• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Rodgers on McAfees show The other day saying he can win an MVP in the right situation here or elsewhere reiterates what I’ve been saying all along as well as most of you. **** him. He’s a me first guy and team 2nd. As long as he’s here, we are not winning anything. Between the cap problem he created and the last 3 years of watching a soap opera Im done with him. It’s time for him to retire or be traded. Enough already. I don’t care who you put on that field. It can be Jesus Christ himself and he’ll blame them before himself.
Gronk joined you in calling out Rodgers. It's so typical of Rodgers - he cares about himself first and everyone and everything else is second. He is the very definition of a narcissist. For me, he can't leave GB fast enough. Even Favre wasn't this much of an *******, and Favre cared about championships.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never got ****** to anyone? Yes the guy who openly admits he’s wrong and even will openly admit and leave mistakes in admitting it.

I even acknowledged it all made sense once it was confirmed he meant second rounder - heaven forbid I took #2 to mean that.

I am genuinely sorry if I made you made or @Pkrjones last thing I meant to do.
It's all good Ty.

Turning to other things, I'm looking forward to your draft analysis. Quick "what if" - if the Packers keep The 15th pick, will they take Mayer from ND (assuming he's there)? I'd like to see that. Time for some top picks on O. The D is fine EXCEPT for the DC.......

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all good Ty.

Turning to other things, I'm looking forward to your draft analysis. Quick "what if" - if the Packers keep The 15th pick, will they take Mayer from ND (assuming he's there)? I'd like to see that. Time for some top picks on O. The D is fine EXCEPT for the DC.......

I’m struggling with that conundrum personally. Is Mayer a top prospect in this draft yes. Is TE position wise a spot to truly invest that high of draft equity…that is where I struggle.

My heart of hearts thinks Gute would go WR before he considers a TE there. I think Gute is more likely to go Edge, OT or DB given the positional value and need arguably (DB especially if safety or he thinks we may move Rasul back)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m struggling with that conundrum personally. Is Mayer a top prospect in this draft yes. Is TE position wise a spot to truly invest that high of draft equity…that is where I struggle.

My heart of hearts thinks Gute would go WR before he considers a TE there. I think Gute is more likely to go Edge, OT or DB given the positional value and need arguably (DB especially if safety or he thinks we may move Rasul back)
Yeah it seems like S will be a real problem. Amos is unlikely to be back, Savage is at best a question mark. If they could grab a guy like Branch and move Douglas back, that might work. Douglas is more of a center-fielder anyway.

And GB has done well with 2nd round WRs. Maybe pick up a TE in FA....... Dunno.....

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really think drafting Mayer would relieve some WR concern. If he’s there I just think it’s a no brainer.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk joined you in calling out Rodgers. It's so typical of Rodgers - he cares about himself first and everyone and everything else is second. He is the very definition of a narcissist. For me, he can't leave GB fast enough. Even Favre wasn't this much of an *******, and Favre cared about championships.
Yep. For a guy that hated Favre for what he did to him he turned into a huge hypocrite.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think drafting Mayer would relieve some WR concern. If he’s there I just think it’s a no brainer.
I've banged the Mayer drum for a long time and I agree to the point of his potential impact I think is significant - it just is tough justifying taking a TE that high. Dude is different for sure though!

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree. That much $ is a Mark Murphy decision. Murphy wants another Super Bowl before he retires and thought his best shot was with 12.

Gute after all drafted Rodgers' replacement Love and never got to use him when he was overruled by Murphy because Murphy couldn't stomach another Favre-like departure of an iconic QB on his watch.

You're solely speculating that it was Murphy's decision to sign Rodgers to an extension. Until there's any evidence for it I'm convinced it was the general manager who made the final decision on it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've banged the Mayer drum for a long time and I agree to the point of his potential impact I think is significant - it just is tough justifying taking a TE that high. Dude is different for sure though!
It will be a tough call for Gluten if Mayer is there at #15. It is high for a TE but the guy looks like a day 1 starter. and it's been soooooo long since GB had a real receiving TE. Yeah Tonyan had one great year and that was it. He'll most certainly leave in FA.

On the subject of TE, I hope Lewis comes back for another year. He's a great blocker, and makes his share of big catches. The D never covers him as a receiver.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Disagree. That much $ is a Mark Murphy decision. Murphy wants another Super Bowl before he retires and thought his best shot was with 12.

Gute after all drafted Rodgers' replacement Love and never got to use him when he was overruled by Murphy because Murphy couldn't stomach another Favre-like departure of an iconic QB on his watch.
Russ ball has a huge part in it

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this was his last game as a Packer, it seems appropriate that his final past was an interception, just like Favre. Their careers have paralleled each other in strange ways.
Eerie. And not in a good way. Do you see him landing with the Jets and then sneaking back to Minnesota?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a tough call for Gluten if Mayer is there at #15. It is high for a TE but the guy looks like a day 1 starter. and it's been soooooo long since GB had a real receiving TE. Yeah Tonyan had one great year and that was it. He'll most certainly leave in FA.

On the subject of TE, I hope Lewis comes back for another year. He's a great blocker, and makes his share of big catches. The D never covers him as a receiver.
Big Dog is a helluva blocker like Bubba Frank's was. Very important to the running game. We need a TE to compliment him that can stretch the field. Tonyan is just average. We have used Big Dog inside the 10 yard line but not enough. Favre used Bubba often when one of the backs could not punch it in.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is also what was said about Kyle Pitts. Just shows what a crap shoot the draft truly is no matter where you are picking.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is also what was said about Kyle Pitts. Just shows what a crap shoot the draft truly is no matter where you are picking.
Yeah good point. And Pitts was like a #4 pick, right? Same with Ira Smith in Minnesota. I think they took him in the first round.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just soooo sick of throwing good picks after bad at the defensive side of the draft and letting bums like Joe Barry coach them to nothing better than a mid-20's ranking. Start throwing more at the offense. Outscore 'em!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just soooo sick of throwing good picks after bad at the defensive side of the draft and letting bums like Joe Barry coach them to nothing better than a mid-20's ranking. Start throwing more at the offense. Outscore 'em!
Yeah I agree. I think there are 7 first round picks on the D, along with a few expensive FAs. There is solid player talent on that side of the ball. What is missing is a good, young DC and not like Joe Barry, from the Stone Age.

Spend some premium draft capital on the O for a change. IMO the Packers assumed Rodgers would just take care of the offense all by himself. Wrong.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spend some premium draft capital on the O for a change. IMO the Packers assumed Rodgers would just take care of the offense all by himself. Wrong.
Not sure what you consider "premium draft capital", but I would define it as a day 1 or 2 pick (1st 3 rounds). "Premium" Offensive picks by Gute:
Watson, Ryan, Myers, Amari Rodgers, Love, Dillon, Deguara, Jenkins & Sternberger.

That's 9/17 on the offensive side. Just as the D, not all pan out, unfortunately. If "premium" = 1st round pick then it's only 1/5.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you consider "premium draft capital", but I would define it as a day 1 or 2 pick (1st 3 rounds). "Premium" Offensive picks by Gute:
Watson, Ryan, Myers, Amari Rodgers, Love, Dillon, Deguara, Jenkins & Sternberger.

That's 9/17 on the offensive side. Just as the D, not all pan out, unfortunately. If "premium" = 1st round pick then it's only 1/5.
I should have been more specific. Just my opinion but it seems like it's time to use a first round pick on offense. There certainly are needs at OL, TE, and WR.

I know teams say they'll always take the BPA, and that probably happens, but not all the time. Certainly there is a need at Safety as well, and if the top rated safety was available at #15, well maybe that's the move to make. Just seems like the O needs more help. And again, just my opinion.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
According to a new report by Pete Dougherty of The Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Packers own serious leverage on the quarterback’s future plans. Dougherty points out in the piece that if the Packers want Jordan Love to play next season, they could make life tough on Rodgers if he forced his way back on Green Bay’s roster by refusing any potential trade. That is because the team can thrust him into a rebuilding situation that Rodgers doesn’t want to be a part of at 39 years of age.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to a new report by Pete Dougherty of The Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Packers own serious leverage on the quarterback’s future plans. Dougherty points out in the piece that if the Packers want Jordan Love to play next season, they could make life tough on Rodgers if he forced his way back on Green Bay’s roster by refusing any potential trade. That is because the team can thrust him into a rebuilding situation that Rodgers doesn’t want to be a part of at 39 years of age.
Thanks ltf, that's a good article. As a fan, I only care about what gives a reasonably good team a chance to make a run in the playoffs. That means improvement from the rookie class (O and D), picking up an impact player or two in FA, and finding an impact player with at least the first round pick - and this is more or less what Dougherty wrote.

In that scenario, it makes sense for Rodgers to come back for another year. As for the players he would like to stay, well he doesn't have a lot of leverage there, and certainly a new kicker is needed. Tonyan is simply not productive, Cobb - maybe. The only guy that I think will be productive is Bakhtiari (ok, maybe).

We'll see. If Gluten gets aggressive about trading Rodgers, that tells me they think Love is ready. I don't think Love is ready, so I expect we'll see Rodgers again.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Rodgers on McAfees show The other day saying he can win an MVP in the right situation here or elsewhere reiterates what I’ve been saying all along as well as most of you. **** him. He’s a me first guy and team 2nd. As long as he’s here, we are not winning anything. Between the cap problem he created and the last 3 years of watching a soap opera Im done with him. It’s time for him to retire or be traded. Enough already. I don’t care who you put on that field. It can be Jesus Christ himself and he’ll blame them before himself.
Not a good look for Rodgers.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Quite the leverage! Hey Rodgers, if you don't do exactly what we want (keeping in mind we signed you to an extension so I'm not sure what else the packers had in mind other than Rodgers playing this year) then we'll screw up the entire team just to spite you! Would be quite the look for the Packers, treating one of the best players in team history like they're all in middle school.

If the Packers didn't want exactly what's happening to happen, then Gute shouldn't have signed him to an extension. End of story.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lewis isn't capable of contributing as a pass catcher on a consistent basis anymore. He ends up wide open occasionally as defenses hardly ever consider him as a threat anymore.

Quite the leverage! Hey Rodgers, if you don't do exactly what we want (keeping in mind we signed you to an extension so I'm not sure what else the packers had in mind other than Rodgers playing this year) then we'll screw up the entire team just to spite you! Would be quite the look for the Packers, treating one of the best players in team history like they're all in middle school.

Exactly, on top of it they would pay him $60 million to make that happen :eek:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers signed him to this contract last year and are now going to play that kind of ball, I guess I'd prefer new management because that would be just dumb. And i don't think they are. I think they'll sit and chat and if GB wants to go younger and Rodgers does want to keep playing they'll find a place to send him or Rodgers will decide to just retire because though he wants to play, it might not be enough to want to start over somewhere.

On the topic of Lewis. I can't believe he's still playing personally. When I say he's done, it's because I think one of these years he has to decide to be done LOL. But as far as our Oline goes, if they sign him back on a cheaper contract to be that 6th olineman we seem to need, i'm not opposed to it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the Packers didn't want exactly what's happening to happen, then Gute shouldn't have signed him to an extension. End of story.
Who is arguing with this?

Members online

Latest posts