• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite the leverage! Hey Rodgers, if you don't do exactly what we want (keeping in mind we signed you to an extension so I'm not sure what else the packers had in mind other than Rodgers playing this year) then we'll screw up the entire team just to spite you! Would be quite the look for the Packers, treating one of the best players in team history like they're all in middle school.

If the Packers didn't want exactly what's happening to happen, then Gute shouldn't have signed him to an extension. End of story.
You nailed it. They signed him last year most certainly expecting he'd be back.

As for his play this year, it wasn't very good but he had little to work with. Lazard never capitalized on his chance to be more than a solid #3 WR, and the rest were mostly rookies or guys past their prime (Cobb/Watkins). So it's not all on him. Losing a guy like Adams will hurt any QB.

I think he'll be back, if he plays at all and why wouldn't he with $58 mil staring at him. Gluten needs to add an impact player or two on offense, either through the draft or FA or both. And please, get a new DC.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers signed him to this contract last year and are now going to play that kind of ball, I guess I'd prefer new management because that would be just dumb. And i don't think they are. I think they'll sit and chat and if GB wants to go younger and Rodgers does want to keep playing they'll find a place to send him or Rodgers will decide to just retire because though he wants to play, it might not be enough to want to start over somewhere.

On the topic of Lewis. I can't believe he's still playing personally. When I say he's done, it's because I think one of these years he has to decide to be done LOL. But as far as our Oline goes, if they sign him back on a cheaper contract to be that 6th olineman we seem to need, i'm not opposed to it.
Lewis is a strange case. He does mostly help the O line, and each year seems to catch about 5-10 big passes because no one will bother to cover him. IMO he's a lot more valuable than Tonyan. Keep him and draft Mayer from ND in round 1.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers signed him to this contract last year and are now going to play that kind of ball, I guess I'd prefer new management because that would be just dumb. And i don't think they are. I think they'll sit and chat and if GB wants to go younger and Rodgers does want to keep playing they'll find a place to send him or Rodgers will decide to just retire because though he wants to play, it might not be enough to want to start over somewhere.

On the topic of Lewis. I can't believe he's still playing personally. When I say he's done, it's because I think one of these years he has to decide to be done LOL. But as far as our Oline goes, if they sign him back on a cheaper contract to be that 6th olineman we seem to need, i'm not opposed to it.
Don't disagree with much of this, except the concept of a "6th O-lineman". What other team(s) need to keep a dedicated 6th blocker on the field for 50+% of the offensive snaps to adequately run their plays? Can our offense really stress opponent's defenses by regularly having one less receiving option in the routes?

One part of McCarthy's offense that I really liked was his "jumbo package" where it was a running down (or goal line) and an extra OT was brought in to block. I'd much rather occasionally have a 310+ lb'er on the edge to block than a 39 yr old 270 lb TE.

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A thing we need to get more involved in our playbook is QB sneaks. This isn't just a thing they avoided last year, this has been going on since at least 2019 as far as I can remember. A huge isssue is I've noticed Rodgers struggles taking snaps right under center even prior to his broken thumb (I can think of 2019 NFC Championship game right off the top of my head). Bringing Rodgers back would mean the short yardage offense would likely again not reach their potential, which is infuriating.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A thing we need to get more involved in our playbook is QB sneaks. This isn't just a thing they avoided last year, this has been going on since at least 2019 as far as I can remember. A huge isssue is I've noticed Rodgers struggles taking snaps right under center even prior to his broken thumb (I can think of 2019 NFC Championship game right off the top of my head). Bringing Rodgers back would mean the short yardage offense would likely again not reach their potential, which is infuriating.
Now that you mention it, I don’t recall any QB sneaks this season, even inside the one yard line. Those look like easy plays, but need perfect execution. I doubt they even practice it much.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I don’t recall any QB sneaks this season, even inside the one yard line. Those look like easy plays, but need perfect execution. I doubt they even practice it much.
They just did one in the last game agains the Lions, but yes, they don't do them nearly enough compared to other teams. I think they try and get too cute sometimes. But then we've lined up and tried to smash it before too without a ton of success so what does that leave us with?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just did one in the last game agains the Lions, but yes, they don't do them nearly enough compared to other teams. I think they try and get too cute sometimes. But then we've lined up and tried to smash it before too without a ton of success so what does that leave us with?
Perhaps they don't want to put AR in the pile?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I knew they did the sneak, just not very often.

What is baffling is their lack of success on first and goal situations inside the five. They run Dillon straight up the middle, he gets stopped twice, followed by an incomplete pass and a FG. Is that an OL problem, poor execution, poor play calling? Probably all of the above.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I knew they did the sneak, just not very often.

What is baffling is their lack of success on first and goal situations inside the five. They run Dillon straight up the middle, he gets stopped twice, followed by an incomplete pass and a FG. Is that an OL problem, poor execution, poor play calling? Probably all of the above.

Oline. A poor center/guard combo blocking for a huge running back that's not very shifty. Being huge at RB is great against smaller linebackers but doesn't help much against dlinemen that outweigh him by 60+ pounds.

Reaction score
Oline. A poor center/guard combo blocking for a huge running back that's not very shifty. Being huge at RB is great against smaller linebackers but doesn't help much against dlinemen that outweigh him by 60+ pounds.
I just don’t think we’re very good Run blocking in general. Possibly slightly better on Pass blocking. My belief is #33 does an exceptional job finding ways to Win when the ball is in his hand.
I think we can roll fine with a similar format going forward, but I’d like to see Marcedes roll out more when possible. Also we need a more dynamic TE in the Receiving area, I’m not super enthused about Tonyan being a game changing TE and if for any reason he goes down we’re in dire straights behind TE1

I also believe we need another known quantity, veteran OL on that right side and pull the weakest link. RT is super important and I see Nijman as a good temporary fix for injury, so far nothing more. Go out and get a more dominant RT in the draft OR bring in a good veteran option.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah good point. The O linemen have to win their battles against the iDL. They only need to move them a foot or so backwards, but it has to be backwards. If the DL holds the line, or worse penetrates by a foot, even a guy like Dillon ain't going anywhere.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don’t think we’re very good Run blocking in general. Possibly slightly better on Pass blocking. My belief is #33 does an exceptional job finding ways to Win when the ball is in his hand.
I think we can roll fine with a similar format going forward, but I’d like to see Marcedes roll out more when possible. Also we need a more dynamic TE in the Receiving area, I’m not super enthused about Tonyan being a game changing TE and if for any reason he goes down we’re in dire straights behind TE1

I also believe we need another known quantity, veteran OL on that right side and pull the weakest link. RT is super important and I see Nijman as a good temporary fix for injury, so far nothing more. Go out and get a more dominant RT in the draft OR bring in a good veteran option.
Spot on.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff career passer rating:
Rodgers 100.1
Eli 87.4

Enough said.
And now for the one stat that actually means anything:

Rodgers: .545
Manning: .667

Rodgers vs Manning AT LAMBEAU: 0-2

You see, I'm a wins guy. Stats don't mean dic.k

EDIT: Almost forgot: Rodgers 1 Lombari, Manning 2 Lombardis.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't disagree with much of this, except the concept of a "6th O-lineman". What other team(s) need to keep a dedicated 6th blocker on the field for 50+% of the offensive snaps to adequately run their plays? Can our offense really stress opponent's defenses by regularly having one less receiving option in the routes?

One part of McCarthy's offense that I really liked was his "jumbo package" where it was a running down (or goal line) and an extra OT was brought in to block. I'd much rather occasionally have a 310+ lb'er on the edge to block than a 39 yr old 270 lb TE.
I liked the formation Mike Sherman installed when he had Ahman Green and William Henderson. It was called U 86 I believe. He brought in Kevin Barry as another lineman. Often Bubba Frank's would lineup as well to decoy either as a blocker or receiver.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't want a 6th olineman, it's just we've needed one to get the production we've had pretty much 3 years running. not this year obviously, but last, everyone thought we were doing so well with a young and shuffling Oline and I'm stitting here thinking, no we don't. They're helped out all the time and it does limit our offense in some big ways. I don't like it, but unless we get a major upgrade to our right side, we're likely going to need it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want a 6th olineman, it's just we've needed one to get the production we've had pretty much 3 years running. not this year obviously, but last, everyone thought we were doing so well with a young and shuffling Oline and I'm stitting here thinking, no we don't. They're helped out all the time and it does limit our offense in some big ways. I don't like it, but unless we get a major upgrade to our right side, we're likely going to need it.
Belichick used it against us to success in WK 4. Playing with a 3rd string QB fo4ced the issue.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's time. I've grown tired of his routine. Recent comments, such as a flap over MVP over super bowl and his announcement he'll be doing that drug again this of season were bad enough for me, but what tore it for me was his comments a couple of days before the Lions game. You got a playoff spot on the line and this guy is talking about his beautiful mystery s*** again. Oh it's been wonderful memories here oh it could be my last game but then again maybe not blah blah blah blah. You're not going anywhere with this guy so let's move on and start the next chapter already.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB wouldn't have made the playoffs a single year with Eli at the helm. It's almost like teams win games

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB wouldn't have made the playoffs a single year with Eli at the helm. It's almost like teams win games
Good point. Eli was a very good game manager. He didn't beat himself or his team. And it IS a team game. And Eli had great players around him and that's why he has two rings.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sweet, i never saw them playing tennis! Where can i see this actual one-on-one athletic competition where record actually means something?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But do you think Eli was a better QB than Rodgers? Outside of Eli's 2 rings his play throughout his career was pretty pedestrian IMO. He was exceptional during those 2 playoff runs but mediocre the rest of the time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But do you think Eli was a better QB than Rodgers? Outside of Eli's 2 rings his play throughout his career was pretty pedestrian IMO. He was exceptional during those 2 playoff runs but mediocre the rest of the time.
Wait a moment. Eli did win in 2007 vs. Favre and 2011 vs. Rodgers. Both were playoff games at Lambeau. However, Rodgers won the Week 16 game of 2010 vs. Eli at Lambeau. He also beat Eli in a regular season game in 2016 and in a post season game at the end of that same year. Both at Lambeau.

Members online

Latest posts