IMO we're gonna smoke Miami!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this all week... Even with all the injuries(of course depending on if rodgers plays, maybe not) I think MM has no choice but to open up our offense and pull out all the stops. Im picturing a ton of TDs from trick plays and play action. If you think about it... His job could hinge on it. People came into this season thinking we had one of the most high powered offenses and could compete with New Orleans, Indy, and San Diego's offenses. If he flops again, people will start seriously questioning him and he's not gonna have that happen. I have a feeling Mike is gonna go out there and try and prove he is an offensive genius. I expect a game to be called like the arizona playoff game. Also Capers has been doing a heck of a job calling defense with the players we have missing. Teams have not blown us out. He just has to call an average game to win. Might be just optimism, but i really see this happening.:viksux::chisux::dwarf::beg:

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll win convincingly against the Fins.

I think McCarthy uses the ground game a bit more this week. What I'm hoping to see if Nance taking 5-6 carries in the first half and after busting a few 8-12 yard runs out, getting a handful more in the second half.

Reality tells me that McCarthy does a 85% pass 15% run game and Rodgers torches the Fins defense and McCarthy continues with the same game plan.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like your optimism and think we will win think a-rod will play the way things look,but still felt we could win think backups are showing why they are behind the starters,so go pack go.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't think so at all. Miami has a good team, they will certainly be able to compete with us. It's just not in MM's character to play like that, I simply don't see it happening. I wish he would, it would be refreshing, but I just don't see it in the books. McCarthy will live and die by his game plan.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just wishing a win right now. Don't care if we play well at all, not with the state of this team.
Just want a win, and for us to build through the season, so we can make a push at postseason.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, either MM needs to start calling plays for a full 4 quarters or Rodgers needs to audible out of MM's crappy second half strategy that only works when we have an insurmountable lead at half time

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont get me wrong i dont believe miami is a pushover by any means and MM usually just sticks to his game plan, but something has to change. I dont want just a win, we need a towering victory to show that we have some actual coaching skill. The coaches are getting a lot of flack and will start getting called out. Thats the last thing the team needs. We need to start working like a machine. A sum of the parts, not individuals.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I want to add that if we do win, it will be so awesome! I really don't like the Dolphins and it would not only feel good in that respect, but it would be so huge to beat a decent team.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Miami's really good. Even if we win (which I don't see happening) we aren't going to smoke them.

They aren't Buffalo. They're a really good football team that will present a litany of different issues for us.

Gimme Miami by 4, winning on a late TD.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if Mrs. Cleo says so, it must be true!

Seriously, I would love nothing more than for a win in Miami to soothe our wounds but I am not about to underestimate anybody at this point. If anything so far this season has taught us to take nothing for granted and presume nothing. We should be able to beat Miami but the way this season is going, ask me after the game as it depends what my drink of choice will be.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dolphins are top 5 in passer defense. And on the other side of the ball they have a stud at WR and a pretty good special teams. Anyone writing this game off would be making a mistake. Sure we could win by a decent margin but I dont think its as likely as some make it out to be.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I really really hope I'm wrong, but with the deconstruction of this team due to injuries upon injuries I just don't feel a win against Miami. But, any given Sunday right.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this all week... Even with all the injuries(of course depending on if rodgers plays, maybe not) I think MM has no choice but to open up our offense and pull out all the stops. Im picturing a ton of TDs from trick plays and play action. If you think about it... His job could hinge on it. People came into this season thinking we had one of the most high powered offenses and could compete with New Orleans, Indy, and San Diego's offenses. If he flops again, people will start seriously questioning him and he's not gonna have that happen. I have a feeling Mike is gonna go out there and try and prove he is an offensive genius. I expect a game to be called like the arizona playoff game. Also Capers has been doing a heck of a job calling defense with the players we have missing. Teams have not blown us out. He just has to call an average game to win. Might be just optimism, but i really see this happening.:viksux::chisux::dwarf::beg:

The Packers could benefit from two things:

1) Opening up the offense
2) Chad Henne being a statue

This is almost a must win game. Chicago should kill Seattle at home. Can't have GB at 3-3 and Chicago at 5-1.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts