Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably in a minority, but I'd rather have McCaffrey than Cook.

I'd rather have Mixon over both to be honest. However, that's based on talent alone because I'm not going to argue about what he did. It definitely wasn't right, but he wouldn't be the first player in the NFL to do something disgusting at a young age and he won't be the last. Remember, Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend, but the Chiefs' fans seem to have forgiven him because of his play.

Mixon seems remorseful and teams had the time to interview him if they are concerned. However, based on talent alone, the kid is a stud and is absolutely the best fit for our team.

Cook disappointed at the combine and already has fumbling problems. I also don't believe McCaffrey is going to hold up for a full season if he has to run it up the gut. And let's face it, Fournette is definitely not falling out of the top 10.

Over all, Mixon has the perfect skill set with great hands, quick feet, vision, and the ability to run with power when needed. He's very similar to Le'Veon Bell and I couldn't imagine what this offense would be like if we had someone comparable to Bell.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'd rather have Mixon over both to be honest. However, that's based on talent alone because I'm not going to argue about what he did. It definitely wasn't right, but he wouldn't be the first player in the NFL to do something disgusting at a young age and he won't be the last. Remember, Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend, but the Chiefs' fans seem to have forgiven him because of his play.

Mixon seems remorseful and teams had the time to interview him if they are concerned. However, based on talent alone, the kid is a stud and is absolutely the best fit for our team.

Cook disappointed at the combine and already has fumbling problems. I also don't believe McCaffrey is going to hold up for a full season if he has to run it up the gut. And let's face it, Fournette is definitely not falling out of the top 10.

Over all, Mixon has the perfect skill set with great hands, quick feet, vision, and the ability to run with power when needed. He's very similar to Le'Veon Bell and I couldn't imagine what this offense would be like if we had someone comparable to Bell.

For the record, I think Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs who drafted him, and the fans who minimize what he got away with are totally disgusting.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, I think Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs who drafted him, and the fans who minimize what he got away with are totally disgusting.

In the immortal words of the Dude, "Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man."

Just kidding, I totally respect your opinion. It's a hard one to swallow and I hope he spends a lifetime donating to a battered woman's charity.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In the immortal words of the Dude, "Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man."

Just kidding, I totally respect your opinion. It's a hard one to swallow and I hope he spends a lifetime donating to a battered woman's charity.

The Dude is correct-- it is just my opinion.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Everyone needs to get over it. It was obviously a bad situation and he faced criminal charges and fulfilled all the obligations of his probation, anger management classes etc etc. This is a mark that's gonna follow him forever but he has already been punished.

Why should he continue to be punished? Should Oklahoma university shut down there football program because they let him play?

This is just stupid. Some people will never like him and that's fine but he has every right to play in the NFL. The Packers should take him if he is available as long as they feel that Mr. Mixon is headed in the right direction. The Packers have tons of resources available to do there homework on him and make an informed decision.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hardly call what amounted to a redshirt year, "punishment"

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many people would rush to assure us that this was a one time mistake and that he's most certainly matured if he wasn't a really good football player.

Probably the same number that would say "he's a character risk, so I wouldn't give (fill in a talented player) more than three years, $15 million".

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a long time FSU fan, Cook is the real deal, but we need D in the first 2 rounds, not a running back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers have tons of resources available to do there homework on him and make an informed decision.

So you are ok with the idea that if they do their due diligence and decide that Mix isn't worth the PR nightmare or the risk of spending a high pick on, they don't draft him? Because you seemed convinced, that you know he is fine.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So you are ok with the idea that if they do their due diligence and decide that Mix isn't worth the PR nightmare or the risk of spending a high pick on, they don't draft him? Because you seemed convinced, you know he is fine.

Never said he was fine. Was simply implying that he shouldn't be put on the electric chair and the Packers should do there due diligence.

They deemed him okay to be on a college campus arounds tons of young females so I think he would be okay in Green Bay.

If the Packers don't want to deal with the "PR stuff" then it would be understandable.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Everyone tries to act like we're so squeaky clean and we're not. We got guys and coaches getting DUI's. Players getting suspended all the time.

Heck, go check out Geronimo Allison's old tweets.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Everyone tries to act like we're so squeaky clean and we're not. We got guys and coaches getting DUI's. Players getting suspended all the time.

This is assuming that any given fan views all suspension worthy actions as being equally bad. I'm just one poster, but I don't see things that way. For instance, I find striking a woman in the face to be far worse than getting caught with weed.

We have some shady characters. They're all over the league. But I'm not aware of any cowards on our team who beat women.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I guess Geronimo would be looking forward to a trip to the Whitehouse to compare notes with Trump? :coffee:

While I find Allison's comments immature and deplorable, there is a difference between being a ********* Tweeter and punching a woman.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is assuming that any given fan views all suspension worthy actions as being equally bad. I'm just one poster, but I don't see things that way. For instance, I find striking a woman in the face to be far worse than getting caught with weed.

We have some shady characters. They're all over the league. But I'm not aware of any cowards on our team who beat women.

I am not saying the whole thing isn't disgusting or trying to look the other way. Simply stating he wouldn't be the first "troubled player" the Packers have tried to utilize.

What I am saying is he has been punished and received ongoing treatment for an anger management issues. As long as he is getting help and making changes along with showing improvement I don't think he should be taken off the table.

I just read that he is on the rise after meeting with some NFL execs. I'm not gonna cry if the Packers don't draft him but I gotta admit I would get pretty excited about this offense if they did.

Once again, only if everything checks out and this guy is headed in the right direction moving forward.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am not saying the whole thing isn't disgusting or trying to look the other way. Simply stating he wouldn't be the first "troubled player" the Packers have tried to utilize.

What I am saying is he has been punished and received ongoing treatment for an anger management issues. As long as he is getting help and making changes along with showing improvement I don't think he should be taken off the table.

I just read that he is on the rise after meeting with some NFL execs. I'm not gonna cry if the Packers don't draft him but I gotta admit I would get pretty excited about this offense if they did.

Once again, only if everything checks out and this guy is headed in the right direction moving forward.

Serious question-- what was his punishment?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Serious question-- what was his punishment?

From what i hear he was on probation and had to keep his nose clean. He was required to complete some anger management classes (counseling). A 100 hours of community service. I am sure there was some type of court imposed restitution or fines. Suspended from the team for a season. This was a misdemeanor.

its not like he is a habitual offender or even convicted of a felony charge here.

Revis is facing 4 felonies charges and i here people in here wanting him.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
A drug charge warrants a second chance. Knocking out a woman that may or may not have deserved it, shows you an individuals character. Even if it remains a one time thing, reguardless he is a man that knocked out a woman. In my opinion he does not deserve to be paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living because he clearly only cares about #1. My opinion aside, There are 51 other guys on a football team that may not respect a man that does that. A team that respects the guy next to him is the team that wins championships.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
From what i hear he was on probation and had to keep his nose clean. He was required to complete some anger management classes (counseling). A 100 hours of community service. I am sure there was some type of court imposed restitution or fines. Suspended from the team for a season. This was a misdemeanor.

its not like he is a habitual offender or even convicted of a felony charge here.

Revis is facing 4 felonies charges and i here people in here wanting him.

Thank you. To your final point, I am not one of those people.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
A drug charge warrants a second chance. Knocking out a woman that may or may not have deserved it, shows you an individuals character. Even if it remains a one time thing, reguardless he is a man that knocked out a woman. In my opinion he does not deserve to be paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living because he clearly only cares about #1. My opinion aside, There are 51 other guys on a football team that may not respect a man that does that. A team that respects the guy next to him is the team that wins championships.

Violence is violence and should not be tolerated but some of these kids aren't raised in the greatest environments and don't have the best role models around them. I am not condoning what he did but to just shut him out because he made a mistake only makes the problem worse and creates more anger.

This whole thing can be turned into a positive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One other angle on it. I don't necessarily think that Mixon should be banned from the league. But I do think that getting drafted really high despite all this would send a terrible message to other young men. Basically indicates that you can do this and it won't really adversely affect your NFL plans. If he went late or had to come on as a UDFA like Collins, it would at least demonstrate some real tangible consequences.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
One other angle on it. I don't necessarily think that Mixon should be banned from the league. But I do think that getting drafted really high despite all this would send a terrible message to other young men. Basically indicates that you can do this and it won't really adversely affect your NFL plans. If he went late or had to come on as a UDFA like Collins, it would at least demonstrate some real tangible consequences.

Well he already got kicked from the Combine. I do agree that would send a good a message but some team that's desperate will ruin that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well he already got kicked from the Combine. I do agree that would send a good a message but some team that's desperate will ruin that.

Yeah but if he still goes in the top 2 rounds, who
cares?

But to your second point, most likely.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah but if he still goes in the top 2 rounds, who
cares?

But to your second point, most likely.

If anyone wants to get mad about this thing they should get mad at the prosecutor that charged the case. He should of got hit with a felony and and hit with some more serious consequences.

You gotta believe there was pressure to keep him playing at some point.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I'd never hit a woman but if I was assaulted by one I'd defend myself

Looking at this on a small phone screen it looks to me like she hits him and then grabs his neck, if he had cold cocked a GUY in this situation I'd have thought "damn he didnt have to hit him that hard"

But, like somebody said, if the A-hole who got punched had been a guy, there would have been no issue

All that said I wouldnt draft the kid, dont need the distraction

Hopefully he's learned his lesson (stay out of situations like this), when he sees all the money this costs him it should hit home

The chick who got popped has her 15 seconds of fame too

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
First off, I'd never hit a woman but if I was assaulted by one I'd defend myself

Looking at this on a small phone screen it looks to me like she hits him and then grabs his neck, if he had cold cocked a GUY in this situation I'd have thought "damn he didnt have to hit him that hard"

But, like somebody said, if the A-hole who got punched had been a guy, there would have been no issue

All that said I wouldnt draft the kid, dont need the distraction

Hopefully he's learned his lesson (stay out of situations like this), when he sees all the money this costs him it should hit home

The chick who got popped has her 15 seconds of fame too

You might want to watch the video on a bigger screen and also read into some of the details of what was being said by Mixon and his buddies, before you draw those conclusions. I also think the "chick who got popped" would trade those 15 seconds of fame to not have to have lived through the pain of having her face broken trying to defend herself against someone who was verbally assaulting her and her friend. But I suppose "she had it coming by the way she was dressed"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts