It’s almost Frozen season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I highly doubt Gutekunst is actually thinking about drafting Rodgers replacement. It might be extremely tough to sell that to other teams as well.

Based strictly on the things that we know: Rodgers desire to play, his talent level and his contract, I agree with you, now is not the time to throw a high pick at his replacement.

However, we might not know everything there is to know. If Gute feels Rodgers is done or the Packers need to move on from him in 2021 or 2022, than it wouldn't be that far fetched to use a high pick on his replacement. I don't expect it, but if it does happen, much like when Rodgers himself was drafted, it kind of sends a clear message that Rodgers years of being a Packer are closer to ending than many hope/think.

D

Deleted member 6794

The point is that we shouldn't be surprised since Gute has been pursuing fairly high profile QB's since he's been the GM.

I don't consider trading a disgruntled player who was a distraction in the locker room for a backup as pursuing a high profile quarterback.

Spending a first round pick on the position would be a whole different level.

However, we might not know everything there is to know. If Gute feels Rodgers is done or the Packers need to move on from him in 2021 or 2022, than it wouldn't be that far fetched to use a high pick on his replacement. I don't expect it, but if it does happen, much like when Rodgers himself was drafted, it kind of sends a clear message that Rodgers years of being a Packer are closer to ending than many hope/think.

Gutekunst restructuring Rodgers' contract at the end of last season to create more cap space for this one which resulted in additional dead money down the road strongly indicates that he doesn't believe the quarterback is done by any means.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider trading a disgruntled player who was a distraction in the locker room for a backup as pursuing a high profile quarterback.

Spending a first round pick on the position would be a whole different level.

Yes, trading for a 2nd round QB after his rookie year is trading for a high profile QB. Obviously it's not like taking a QB in the top 10, but I think you get the gist of what I'm saying. I'll try again though.

We have seen Gutekunst target QB's in the early rounds of the draft, and via trade, since he became the GM. Him bringing in QB's to visit probably shouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world.

Also, don't forget that Gutekunst has said he likes to look back at scouting reports, and visitations, when dealing with FA's and potential trades. It's another small piece of a puzzle.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, trading for a 2nd round QB after his rookie year is trading for a high profile QB.

We have seen Gutekunst target QB's in the early rounds of the draft, and via trade, since he became the GM. Him bringing in QB's to visit probably shouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world.

Once again, Gutekunst trading for a backup isn't the same as him thinking about selecting one in the first round of the draft. In addition we haven't seen him target a quarterback in the early round of the draft, there are just rumors he was interested in one. He hasn't selected one so far though.

H

HardRightEdge

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...aron-rodgers-falls-into-their-lap/2908754001/

So suck on deez nuts HardRightEdge.

*Mic drop* I’m officially out.
OK. I've been justifiably smacked down. Call me hamburger.

I was misled by your claim that you had picked all the FA visits over the last three years when they were noticably absent in 2019 and 2020. It kinda looked like you were selling something based on past success without fear of confirmation since the visits have been cancelled.

Bravo. Keep those calls coming.

The remaining question, if you know and care to answer, is whether that was a wish list or whether the invites were actually accepted before the plug was pulled. Inviting doesn't necessarily mean accepting.

Last edited by a moderator:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I've been justifiably smacked down. Call me hamburger.

I was misled by your claim that you had picked all the FA visits over the last three years when they were noticably absent in 2019 and 2020. It kinda looked like you were selling something based on past success without fear of confirmation since the visits have been cancelled.

Bravo. Keep those calls coming.

The remaining question, if you know and care to answer, is whether that was a wish list or whether the invites were actually accepted before the plug was pulled. Inviting doesn't necessarily mean accepting.

Dawg. Just say you were wrong without all the excuses and ****. Good grief.

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, well.

We are now like 4 pages into our back and forth and you still have yet to supply an error. So, I’m going to assume it doesn’t exist.

It’s impossible for me to break news that I don’t know about. Same for Adam Schefter, Rob Demovsky, Tom Silverstein, James Jones, etc. That’s why there isn’t one person out there that gets ALL the scoops. If I find out that someone is signing with Green Bay 25 minutes after one of those other guys already did, then it’s not news and I don’t post it. Does that make sense? That’s like as crystal clear as I can make it for you man.

If you want me to confirm their reports I will, it just doesn’t seem to be worth anyone’s time.

H

HardRightEdge

We are now like 4 pages into our back and forth and you still have yet to supply an error.
I've mentioned it several times, again right in this exchange. I'm not going to repeat it again.

You can answer or not but I'm not repeating it.

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously saying that you don’t believe me? I have basically “predicted” every single Free Agent or coaching visit/hire for the past 3 years... I’m not going to supply you my source if that’s what you want.

I’m guessing this is the post that seems to have broken your brain. As you will see I said “Free Agent or coaching visit/hire for the past 3 years.” I did not say Free Agent signing. I never said Free Agent signing, not one single solitary time. Like I just said, if I find out about a signing after it’s been reported it’s not newsworthy. I really don’t know what else I can do to illustrate this point...

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Once again, last year AND this year (apparently with the exception of Kirksey) all free agent signings happened before visits occurred.

And if I was lying based on credibility that I had garnered in the past, wouldn’t I have gone with a full list of 30? What reason would there be for me to limit it to 11?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Frozen...keep posting stuff that you hear about. Some of us love to speculate & analyze so ANY info keeps us going. Appreciate the efforts!!

JohnnyBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This order is based on where I’d guess they have these players on their big board, but I have no definite insight into that. These are players that they WERE planning on bringing in for visits before that all went out the window.

1. Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama
2. Javon Kinlaw - DL - South Carolina
3. Jordan Love - QB - Utah State
4. Jacob Eason - QB - Washington
5. Isaiah Wilson - OT - Georgia
6. Saahdiq Charles - OT - LSU
7. Jalen Hurts - QB - Oklahoma
8. Willie Gay Jr. - LB - Mississippi St.
9. Antonio Gibson - RB/WR - Memphis
10. Nate Stanley - QB - Iowa
11. Vernon Scott - S - TCU

Sorry NFL.com. Scooped a week earlier by @FrozenTakesInGB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tual-visits-with-qb-love?campaign=Twitter_atn

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts