It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

D

Deleted member 6794

So wait, because the Jets refuse to give a first, two people who have zero control to force the use of another teams picks should be fired??

Murphy and Gutekunst are responsible for signing Rodgers to that stupidly structured extension last offseason. That has a direct impact on the compensation they can expect in a trade this offseason.

A post June 1st trade is still something I think is a lot more possible than folks think…Jets would love it, gives them full draft capital this year only steals players and next year capital.

According to some the Jets season would be doomed in that case as Rodgers would miss the oh-so important OTA practices though.

I still say the line is drawn specifically at the #13. Although they could be at odds on who picks up most of Rodgers’ cap tab as well.

The Packers should definitely not pick up any cent of Rodgers' salary. They're already taking a huge cap hit because of the dead money involved in his deal.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy and Gutekunst are responsible for signing Rodgers to that stupidly structured extension last offseason. That has a direct impact on the compensation they can expect in a trade this offseason.

According to some the Jets season would be doomed in that case as Rodgers would miss the oh-so important OTA practices though.

The Packers should definitely not pick up any cent of Rodgers' salary. They're already taking a huge cap hit because of the dead money involved in his deal.

I’ll say this much if Rodgers goes to them for the Jets but not here that is so absurd and I’d hope **** off many here that always pretended like they didn’t matter.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You wonder how something like this could drag on for 10 nore weeks. The side effects to fans and players alike would be very uncomfortable. But it IS a business.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how we finally got our answer, and it seems like we're back to square one waiting to see what is going to happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’ll say this much if Rodgers goes to them for the Jets but not here that is so absurd and I’d hope **** off many here that always pretended like they didn’t matter.

Rodgers showed up for OTAs in his first 11 seasons as a starter. It would make sense for him to do with a new team once again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Leroy Butler says Jets don’t win 8 games and I think he mentions the otas

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course frame work is in place. Word is it was SB time.

Report: Aaron Rodgers Trade Will Get Done; Talks Started Prior to Super Bowl​

But a lot of the legwork has been done….

The Jets have no viable Plan B and their fanbase now knows that they are attempting to acquire Rodgers. Failure to do so could cost general manager Joe Douglas his job.

huh. I was told frame work, but leg work is used here

also said jets have no leverage and this guy says no Plan b

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leroy Butler says Jets don’t win 8 games and I think he mentions the otas
So he thinks they will have the same or worse record than they did in 2022? If that’s the case, he’s not worth more than a 3rd round pick at best. In fact, the Jets would be insane to even make the trade because they gain nothing.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he thinks they will have the same or worse record than they did in 2022? If that’s the case, he’s not worth more than a 3rd round pick at best. In fact, the Jets would be insane to even make the trade because they gain nothing.
Their defense might get them where they were last year. But beyond that they need help.

Reaction score
Their defense might get them where they were last year. But beyond that they need help.
The chances of the Jets not winning 9 games next year with the team led by a healthy Rodgers is about the same chance that GB would win 9 games. We have to remember they had the #4 ranked Defense last season and most of that Defense returns.
Another argument would be that Aaron Rodgers and Lazard joining NY itself injects a decent amount of talent. That doesn’t even account for their FO isn’t finished adding weapons or protection on Offense. To say they can’t win 9 games is underestimating that team in my opinion. Especially if OBJ or some other Weapon joins in.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder how a New York crowd would feel about Rodgers, since he refused to get vaccinated?
No. 95% of their fans will either never even know that, never have it cross their minds or not care if they do.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King's take on the possible draft compensation in a Rodgers trade:

I think it’s silly to try to get a first-round pick off the Jets this year. New York picks 13th in the first round, and with no apparent guarantee that Rodgers, entering his age-40 season, will definitely play in 2024, the Jets would be foolish to give up a pick that could be used on the second- or third-best offensive lineman in the draft—to protect Rodgers. (If that’s how they choose to use the first-round pick.) The fairest deal: Jets trade a second-rounder this year (43rd overall) and a conditional pick in 2025, not 2024, based on whether Rodgers plays football for New York in 2024. If he plays 100 snaps or more in 2024, the Jets give Green Bay a first-round pick. If Rodgers plays less than that, the Jets give Green Bay a third-rounder. So if Rodgers plays two years for New York, the price is a first- and a second-; if he plays one year, the price is a second- and a third-. I totally see Green Bay’s point about playing hardball for Rodgers, but the 13th pick in the draft for a guy who might play one year? I don’t see it. Unless Rodgers flat-out guarantees the Jets he’s there for two years, minimum, I’m not considering paying the 2023 one for him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chances of the Jets not winning 9 games next year with the team led by a healthy Rodgers is about the same chance that GB would win 9 games. We have to remember they had the #4 ranked Defense last season and most of that Defense returns.
Another argument would be that Aaron Rodgers and Lazard joining NY itself injects a decent amount of talent. That doesn’t even account for their FO isn’t finished adding weapons or protection on Offense. To say they can’t win 9 games is underestimating that team in my opinion. Especially if OBJ or some other Weapon joins in.
The Jets always find ways to disappoint. They have not had much, if any success, since the days of Rex. And much of it stems from QB. Now they would have enough to battle the big boys of the AFC.

Reaction score
Peter King's take on the possible draft compensation in a Rodgers trade:

Interesting read thank you.

While it’s possible The Packers don’t get the #13 selection, I disagree with King on many of those reasons.
I agree in the part they should retain that #13 in general, such as to go make a Tristan Wirfs type move. That part makes sense.

For me? I’m hearing justification for trying to “put one over” on the Packers. If the Jets simply want that selection to help their win now mode then they need to replicate that amount of draft capital later in the draft or across 2 seasons. A #43 isn’t even in the same stratosphere as #13 and Peter King knows it. I’m not that dumb and I hope Brian isn’t either. Screw the future shell game I want #13 like capital or we walk. We will even capitulate with this nonsense.
That #13 is worth 43,74,112,143,
A 2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and a 2025 2nd rounder. That’s no joke either!!

As far as being scared?? I could care less if Rodgers plays in 2024 as any player in this league could retire today and saying otherwise is foolish. If that’s a concern?? How about this scenario if retirement is truthfully the main reason (after all every pundit in NY is using it) if we are so sure he will retire?????
Put your money where your mouth is Jets fans! Give GB get a future 1st rounder for every season he plays beyond 2023 for NY.
(CRICKETS CHIRPING!)

Let’s quit being stupid Peter King! He’s trying to convince us that Aaron Rodgers is NOt worth an early 2nd Rounder for the 2023 season?
Are you kidding me! Those guys are nutso in NY!!

He lives in Brooklyn NY! He thinks people from WI are complete IDIOTS! Gutey don’t misrepresent our Alma Mater or I’ll write you personally!!

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets supporters put your money where your mouth is and quit horsing around like we’re stupid.

However, they have just as much reasoning to say the same back at Packer Fans thinking Rodgers at this point in his career and unknown desires of future being worth such high equity. If I'm the Jets I'm only coming off of the #13 if the Packers give me the 45th....which I'm also not a fan of if I'm Gute unless they include some guys I know could start or see 60% of snaps at their position this year to help build around Love.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting read thank you.

While it’s possible The Packers don’t get the #13 selection, I disagree with King on many of those reasons.
I agree in the part they should retain that #13 in general, such as to go make a Tristan Wirfs type move. That part makes sense.

For me? I’m hearing justification for trying to “put one over” on the Packers. If the Jets simply want that selection to help their win now mode then they need to replicate that amount of draft capital later in the draft or across 2 seasons. A #43 isn’t even in the same stratosphere as #13 and Peter King knows it. I’m not that dumb and I hope Brian isn’t either. Screw the future shell game I want #13 like capital or we walk. We will even capitulate with this nonsense.
That #13 is worth 43,74,112,143,
A 2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and a 2025 2nd rounder. That’s no joke either!!
Actually, 2023 #43, #74, #112 (NYJ's 2-4) and 2024's late #2 & #3 come fairly close to #13's point value. I also like your idea of 2025 pick but I'd be OK with their 3rd rounder regardless if AR is still playing after '23 or not. If they want him in '24 more than likely they'll need to "sweeten" his contract, anyway, so give him what he wants or risk more Ecuador or dark room trips.

Reaction score
However, they have just as much reasoning to say the same back at Packer Fans thinking Rodgers at this point in his career and unknown desires of future being worth such high equity. If I'm the Jets I'm only coming off of the #13 if the Packers give me the 45th....which I'm also not a fan of if I'm Gute unless they include some guys I know could start or see 60% of snaps at their position this year to help build around Love.
Yiu are at least saying Rodgers THIS season (let’s all forget about the Jets smokescreen of Rodgers “future”) is worth a #26 overall straight up.
That’s a little light, but it’s at least reasonable and maybe throw in a 4th and I’d probably just concede and put my tail between my legs and let them snicker all the way to the bank :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts