• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers doesnt retire the cap hit is the cap hit. Sunk cost. Not a decision factor. The question is do you want this guy leading your team going forward. I was done with him after the Tampa Bay debacle which he played a HUGE role in, then took ZERO responsability and then pulled his sophmoric off season BS. THATS when the Packers should have cut their losses. Everything else has been “stupid being painful” and we probably have another year of his pouty BS @$60M to look forward to. Meh - I’m only 66
I'm 68 Cheese and here is the problem - who among us can relate to this guy? He's not emotionally or mentally prepared to decide if he wants to come back and play below-average football for $60 mil/year.... And then retire to Southern California in his early 40s. Yeah, that's a problem we can all relate to.......

At this point it isn't even about money or the cap. Rodgers' contract put the team in a bad position either way. And that's not Gluten's fault. But it turned out GB is paying for past performance. It happens. Move on and spare us from this constant whining by a rich man-child.

(And then there's that part of me that actually feels sorry for the guy. OK not much, but he seems very lonely and isolated. It seems like it's his fault, but what good is being filthy rich if you don't enjoy life, can't hold a relationship, and can't speak with your family? Maybe I'm wrong about all of this. He just doesn't seem like he really knows what he wants.)

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OR Gute trades AR giving him one last chance at a title somewhere else?

GB gets their '23 #2 pick & conditional '24 #2 (if AR doesn't retire prior to the '24 draft) & they get to pay him $100mil over next 2 years.

The Packers have Love, their next 12-15 year starter and can start cleaning up the cap.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB gets their '23 #2 pick & conditional '24 #2 (if AR doesn't retire prior to the '24 draft) & they get to pay him $100mil over next 2 years.

The Packers have Love, their next 12-15 year starter and can start cleaning up the cap.
I would be happy with this deal. Happier with a #1 pick but that train has left the station.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL Houston is NOT a spot Rodgers gets on board with going to. In the words of Cris Carter "C'MON MAAAAAN"

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Houston is NOT a spot Rodgers gets on board with going to. In the words of Cris Carter "C'MON MAAAAAN"
Pkr didn't mention Houston or any other landing spots for Rodgers. I do agree it would not be Houston - maybe LV, Indy, NYJ. But again, Pkr did not speculate.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pkr didn't mention Houston or any other landing spots for Rodgers. I do agree it would not be Houston - maybe LV, Indy, NYJ. But again, Pkr did not speculate.

I took #2 pick as meaning the #2 pick?
Maybe he meant 2nd round pick?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I threw out EVERY franchise without a better QB in post #266, but qualified it that many were dumpster fires. Some on here like to find a phrase or word & take it out of context to parse & dissect.
Only a few of the dozen or so teams would be likely landing spots due to cap space, team readiness for a run, or management.

Yes, #2 meant 2nd round picks as I can't possibly know who has the 2nd pick in '24, not specifically Houston.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I threw out EVERY franchise without a better QB in post #266, but qualified it that many were dumpster fires. Some on here like to find a phrase or word & take it out of context to parse & dissect.
Only a few of the dozen or so teams would be likely landing spots due to cap space, team readiness for a run, or management.
Yes, #2 meant 2nd round picks, not specifically Houston.

EASY you said #2 pick. I didn't run or dissect or take anything out of context.

Makes sense now with that actually meaning 2nd rounder.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EASY you said #2 pick. I didn't run or dissect or take anything out of context.

Makes sense now with that actually meaning 2nd rounder.

Rodgers probably could be traded for a second round pick in 2023 and 2024. I'd like it if they could get a first round pick in there somewhere. Indy would be nice. We'll see. My guess is that he comes back or agrees to a trade and subsequent pay cut. As always, we'll see.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fun fact: Eli was a far better playoff QB than Rodgers.
Fact? His team scored more than 24 pts in just 1/12 playoff games...defense carried him like Peyton when he got his 2nd ring. Rodgers averages 27.3 pts which statistically should result in a win percentage of about 75% with an average defense. Unfortunately his defense allows an average of 26 pts (Brady's 20.7). In that case, you have slightly better than a coin toss chance to win. Hard to win 3-4 consecutive coin tosses.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Heyjoe4 confused by the quote?

Big difference between hoping or thinking a second rounder is still maybe possible vs getting the #2 overall pick and sending Rodgers to a place he'd never want to go.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Heyjoe4 confused by the quote?

Big difference between hoping or thinking a second rounder is still maybe possible vs getting the #2 overall pick and sending Rodgers to a place he'd never want to go.
Jesus Ty, C'MON MAN! If you are one of those guys who always has to be right, then yes Ty, Pkr said the #2 pick, not the second round pick. And yes, I understand that the #2 pick belongs to Houston, a type of place Rodgers has said he would never go. Feel better? Did Pkr's reply make you feel better too. ****in eh. Your username should be Captain Ty.......

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and captain think they know everything and are always right..about EVERYTHING!! I am pretty sure neither of them work for the Packers or nfl. So like the rest of us..their opinions are NOT fact!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with this deal. Happier with a #1 pick but that train has left the station.

I could see a 1st rounder in 2024 if they manipulate his cap hit by doing a post June 1st trade.

Team isn't going to get anything out of him until after that date anyways. What's he going to do? Show up to their OTAs in April?

In that case, probably looking at the #30 overall in 2024 when he goes on his 'chip on the shoulder' AFC season and bows out in the AFCCG.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Ty, C'MON MAN! If you are one of those guys who always has to be right, then yes Ty, Pkr said the #2 pick, not the second round pick. And yes, I understand that the #2 pick belongs to Houston, a type of place Rodgers has said he would never go. Feel better? Did Pkr's reply make you feel better too. ****in eh. Your username should be Captain Ty.......

I never got ****** to anyone? Yes the guy who openly admits he’s wrong and even will openly admit and leave mistakes in admitting it.

I even acknowledged it all made sense once it was confirmed he meant second rounder - heaven forbid I took #2 to mean that.

I am genuinely sorry if I made you made or @Pkrjones last thing I meant to do.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and captain think they know everything and are always right..about EVERYTHING!! I am pretty sure neither of them work for the Packers or nfl. So like the rest of us..their opinions are NOT fact!

Of course not. I’ll be the last person to claim to be right or anything is fact.

I was wrong about Krys Barnes and thinking it may be smart to extend while cheap when he had that excellent season.

I was wrong on Lazard grabbing hold of this season and proving he is a clear WR2 in this league.

I was wrong about us trading Rodgers last year when I said we would trade him and Davante.

I was wrong on thinking Tonyan would minimum put up around 600 yards this season.

Just a few things quick recently I was very wrong on.

I’ll share my opinions sure but if someone ever feels I’m being a **** please let me know. Even in disagreeing respect should exist - reading back I get it I should have asked first if he meant #2 overall or 2nd round I do apologize @Pkrjones

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion there are way too many unknows about Jordan Love to justify a team giving up a top 75 selection to acquire him.

I don't think the Packers letting any of these guys walk away in free agency would automatically mean they're in a rebuild next season.

As I have asked several posters including you around here, please make a realistic suggestion on how to restructure Rodgers contract.

Playoff career passer rating:
Rodgers 100.1
Eli 87.4

Enough said.
Im not an agent..although I play one on TV..lol

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point it isn't even about money or the cap. Rodgers' contract put the team in a bad position either way. And that's not Gluten's fault. But it turned out GB is paying for past performance. It happens. Move on and spare us from this constant whining by a rich man-child.

Gutekunst is definitely the one responsible for signing Rodgers to an extension.

Im not an agent..although I play one on TV..lol

My point is that it's completely unrealistic to suggest the Packers should restructure Rodgers contract as there's no way aside of him forgoing fully guaranteed money to make it work. Yet a lot of fans continue to suggest it's a valid option.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Gutekunst is definitely the one responsible for signing Rodgers to an extension.

Disagree. That much $ is a Mark Murphy decision. Murphy wants another Super Bowl before he retires and thought his best shot was with 12.

Gute after all drafted Rodgers' replacement Love and never got to use him when he was overruled by Murphy because Murphy couldn't stomach another Favre-like departure of an iconic QB on his watch.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. That much $ is a Mark Murphy decision. Murphy wants another Super Bowl before he retires and thought his best shot was with 12.

Gute after all drafted Rodgers' replacement Love and never got to use him when he was overruled by Murphy because Murphy couldn't stomach another Favre-like departure of an iconic QB on his watch.
Good take on the situation, I never thought it went higher than Gute but you may be right.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it gets any more complicated than Rodgers had a couple years of injury, and down year by his standards in the offense and they saw a young kid to pick they liked so they did. Then Rodgers shot back to MVP production and they decided to change plans. I'm sure MM had his input, But I think Gutey calls the shots personnel wise.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahahaha!!!!

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Rodgers on McAfees show The other day saying he can win an MVP in the right situation here or elsewhere reiterates what I’ve been saying all along as well as most of you. **** him. He’s a me first guy and team 2nd. As long as he’s here, we are not winning anything. Between the cap problem he created and the last 3 years of watching a soap opera Im done with him. It’s time for him to retire or be traded. Enough already. I don’t care who you put on that field. It can be Jesus Christ himself and he’ll blame them before himself.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
I don't think it gets any more complicated than Rodgers had a couple years of injury, and down year by his standards in the offense and they saw a young kid to pick they liked so they did. Then Rodgers shot back to MVP production and they decided to change plans. I'm sure MM had his input, But I think Gutey calls the shots personnel wise.
Gute has little power. Remember the presser of the Lafleur hire. It was all Murphy. Sure, Gute runs the draft, picks up FA's, but, the big decisions are all Murphy.