Im over the loss now

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive had a few hours to look back and reflect and its been fun. We have a GREAT player in Rodgers and there is no doubt in my mind that we will be better next year. Get some protection for Rodgers, tighten up the secondary and we will be the team in the NFC to beat!

season only 9 months away!

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive had a few hours to look back and reflect and its been fun. We have a GREAT player in Rodgers and there is no doubt in my mind that we will be better next year. Get some protection for Rodgers, tighten up the secondary and we will be the team in the NFC to beat!

Seasons starts in November?

Pre Season starts in August LOL

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i'm pretty much over it now. I did predict a loss for the packers in the wild card game last month. I didn't ever think we were a team that could go very far but had some untapped potential.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
=/ im still sad.. i am sitting here rewatching highlights..
wondering why rodgers made that first bad pass.. he had a wide open guy in jennings right next to the reciever who was double covered...

there was a wide open jennings on the first play of overtime.. overthrown pass? come on rodgers....

facemask not called on the fumble that ended the game? come on...

I don't want to wait 7 months for a new season.. I want to see them in FEBRUARY!!!

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way we lost was the worst, I was in total shock when that happened. It just seemed like how the game ended pretty much sumed up the whole year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way we lost was the worst, I was in total shock when that happened. It just seemed like how the game ended pretty much sumed up the whole year.

The irony in all this is that the stuff that we had been trying to correct over the course of the season came back to bite us in the ***. We gave up a large number of sacks, played terrible defense, and our offense couldn't get into a rhythm from the beginning. Think about it, Mccarthy told everyone from the beginning of the season that these were the things that kept us from FINISHING. Well they certainly threw all their notes out once the playoffs started and couldn't get done with their homework.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as i hate to admit it, our secondary can't handle a good qb..

we've had like 3 this year.. and they killed us..

favre, big ben.., warner.

the only good game we had was against romo.. but he isnt even that good..

so overall.. our secondary needs help.. hope it's improved next year...

look at warners stats!! he MURDERED us. we couldn't touch him.. =/

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony in all this is that the stuff that we had been trying to correct over the course of the season came back to bite us in the ***. We gave up a large number of sacks, played terrible defense, and our offense couldn't get into a rhythm from the beginning. Think about it, Mccarthy told everyone from the beginning of the season that these were the things that kept us from FINISHING. Well they certainly threw all their notes out once the playoffs started and couldn't get done with their homework.

all year we talked about how bad the offensive line was and how A-Rod holds on to the ball to long and the irony was that both things happened on the last play which ended are season.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it wasn't really the lines fault..
it was a safety blitz.. who could've picked it up..

i blame it on the first play of overtime and the first play of the game.. Jennings was WIDE OPEN

and possibly driver's fumble..

and our horrible D !!

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The INT to start the game and missing Jennings were the worst things.

INT gave the Cards D momentum the whole game and if Jennings would have caught that it would have been an easy TD.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So where do we go on from here folks. I think our defensive roster needs to tweaked and Capers playbook needs a look through.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't go there... Don't get me started. It seems like every team I choose for ends up with nothing... I better go L.A. Lakers in basketball, or else the Celtics won't have a chance...

Another Celtics fan?

It's been 3 hours and I'm still in shock...the way it ended...c'mon!
I was hoping for a penalty on the fumble returned for TD. Like "Ok...tell me there is a penalty...it's a penalty right? right? oh, please let there be a penalty!...oh Scheiße..."

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah... that missed pass to jennings. we could've WON !! WON WON !!!
look at the saints and vikings...i dont think we could really do anything against them with our D playing like ...

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree.. well not 70 :p
but they would've wooped us.. brees is better than warner.. remember that..
we couldnt stop warner.. he only missed 4 passes..

next year will be a better year :) loved watching the pack this year though ..

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow - I never thought Arizona stood a chance, so my "match-up" theory still needs work.

But, I was right in that Green Bay failed to match Arizona's intensity to begin the game, and it cost them the game. You cannot give up 17 unanswered points, in the playoffs, on the road and expect to win. Give the boyz credit for making it close, but we see how exploitable this Packers' defense can be and it ain't pretty.

I also have to give the Cardinals' coaching staff some props because how many times have we all seen instances where teams blow leads and tend to become too conservative? I thought it was a brilliant move by Kenny to continue to pass the ball and play aggressively. The way the momentum swung in the 3rd quarter, if Arizona flinched and got away from what they do best, Green Bay would have won in regulation. This is what I mean when I talk about how some coaches make decisions within the context of how a particular game is unfolding - they don't have hard and set rules that they never deviate from. And, to Mac's credit, I thought he also took some chances - the onside kick was a game-changing play and the reason the game went to overtime.

Never, ever in my wildest dreams did I think a Boldin-less Cardinals' offense would put up 51 points on a Green Bay defense they struggled to move the ball against TWICE this season. Amazing what can happen when you fail to pressure the passer without heavy, or effective, blitzing.

Just an unbelievable game - probably the greatest playoff game of all time. I told somebody at the local watering hole that when overtime came around, they should have called the game and replayed the game. It was a shame only one team could come out a winner.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah after the 4-4 start is was great! Fun to watch Rodgers, Jennings, Woodson and Matthews. We got the division next year, especially if Old man Favre retires.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

nice to see a post about an optimistic future and how good the season was. hope your right man, i am sayin the same thing. just one condition, the vikings get totally dominated by dallas (which to be honest, they will. and brent will look phenomenal. guaranteed, lol.) cant wait to see the pressure on him and watch him break like an egg as usual. past decade hasnt really failed with him, at least he is consistent.

as much as i hate to say it right now, go 2010 pack.

worst weekend in a long time thank god for MLK day next week. pro bowl anyone? haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts