Jackson Signed

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
From the jsonline update blog... good news.. 2 more :jumpflame:

WEDNESDAY, July 25, 2007, 3:56 p.m.
By Bob McGinn

Packer pick Jackson signs multi-year deal
Running back Brandon Jackson, a second-round draft choice from Nebraska, signed a multi-year contract today with the Green Bay Packers.

The signing of Jackson leaves the Packers with two unsigned picks: defensive tackle Justin Harrell, their first-round selection, and wide receiver James Jones, their third-round pick.

General manager Ted Thompson said he was confident Jones would be signed before practice starts Saturday at 2 p.m. Thompson also said negotiations with Harrell were going smoothly and he didn't anticipate much of a delay in his signing.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
93z
The official source is better. In 05 we had a bit of a dispute on the board when Milwaukee reported on thing and Green Bay reported another.
I was only backing you up. 93z I've never seen you post bad info.
Bob McGinn I do not fully trust. Silverstein I do.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome news. Can't say as I was all that worried, but still great to finally lock these guys up for a few years.

And fyi, I had faith in you, 93. :packbeer:

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/07/25/1/

Confirmed

Very pleasing.

93z
The official source is better. In 05 we had a bit of a dispute on the board when Milwaukee reported on thing and Green Bay reported another.
I was only backing you up. 93z I've never seen you post bad info.
Bob McGinn I do not fully trust. Silverstein I do.

I was just joking around... no worries at all..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it just a bit ironic that one of the last two players to sign is Jones. Esp since a lot of teams had him in the 5th round or lower. You would think he and his agent would have been so happy to get the bucks that the higher draft round provided them that they would have grabbed one of the 1st offers that was given to them.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I find it just a bit ironic that one of the last two players to sign is Jones. Esp since a lot of teams had him in the 5th round or lower. You would think he and his agent would have been so happy to get the bucks that the higher draft round provided them that they would have grabbed one of the 1st offers that was given to them.

Maybe he's just realllly good and knows it and knows the teams knows it and is holding out for as much as possible?? Let's hope so!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Maybe Andrew and Ted simply do not WANT to get them signed on time because we all know that's what it is ALL about.

:shrug:

Anyhooters, it's nice to see the flourish of signings.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is great that he will be in camp from the get-go.

My gut feeling is, by getting into camp on time and having the full opportunity to digest the "O" we will see him as the feature back from opening day.

Nothing against Vernard, he will contribute but Jackson is going to be the man when the season opens.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Nothing against Vernard, he will contribute but Jackson is going to be the man when the season opens.

He could be. I think that he may not be the starter on opening day but he will be the featured back getting the most touches by the end of the season.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

He could be. I think that he may not be the starter on opening day but he will be the featured back getting the most touches by the end of the season.

I think he will be a washout. :rotflmao: Just kidding. He looked good and some of the highlights, and he came out Nebraska. That says alot right there.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will be a washout. :rotflmao: Just kidding. He looked good and some of the highlights, and he came out Nebraska. That says alot right there.
One thing we know and that is Nebraska has a bunch of studs on their OL and they can make anyone look good.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nebraska has a bunch of studs on their OL and they can make anyone look good.

Same could be said for ours.... I mean, look at Gado, Ahman Green, etc. j/k, but seriously, our OL is gonna be solid, and we run the same scheme as Nebraskie. Everyone believes Jackson will be getting a small majority of carries by week 5 or so, but Mo will still be pretty heavily involved.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a Husker fan, and let me tell you this is not true. The pipeline OL of the past, when the Huskers were a power football/option team, has fallen *hard* of late. We have some good guys, and some big young talent coming in, but since the West Coast offense came to town our O-line has been absolutely nothing like those days. Two years ago our QB was taking a ridiculous number of hits/sacks every game because the O-line opened like a sieve.

It's getting there - but trust me, it's not an o-line full of studs yet. We were ranked like 96th in the nation rushing in '05 before stepping up last year.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a Husker fan, and let me tell you this is not true. The pipeline OL of the past, when the Huskers were a power football/option team, has fallen *hard* of late. We have some good guys, and some big young talent coming in, but since the West Coast offense came to town our O-line has been absolutely nothing like those days. Two years ago our QB was taking a ridiculous number of hits/sacks every game because the O-line opened like a sieve.

It's getting there - but trust me, it's not an o-line full of studs yet. We were ranked like 96th in the nation rushing in '05 before stepping up last year.

Nebraska may not be the power house that you are accustomed to but they were not the 2005 team that you are referring to this last year. The 2006 team's offense was 14th in the nation in total offense yards.
Some of the clips I saw of Jackson's big runs were thru huge holes.