It’s almost Frozen season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A month is a long time in Corona-world. Though the league has given no indication the draft might be delayed, it is possible thereby opening a window for some visits and Pro Days. Not likely, but possible.

While you may not be able to do follow-up medicals with your own doctors or work a guy out, assuming the player will submit to such, you can still conduct the interview process via Skype or some like tool. Is there a video conference list in place of the site visit list perchance?

If I had to wager a guess, teams have all the wheels in motion on how to get a really good idea of who these guys are. I am sure that will be via Teleconferencing, Face Time chats, etc. The tough one is medical. Someone Like Tua posts a 20 second video of him dancing in the pocket and throwing a ball. That seemed to get the media all excited today, but is he medically recovered? Without really getting in close for an examination, teams are going to have to relay on other doctors medical reports. This could be a year where we see some real busts or some real bargains. I don't doubt that there still will be a lot of vetting, just in a different way. Maybe they will do medicals via video calls?

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Just a question. You said you knew a guy with Salt Lake in the AAF. Zook was there before they folded and his departure from Green Bay coincides with your no longer providing those free agent calls.

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Zook perhaps? No free agent calls the last two years.

You have repeatedly called me a liar. And seemingly your only justification is that I didn’t call any free agent signings during legal tampering? I don’t work for the Packers or an agent. How would I have any information on that? That all transpires massively fast. What would I gain from posting false information? Have I ever posted ONE THING that was false? How would I be credible when it come to coaching news, but not player news? Why won’t you answer any of my questions?

I want to understand your reasoning and philosophy, please enlighten us!

H

HardRightEdge

I want to understand your reasoning and philosophy, please enlighten us!
If I know a good local electrician I will call him for electrical work. I will not call him for plumbing work, nor would I call him for electrical work if he moved away. The point being, your good calls in one area may not translate to another. You touted your free agency calls, and they have been absent for the last two years.

So, the only question I have is the implausible visit list you produced, whether that came from a reliable source or is a concoction beyond an area of actual inside information or one that has expired. We'll never be able to verify it unless site visits are reinstated at some point. That's what I'm probing. I'm sure you've been called worse than a liar. Most of us have. Maybe that should have been "exaggerater", so I appologize in not going all the way back to the 2018 free agent calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I know a good local electrician I will call him for electrical work. I will not call him for plumbing work, nor would I call him for electrical work if he moved away. The point being, your good calls in one area may not translate to another. You touted your free agency calls, and they have been absent for the last two years.

So, the only question I have is the implausible visit list you produced, whether that came from a reliable source or is a concoction beyond an area of actual inside information or one that has expired. We'll never be able to verify it unless site visits are reinstated at some point. That's what I'm probing. I'm sure you've been called worse than a liar. Most of us have. Maybe that should have been "exaggerater", so I appologize in not going all the way back to the 2018 free agent calls.

So what is that? A long winded non-apology? Once again I ask, have I ever been wrong? If not, then I am not a liar.

H

HardRightEdge

So what is that? A long winded non-apology? Once again I ask, have I ever been wrong? If not, then I am not a liar.
Back up at post #91 you said, "I have basically “predicted” every single Free Agent or coaching visit/hire for the past 3 years. That was an untrue statement. So, my not going back 3 years should not have been required. Perhaps my apology is not in order given the absence of those calls in 2019 and 2020. You can take my meaning either way, apology or not.

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back up at post #91 you said, "I have basically “predicted” every single Free Agent or coaching visit/hire for the past 3 years. That was an untrue statement. So, my not going back 3 years should not have been required. Perhaps my apology is not in order given the absence of those calls in 2019 and 2020. You can take my meaning either way, apology or not.

That’s not an untrue statement. Free Agents don’t typically visit Green Bay during legal tamerping before the league year begins. I said “visit/hire.” I didn’t say “signing.” You see the difference?

H

HardRightEdge

That’s not an untrue statement. Free Agents don’t typically visit Green Bay during legal tamerping before the league year begins. I said “visit/hire.” I didn’t say “signing.” You see the difference?
I wasn't talking about signings. You didn't predict any free agent visits this year or last.

Free agents can visit before the league year starts if they have been cut, like this one, which evidently eluded your radar:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/12/free-agent-lb-christian-kirksey-visiting-packers/

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about signings. You didn't predict any free agent visits this year or last.

Free agents can visit before the league year starts if they have been cut, like this one, which evidently eluded your radar:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/12/free-agent-lb-christian-kirksey-visiting-packers/

Yep, I didn’t get the Kirksey signing. Did you get that one? Have you ever gotten one? You know what, F it. I’m done with this message board. You are an unbelievably big tool.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yep, I didn’t get the Kirksey signing. Did you get that one? Have you ever gotten one? You know what, F it. I’m done with this message board. You are an unbelievably big tool.
I like HRE, but he definitely had his Cheerios pissed in today. Put him on ignore, and keep posting. You’re viewed by most (actually by my count all but one) as a welcomed member. We appreciate the information.

H

HardRightEdge

I like HRE, but he definitely had his Cheerios pissed in today. Put him on ignore, and keep posting. You’re viewed by most (actually by my count all but one) as a welcomed member. We appreciate the information.
I never said he wasn't a welcome member. It's not my place to make that claim anyway; I'm not a moderator. I'm questioning the veracity of certain claims and probing the extent of valid inside information. You may see a hole in the story or not as you see fit.

Bailing out because of an exchange with one member does like an overreaction. Your idea regading the ignore button might work for him, but I'm not a fan of using it myself. As for putting me on ignore, I have no problem with anybody doing that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I never said he wasn't a welcome member. It's not my place to make that claim anyway; I'm not a moderator. I'm questioning the veracity of certain claims and probing the extent of valid inside information. You may see a hole in the story or not as you see fit.

Bailing out because of an exchange with one member does like an overreaction. Your idea regading the ignore button might work for him, but I'm not a fan of using it myself. As for putting me on ignore, I have no problem with anybody doing that.

You made a ******** accusation and refused to back off, because you never back off of anything. It's hilarious that you are pointing out someone else's overreaction, given the way that you've acted in this thread. But we've all seen it before. And now you've probably run off someone that the majority of other posters enjoy.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I second that^ Frozen, the majority of us enjoy the Packers info you provide.

I totally understand where you're coming from, via having info. I've played against and coached some of these players who were drafted and if someone posts about said players I'd personally send them my personal thoughts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is it just me or are tensions high during this stay at home thing? :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

You made a ******** accusation and refused to back off, because you never back off of anything. It's hilarious that you are pointing out someone else's overreaction, given the way that you've acted in this thread. But we've all seen it before. And now you've probably run off someone that the majority of other posters enjoy.
I'm not sure why you care. It was not so long ago you placed zero relevance on site visits. You might have noticed is the only claim of his I care about.

There was a point that goes to credibility which you seem to have overlooked.

H

HardRightEdge

Is it just me or are tensions high during this stay at home thing? :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I'm fine. I got out of Florida 11 days early for fear I'd be stuck there. That worked. Florida is about to get hit with this virus like a ton of bricks, worse than New York City.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is this a surprise?

- Gute traded a good player for DeShone Kizer, indicating they were high on Kizer.

Now personally I really hope they don't. Especially not at 30.

While I wouldn't mind the Packers selecting a developmental quarterback on day three of the draft I was surprised that there were five QBs on the list that will be drafted earlier.

In my opinion there are definitely other positions in need of being addressed in the first three rounds of this year's draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I wouldn't mind the Packers selecting a developmental quarterback on day three of the draft I was surprised that there were five QBs on the list that will be drafted earlier.

If the list was factual, I can also see this as Gute doing it for a combination of 2 things.

First, maybe the Packers are actually thinking its time to draft Rodgers replacement and they are seriously considering a big move to do so. A month ago Tua was being mocked to the Packers at 30 by some, but with his recent show of recovering well from his hip injury, I now see him in the top ten and even 5 of many mocks. Way out of the Packers affordabilty.

The second reason Gute might want to visit with those QB's is the simple smoke screen effect. QB's are valuable in the draft, especially perceived first round talented QB's. If any of them are appearing to be available at 30 and there is a team that really wants that player, that team might come at the Packers with a trade offer. Gute might be able to get more in the trade if its public knowledge that the player was in Green Bay for a visit. Gute just tells the team "yeah, we really like him and are considering selecting him, unless you can sweeten your offer".

D

Deleted member 6794

First, maybe the Packers are actually thinking its time to draft Rodgers replacement and they are seriously considering a big move to do so. A month ago Tua was being mocked to the Packers at 30 by some, but with his recent show of recovering well from his hip injury, I now see him in the top ten and even 5 of many mocks. Way out of the Packers affordabilty.

The second reason Gute might want to visit with those QB's is the simple smoke screen effect. QB's are valuable in the draft, especially perceived first round talented QB's. If any of them are appearing to be available at 30 and there is a team that really wants that player, that team might come at the Packers with a trade offer. Gute might be able to get more in the trade if its public knowledge that the player was in Green Bay for a visit. Gute just tells the team "yeah, we really like him and are considering selecting him, unless you can sweeten your offer".

I highly doubt Gutekunst is actually thinking about drafting Rodgers replacement. It might be extremely tough to sell that to other teams as well.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In my opinion there are definitely other positions in need of being addressed in the first three rounds of this year's draft.

The point is that we shouldn't be surprised since Gute has been pursuing fairly high profile QB's since he's been the GM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts