing their due diligence with Mixon and ultimately have to decide if his talents are worth the risks. Not much different than last year when talented players like Dak Prescott, Robert Nkemdiche and Tyreek Hill tumbled down draft boards due to a variety of off-field issues.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Joe Mixon would most likely be the #1 or #2 RB drafted if it wasn't for his incident 2 1/2 years ago, he is no doubt a talented football player. However, I don't think anything will change on the Public Relation side of drafting him between now and the draft, that is going to be sh*t storm for some team and only time can possibly heal that wound for some.

The decision to draft him on the risk side of him not repeating this behavior, will be somewhat similar to a team's decision revolving around a player that sustained a major injury. However, in this case, they can't consult doctors and the history of an injury, they are going to have to rely purely on judgement and decide if he might be a guy who will end up out of football sooner than later. His agents/lawyers and the OSU decision makers and the way this has been handed has not helped pave the way for teams to fully trust Mixon. Nor do I think Mixon himself has helped himself enough before or after the incident. He had 2 incidents in H.S. that I am sure teams are aware of. One was being ejected for punching an opposing player and the other was allegedly throwing a woman to the ground and punching her. As minor as some might view his parking lot squirmish last fall, it's a glaring indication (to me) that he might not have a handle on controlling his anger by threatening to run down a parking lot attendant. His taunting of fans that were chanting "he hits women" at the 2017 Sugar Bowl, also leads me to believe he views what he did in the wrong light. I am glad that Mixon is doing things to "fix himself" that we don't hear about, but either they aren't being publicized enough or are being viewed as too little too late and only the negatives are making the news.

So teams will be doing their due diligence with Mixon and ultimately have to decide if his talents are worth the risks. Not much different than last year when talented players like Dak Prescott, Robert Nkemdiche and Tyreek Hill tumbled down draft boards due to a variety of off-field issues.
His representation is atrocious. They are clueless and he would be well served to find someone new.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What does he have to do with his teammates actions? I am sure Joe said "hey guys, act like your punching me..." Uh huh. That story wouldn't have broke by now or anything. We're talking about kids here and what do kids do? Stupid stuff. If you hold what his teammates did against him, that's your call.

I totally agree with you in regards to this incident. This was the immaturity of Mixon's teammates, not Mixon himself. However, if you look at it objectively, as I said above, his taunting of fans during that same game don't help him. I can see why what his teammates chose to do lead people to view it as part of Mixon's character. This is the kind of thing that Mixon has set himself up for and any team that drafts him. Full on scrutiny. Anything he says or does, will be scrutinized, talked about and debated, using clear or foggy vision. Mixon and his NFL team will be living under that bubble for quite some time and the only way out of it will be time and no mistakes by Mixon.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with you in regards to this incident. This was the immaturity of Mixon's teammates, not Mixon himself. However, if you look at it objectively, as I said above, his taunting of fans during that same game don't help him. I can see why what his teammates chose to do lead people to view it as part of Mixon's character. This is the kind of thing that Mixon has set himself up for and any team that drafts him. Full on scrutiny. Anything he says or does, will be scrutinized, talked about and debate, using clear or foggy vision. Mixon and his NFL team will be living under that bubble for quite some time and the only way out of it will be time and no mistakes by Mixon.
I agree. He has earned it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree. He has earned it.

I definitely don't feel sorry for Mixon, after all, he will most likely be given an opportunity to not only earn millions of dollars, but even more importantly, an opportunity to prove to himself and the public, that he isn't a bad guy. I think we both agree he has received some pretty crappy handling during all of this, but that again was/is Mixon's ultimate choice, who he wants to be and who he wants to surround himself with to help him make good choices. I think he has a lot of work to repair both aspects of his life, his football skills are obvious.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't feel sorry for Mixon, after all, he will most likely be given an opportunity to not only earn millions of dollars, but even more importantly, an opportunity to prove to himself and the public, that he isn't a bad guy. I think we both agree he has received some pretty crappy handling during all of this, but that again was/is Mixon's ultimate choice, who he wants to be and who he wants to surround himself with to help him make good choices. I think he has a lot of work to repair both aspects of his life, his football skills are obvious.
Well said.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Your comments on objectivity is silly. The argument would suggest none of us on this board can look at the Packers objectively because we are fans and may have the teams name tied to our handle. I think you get my point. As to my assumption of your limited knowledge of the case, you can read every article on the web but that doesn't mean you know what is really going on.

I hate what Joe did and will always look at him in a different light. With that being said I know he has been taking steps to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. The rest of his life there will be people questioning his motives and whether or not he's going through the motions. He could be a model citizen and change many lives but to many, that won't matter. That's what happens when you hit a woman. He 100% earned that scarlet letter. Not one time have I nor will I ever excuse his actions. They were disgusting. However, I do know with certainty Joe is working to better himself.

I participated in Lincoln Douglas Debate for four years and received a blue seal from the National Forensics League. L.D. forced me to argue both sides of any given argument which taught me to search for clarity and truth opposed to ideological preference. I am objective and pride myself in being so. There have been dozens of occasions where I have blasted both the Packers and Sooners because they deserved it in my eyes.

I knew my comments would open me up to daily back-and-forths but felt compelled to speak up anyway. As I mentioned on an earlier post, I have been on this site for years now and don't make waves. The only reason I spoke up on this issue is because of my intimate knowledge of the moving parts. I don't blame ANYONE for disliking Joe. The whole point of my speaking up was simply to shed some light on the fact he is working to better himself.

I raise my cap to you for standing by your convictions politely :tup:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I want Packers to take Mixon but I think there gonna need to pick him up in 1st round. Don't think he will be there in 2nd.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Packers to take Mixon but I think there gonna need to pick him up in 1st round. Don't think he will be there in 2nd.
I was talking with one of my OU guys two nights ago about Joe's draft stock. The thing we kept going back to was how it's going to be a S-storm regardless of when you take him. If you want him and think he can help you win, grab him. Whether you grab in the 2nd or 6th, there will be fallout. Make the pick, tell your PR people to get ready and get after it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was talking with one of my OU guys two nights ago about Joe's draft stock. The thing we kept going back to was how it's going to be a S-storm regardless of when you take him. If you want him and think he can help you win, grab him. Whether you grab in the 2nd or 6th, there will be fallout. Make the pick, tell your PR people to get ready and get after it.

I thought the same....about the "PR Dance" being the same no matter when he is selected. What I do think teams who are contemplating drafting Mixon are thinking about is:

1. Risk VS. Reward and justifying when that pick is. Not only to themselves, but to a fan base that might have to be convinced immediately after the draft and anytime in the future if it doesn't work out.
  2. How long will he be on the board? Every team likes a bargain. So if the Packers are interested in Mixon, they might be saying, "hey, we can grab Mixon in the 3rd round and still have our first 2 picks".

Both of those questions are intertwined and like you said, teams that have Mixon still on their pre draft boards, have already decided they are willing to deal with the PR fallout, but at what price? When I look at TT and the Packers and those 2 things, I don't see them as the GM/team that will be willing to be the first one pulling the trigger much earlier than the 3rd round, if at all.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the same....about the "PR Dance" being the same no matter when he is selected. What I do think teams who are contemplating drafting Mixon are thinking about is:

1. Risk VS. Reward and justifying when that pick is. Not only to themselves, but to a fan base that might have to be convinced immediately after the draft and anytime in the future if it doesn't work out.
  2. How long will he be on the board? Every team likes a bargain. So if the Packers are interested in Mixon, they might be saying, "hey, we can grab Mixon in the 3rd round and still have our first 2 picks".

Both of those questions are intertwined and like you said, teams that have Mixon still on their pre draft boards, have already decided they are willing to deal with the PR fallout, but at what price? When I look at TT and the Packers and those 2 things, I don't see them as the GM/team that will be willing to be the first one pulling the trigger much earlier than the 3rd round, if at all.
If Ted wants him he will probably have to move up in the second to get him. The scenario I see making the S-Storm worse than normal would be trading up to get him. I can see the headline now, "Packers Trade Up to Acquire Womanizer..." Nightmare city. Mixon put on a show in his pro day and I think there's a chance he ends up going late first. He split carries with Samaje Perine and still put up gaudy numbers. Obviously teams will have to weigh the risk/reward. Mixon is a Top 10 talent and I don't say that lightly. He has every physical tool you would want in a RB and then some. I will be shocked if he makes it out of the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts