Isnt it amazing

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were plenty of times this year where he "stood up" for 8 to 10 seconds in a perfectly good pocket and couldn't make a decision and then took a sack. Against Dallas the Pack went to more quick slants and Rogers got the ball out quicker. I'm not necessarily defending the o-line as I'm saying that Rodgers made better decisions and didn't try to play "perfect". He took chances where they were warranted and they usually paid off.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still find it amazing that so many people will continue to argue how little difference there was between Favre and Rodgers - even after this past season and thus far this season. It's truly astounding - the level of Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil. Compete insanity.

It's pretty apparent that we'll need to expect inconsistent play from Rodgers going forward, because TT has intentionally turned a blind eye to the O-line needs the past 5 years. TT figured the Green Bay offense wouldn't miss a beat with Rodgers commandeering the vessel, but he was wrong. What really irks me is that TT was well aware of Rodgers' limitations and STILL placed little emphasis on the O-line. Ye shall reap what thee sows.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still find it amazing that so many people will continue to argue how little difference there was between Favre and Rodgers - even after this past season and thus far this season. It's truly astounding - the level of Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil. Compete insanity.

It's pretty apparent that we'll need to expect inconsistent play from Rodgers going forward, because TT has intentionally turned a blind eye to the O-line needs the past 5 years. TT figured the Green Bay offense wouldn't miss a beat with Rodgers commandeering the vessel, but he was wrong. What really irks me is that TT was well aware of Rodgers' limitations and STILL placed little emphasis on the O-line. Ye shall reap what thee sows.

Well you obviously didn't watch this game. The pack are going all the way, this d will be better than the 85 bears by miles:jester:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's incredible how people feel that any praise on Rodgers is a direct offense on Favre...

Nobody argues what Rodgers brings to the table, but if you don't realize - by now - that he has severe limitations to his game, I may as well talk to my wall. :)

The point we all should be at - at this point and based on what has transpired and what we know to be the case with Rodgers - is pressuring management to provide Rodgers with what he needs to be highly successful, not just inconsistently successful, which is a SOLID offensive line. If we're not all in agreement on this, then where exactly do we see the Packers a year or two from now other than in the same boat covering the same territory???

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Nobody argues what Rodgers brings to the table, but if you don't realize - by now - that he has severe limitations to his game, I may as well talk to my wall. :)

The point we all should be at - at this point and based on what has transpired and what we know to be the case with Rodgers - is pressuring management to provide Rodgers with what he needs to be highly successful, not just inconsistently successful, which is a SOLID offensive line. If we're not all in agreement on this, then where exactly do we see the Packers a year or two from now other than in the same boat covering the same territory???

One of the major problems with assessing Rodgers performance so far, is that people tend to only look at his stats and then judge ...

So far it didn't matter whether or not the Packers actually lost ... because Rodgers (personal) stats were always "great" ... - thus most people interpreted these (personal) stats as if Rodgers was "great" too ... Nevermind that his indecision ultimately cost alot of yards and lost field positions etc etc ...

The Dallas game was a nice change of pace, and hopefully Rodgers too has realized that personal stats, isn't necesarily what benefits the team, as long as the result is a win ...

Several analysists have postulated that Rodgers didn't throw the ball away and didn't take chances because it would "hurt" his stats ... (*mind you all, these are not my words, but I'm merely summarizing what alot of other nfl reporters have thought about ...*)

In time, once Rodgers becomes more comfortable with changing his own play according to the scrimmage set ups, then perhaps we'll finally see a "full transition" and then he might just at long last get out of the "shadow of Favre" ... - We'll all be more the wiser once this regular season is over ...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's incredible how people feel that any praise on Rodgers is a direct offense on Favre...
Agreed. It seems any thread about Rodgers is invariably turned into a thread about Favre.

Frankly, i'm done with it. Favre's gone, not coming back, i'm not going to worry about who's better anymore. I used to care about that, I don't anymore.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. It seems any thread about Rodgers is invariably turned into a thread about Favre.

Frankly, i'm done with it. Favre's gone, not coming back, i'm not going to worry about who's better anymore. I used to care about that, I don't anymore.
Exactly. I only care now about what Rodgers can improve, not about what he does better or worse than another guy.

He's going to be our QB for a long time, like it or not.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the major problems with assessing Rodgers performance so far, is that people tend to only look at his stats and then judge ...

So far it didn't matter whether or not the Packers actually lost ... because Rodgers (personal) stats were always "great" ... - thus most people interpreted these (personal) stats as if Rodgers was "great" too ... Nevermind that his indecision ultimately cost alot of yards and lost field positions etc etc ...

