It’s almost Frozen season

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope they go with a college guy or assistant rather than a former STC who proved to be bad at it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that the Packers completely "low balled" Rizzi. However, if it was just about money and we don't know for sure, it was a case of Rizzi wanting more than the Packers could justify giving him. So many unknowns to this, that I think just to say it was due to the Packers being cheap is a bit premature.

True, and I think there could also have been a domino effect. There's an overall pecking order for the coaches, and if what he wanted would have gotten him into the upper strata, then the guys above him would have wanted more, also.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that the Packers completely "low balled" Rizzi. However, if it was just about money and we don't know for sure, it was a case of Rizzi wanting more than the Packers could justify giving him. So many unknowns to this, that I think just to say it was due to the Packers being cheap is a bit premature.
he flew up there for the interview...so he wanted the job. that they didn't want to pay him what he thought was fair is the only conclusion.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he flew up there for the interview...so he wanted the job. that they didn't want to pay him what he thought was fair is the only conclusion.
Come on man.... “the only conclusion “ Even if you end up being right ... that statement is just ridiculous.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We can only speculate as to how it all went down, but the bottom line is that the Packers didn't get the consensus top candidate and that's a bummer because I think ST is one area that has quietly had a big impact on the Packers' slide into mediocrity.

They were 28th in starting field position both offensively and defensively. So only four teams had worse starting field position they did, and only 4 teams allowed better starting field position to opponents.

That's punting, coverage, blocking, tackling, returning... they sucked at all of it.

Five teams were top 10 in both offensive and defensive field position, and they all made the playoffs (HOU, KC, NO, LAR, IND).

D

Deleted member 6794

We can only speculate as to how it all went down, but the bottom line is that the Packers didn't get the consensus top candidate and that's a bummer because I think ST is one area that has quietly had a big impact on the Packers' slide into mediocrity.

They were 28th in starting field position both offensively and defensively. So only four teams had worse starting field position they did, and only 4 teams allowed better starting field position to opponents.

That's punting, coverage, blocking, tackling, returning... they sucked at all of it.

Five teams were top 10 in both offensive and defensive field position, and they all made the playoffs (HOU, KC, NO, LAR, IND).

While special teams definitely contribute to it both offense and defense have a larger impact on those mumbers though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure pro football talk didn't report that money was the reason for Rizzi not taking the job. In fact they likely heard that from rizzis representation. So, while maybe it wasn't the only reason I'm willing to bet it was the main reason

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure pro football talk didn't report that money was the reason for Rizzi not taking the job. In fact they likely heard that from rizzis representation. So, while maybe it wasn't the only reason I'm willing to bet it was the main reason

We met Rizzi's offer. It wasn't money.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It's almost like summer here then compared to Wisconsin. Sorry guys :D

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nice....Butkus is an OL coach at Illinois and **** Butkus's nephew.

Do you work at one of the top hotels in Green Bay Frozen? Seeing these guys register as they come to Green Bay? :coffee:

And what, he just knows what all these obscure coaches look like?

Members online

Latest posts