The Dallas game was a nice change of pace, and hopefully Rodgers too has realized that personal stats, isn't necesarily what benefits the team, as long as the result is a win ...

Several analysists have postulated that Rodgers didn't throw the ball away and didn't take chances because it would "hurt" his stats ... (*mind you all, these are not my words, but I'm merely summarizing what alot of other nfl reporters have thought about ...*)

In time, once Rodgers becomes more comfortable with changing his own play according to the scrimmage set ups, then perhaps we'll finally see a "full transition" and then he might just at long last get out of the "shadow of Favre" ... - We'll all be more the wiser once this regular season is over ...

I agree. However, I always come back to Rodgers' scouting report which stated he took too many sacks and had issues with "anticipating" receivers breaking open. This is almost paramount in the NFL, to be able to excel in these two areas, and Rodgers still isn't good or comfortable with either.

Avoiding sacks is almost certainly correctable, which Rodgers proved last Sunday. However, I'm not convinced that it is possible to alter a man's thought processes permanently. Everybody thinks differently, so how can you expect to change "how" anybody thinks then reacts? This is what worries me because there will always be those instances where a defense has diagnosed an offensive play perfectly, which requires the quarterback to thread the needle, or improvise. As we've seen with Aaron thus far in his career is that he can receive 5 or 6 seconds of protection, or longer, and because no receiver breaks open, he panics and his minds seems to "shut down". By this time, if he doesn't have room to break a run, he's a victim of a sack.

This is going to be very interesting to see whether Rodgers can adapt, improvise and overcome.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. However, I always come back to Rodgers' scouting report which stated he took too many sacks and had issues with "anticipating" receivers breaking open. This is almost paramount in the NFL, to be able to excel in these two areas, and Rodgers still isn't good or comfortable with either.

Avoiding sacks is almost certainly correctable, which Rodgers proved last Sunday. However, I'm not convinced that it is possible to alter a man's thought processes permanently. Everybody thinks differently, so how can you expect to change "how" anybody thinks then reacts? This is what worries me because there will always be those instances where a defense has diagnosed an offensive play perfectly, which requires the quarterback to thread the needle, or improvise. As we've seen with Aaron thus far in his career is that he can receive 5 or 6 seconds of protection, or longer, and because no receiver breaks open, he panics and his minds seems to "shut down". By this time, if he doesn't have room to break a run, he's a victim of a sack.

This is going to be very interesting to see whether Rodgers can adapt, improvise and overcome.

Agree. And you'd think that he would have learned something about a timing route after all those years of watching Favre just drill it to a spot before the receiver even makes his break.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a Darn good QB, if you put Favre behind this O-line people would be saying it is time to hang it up. On the reverse, if you put Rodgers behind the Vikings O-Line, he would look like a Hall of Fame QB. People want to diss Rodgers but they are blind to the fact that Favre, Brady or Manning could not do well with the pressure Rodgers has had to face this year. How many pics do you think Favre would have thrown by now with the poor O-Line play the Packers have? The "fans" need to support Rodgers, he has been and continues to be a class act on and off the field.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Rodgers is a Darn good QB, if you put Favre behind this O-line people would be saying it is time to hang it up. On the reverse, if you put Rodgers behind the Vikings O-Line, he would look like a Hall of Fame QB. People want to diss Rodgers but they are blind to the fact that Favre, Brady or Manning could not do well with the pressure Rodgers has had to face this year. How many pics do you think Favre would have thrown by now with the poor O-Line play the Packers have? The "fans" need to support Rodgers, he has been and continues to be a class act on and off the field.

What games have you been watching ? ... - Clearly it cannot be the same games from 2007-2008-2009 that most of us have been watching ...

Brady benefits immensely from having Belichick as a coach ... Just look at Matt Cassels numbers and perfomance when Brady was injured ...

As for the Colts, well ... most "experts" say that the Colts offensive line is even worse than the Packers, but that what the Colts have achieved so far, is mainly (if not only) due to having Manning behind center ...

As for the Packers ... well ... Compare 2007 to 2008 season ... - You have your answer (for most parts) there ...

Rodgers *is* a talented quarterback, however, he is no where near the likes of Manning and Favre ... And probably never will be ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R if you put Rodgers behind the Vikings O-Line, he would look like a Hall of Fame QB.

Rodgers would certainly have better protection, but the Minny receivers are not as good, so there would be a trade off.

I think we all need to keep in mind that 50% of what ails Rodgers is inherent to Rodgers - his inability to anticipate receivers' routes. So, even with a stupendous O-line, he would fall victim to his "shut downs", and take sacks.

What Favre can do that Rodgers cannot do can be likened to musicians: Some of them can simultaneously sing and play piano or guitar and never make a mistake, while some can only do one or the other at once, or are somewhat limited when doing both. Some people's brains allow them to have more going on at one time.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

OK..the A-RODGE ball washers are out in full effect, I see...

Ohio and PackersRS win the prize for biggest TT ballwashers of the week! They may not be “tied” to Teddy at the moment, but I bet they’d love to be. LOL!
Trying to reason with a Tedophile is futile. Their worship of the Rainbow Fox is their religion. Yes, Queen Ted signed Woodson. As the saying goes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Teddy is still a loser (36-37 lifetime) and he always will be. Congratulations on your undying support for a “GM” who would have to improve to be mediocre, losers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ohio and PackersRS win the prize for biggest TT ballwashers of the week! They may not be “tied” to Teddy at the moment, but I bet they’d love to be. LOL!
Trying to reason with a Tedophile is futile. Their worship of the Rainbow Fox is their religion. Yes, Queen Ted signed Woodson. As the saying goes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Teddy is still a loser (36-37 lifetime) and he always will be. Congratulations on your undying support for a “GM” who would have to improve to be mediocre, losers.

How bout we start saying Favrocodin?

I cant stand the Tedophile crap

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can type now, that your period is gone? Good... You haven't posted much in here, replying to some questions... Just thought that it had something to do with the period of the month we're in...
-------
So... What about that TT's ego? Still haven't got squat...

Any prove that TT is a *********, or even gay? Nothing...

Why don't you get out of your basement and say it to his face, instead of ranting in a website? You think this will change anything?

Pathetic... Your little trolling is pathetic...
----------
BTW, why do you feel so attacked everytime Rodgers is praised that you have to call him A-Rodge or AWad? You know that everything that Rodgers do isn't a direct OR indirect contest to what Favre did, or do, right? Neither is a direct attack to you... BTW, you know you're NOT Brett Favre, or are you???

Seahawks1986

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my first post love your forums. I am a Seahawks fan, born from a Chiefs family, a Mike Holmgren fan, a Marty Schottenheimer fan, a Brett Favre fan, a Rich Gannon fan, a Steve Hutchinson Fan, a Jim Zorn fan, and a fan of the 3-4 Falcon D. Now down to business.

1992-Present Favre has 1 losing season with 3 different Teams as their starting QB.

2008-Present Rodgers has 1 losing season and may break Favre's record for losing seasons in record time.

2008 Favre takes a 4 win team to 9-7
2008 Rodgers takes a 13 win team to 6-10

Beyond the sack problem that Rodgers has he is unable to win when down in the 4th Quarter. This is a very serious problem, not because he is just not clutch, more because he is hopeless in that situation. Rodgers failed to comeback 7 out of 7 times in 2008. He has won 1 in the 4th quarter that I personally watched in the 2009 season, and I have watched him fail in 4th quarter as well this season.

What Favre and Greg Lewis accomplished against the 49ers I do not believe Rodgers could ever do. Instead I believe Rodgers would have been sacked instead of stepping up into the pocket making the defender miss only clutching his jersey for a moment as he makes a great throw accompanied by a HOF catch. The vikings would be undefeated if not for a tripping penalty which took a TD back and was followed by 2 turnovers for TD's. I didn't agree with the call, but Football is not often a fair sport.

Personally I think if Rodgers survives he will be one of the great QB's in an era which will be without Manning, Brady, Favre, McNabb, Hasselbeck etc... for those QB's will soon be gone. However, if I had to choose between a QB who is afraid to make a mistake but is insanely talented but cannot win games, or a QB who takes too many risks and makes big plays both good and bad ones, but will always put you in a position to compete for the Big game and even win one no matter how good or bad the team is overall I take the latter.

Do you really think Favre has played for the greatest Players and Coaches every year?
Personally I believe it has more to do with leadership than anything else. When players are drafted to the Packers they cannot wait to play next to one of the greatest players of all time, meeting him is a dream come true for them. How many people who get drafted knowing Rodgers is the QB think that? Do players families ask how is it playing next to Rodgers? I think that mentality has always favored GB.

The day came when it was time to move on, sadly it all went to hell. The Packers were in the Dark Ages when Lombardi left, Favre came and they basked in the light for nearly 2 decades. Favre is gone and it seems signs point to a return of those Dark Ages.

Favre > Rodgers

When Rodgers proves to be more than a potential great QB the comparisons can become valid. Favre is one of the greatest NFL players of all time. Every game I have watched has been special when he plays, even when he was throwing snowballs in the playoffs as he beat the snot out of my Seahawks. When his time is officially done it will be a great loss to the NFL.

There is my take on the situation of Favre v.s. Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts