Identity

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team lack identity, grant it new head coach but we have a veteran qb that's not performing at a level that he should be. every elite qb has a play that they go to that will get them 4 or 5 yards. Arod needs to start playing better too many people making excuses for him. Does aaron even throw quick slants?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Totally disagree.

This team has a very clear identity on offense and idea of how they want to attack teams.

One terrible outing doesn't make that untrue.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Davante Adams hurting this offense? Seriously..

Yes, he's the best receiver on the team and it's not even close.

Yet, when he was out all of October, the Packer offense was rolling. Rodgers was averaging over 300 yards per game. 10 touchdowns to 1 INT in October. Since Adams returned, Rodgers has seen the endzone twice in 3 games and is averaging a pathetic 166 yards passing per game.

This is frustrating to say the least. Something is different about this offense with Adams in it. I can't explain it. Is it the secondary roles that everyone else takes when Adams is in? Is it just Rodgers paying no one else any attention? Logically, if the lack of weapons is the problem, the offense should have been nonexistent when Adams was out in October. But that's not what happened.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The offense has taken a step back recently because the pass protection has completely fallen apart both @LAC and @SF.

The correlation of Adams' return is not causation.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense has taken a step back recently because the pass protection has completely fallen apart both @LAC and @SF.

That's part of it, but that's also way too dismissive of it. Look a little deeper.

In every game that Adams was out, the WR's were accounting for less than half of the receptions (and sometimes barely any) in every game. Jones, Williams, and the TE's were getting most of the balls. Adams in the last three games has been targeted 11, 10, and 12 times.

In the Chargers game he was targeted 11 times and had 41 yards. In the 9'ers game, he was targeted 12 times, and had 43 yards. Rodgers clearly attempts to force him the ball, and it seems like it's detrimental to the offense. In two of those three games, they absolutely couldn't move the ball worth a crap.

Nobody else is getting targeted even 5 times per game, so yeah, it seems like Adams makes the offense somewhat one-dimensional.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's part of it, but that's also way too dismissive of it. Look a little deeper.

In every game that Adams was out, the WR's were accounting for less than half of the receptions (and sometimes barely any) in every game. Jones, Williams, and the TE's were getting most of the balls. Adams in the last three games has been targeted 11, 10, and 12 times.

In the Chargers game he was targeted 11 times and had 41 yards. In the 9'ers game, he was targeted 12 times, and had 43 yards. Rodgers clearly attempts to force him the ball, and it seems like it's detrimental to the offense. In two of those three games, they absolutely couldn't move the ball worth a crap.

Nobody else is getting targeted even 5 times per game, so yeah, it seems like Adams makes the offense somewhat one-dimensional.

I don't buy it. He's just a much better player playing in the same offense. He gets targeted a lot because he's superior to the other options.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need ANOTHER Adams (or something closer than what we have on the roster right now... not less of him). This offense doesn’t so much have a lack of identity as they do a lack of talent. It has shown against the better teams we’ve faced

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that I am "optimistic" because I don't think Davante Adams is the problem with our offense... LOL.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't buy it. He's just a much better player playing in the same offense. He gets targeted a lot because he's superior to the other options.
While this is absolutely true, there's been quite a bit of force feeding to Davante since he came back from the injury. I'm not going to say that it's 'tunnel vision' by Rodgers, but there's a deliberate attempt to get him going, which I'm not opposed to. Because to your point, he's clearly the superior option, but I think it's at least a contributing factor to the offense not clicking like it was before.

I do agree that the protection is the key component, though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While this is absolutely true, there's been quite a bit of force feeding to Davante since he came back from the injury. I'm not going to say that it's 'tunnel vision' by Rodgers, but there's a deliberate attempt to get him going, which I'm not opposed to. Because to your point, he's clearly the superior option, but I think it's at least a contributing factor to the offense not clicking like it was before.

I do agree that the protection is the key component, though.

I don't think it's force feeding so much as a coincidence that he's been back for two of the worst offensive performances of the season.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that I am "optimistic" because I don't think Davante Adams is the problem with our offense... LOL.
Everything is in how you choose to frame it. I certainly didn’t say Adams is a problem.... far from it. However the offense was definitely finding other ways to succeed when he wasn’t in there. I would not blame Adams for that... I do Question Rodgers’ decision and Le Fleur’s play selection though.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the game defensive players and the HC in SF said their top priority was to stop A. Jones and they succeeded. I'm sure every other team we face going forward will try to do the same thing. How we respond to this will be telling.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Everything is in how you choose to frame it. I certainly didn’t say Adams is a problem.... far from it. However the offense was definitely finding other ways to succeed when he wasn’t in there. I would not blame Adams for that... I do Question Rodgers’ decision and Le Fleur’s play selection though.

They went from playing the Chiefs and Raiders defenses to playing much stiffer competition.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They went from playing the Chiefs and Raiders defenses to playing much stiffer competition.

So all of the sudden, the Chargers are juggernauts? The Panthers, too? But the Chiefs and Raiders suck? Cowboys too, we didn't have Adams for that one and moved the ball just fine.

I'm not saying the offensive problems are Adams fault and we couldn't use another one of him. Far from it. I'm not saying it isn't partly coincidence. I'm sure that's a piece of it. But I disagree with you that force feeding and staring down Adams and trying to make him the offense rather than make him a part of the offense isn't contributing to the problems as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So all of the sudden, the Chargers are juggernauts? The Panthers, too? But the Chiefs and Raiders suck? Cowboys too, we didn't have Adams for that one and moved the ball just fine.

I'm not saying the offensive problems are Adams fault and we couldn't use another one of him. Far from it. I'm not saying it isn't partly coincidence. I'm sure that's a piece of it. But I disagree with you that force feeding and staring down Adams and trying to make him the offense rather than make him a part of the offense isn't contributing to the problems as well.

Do you remember the Chargers game? That team is not a juggernaut. But in that particular game, they steam-rolled our offensive line and rendered our entire offense ineffective, much in the same way that the Niners did on Sunday night. How anyone watches those games and thinks that the Rodgers-Adams connection is the problem is beyond me.

Adams does not get "force fed" in an effort to "make him the offense." He gets more targets than the other receivers because he is far and away the best of any of the pass catching options.

The Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs (esp. Chiefs w/out Chris Jones) do not have good defenses.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you remember the Chargers game? That team is not a juggernaut. But in that particular game, they steam-rolled our offensive line and rendered our entire offense ineffective, much in the same way that the Niners did on Sunday night. How anyone watches those games and thinks that the Rodgers-Adams connection is the problem is beyond me.

Adams does not get "force fed" in an effort to "make him the offense." He gets more targets than the other receivers because he is far and away the best of any of the pass catching options.

The Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs (esp. Chiefs w/out Chris Jones) do not have good defenses.

If you really believe it has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive struggles there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. But yes, I absolutely believe it's part of it, and MLF admitted it himself yesterday.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you really believe it has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive struggles there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. But yes, I absolutely believe it's part of it, and MLF admitted it himself yesterday.

I really believe he's not "hurting the offense."

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk if its just me but it looked like lefluer gave rodgers that look a couple times "like dude wth are you doing, run the the offense". what happened to uptempo hurry up offense? Its a couple of times i thought rodgers got away with delay of game penalties. People blaming the oline, but they know who they are facing, so meaning you have to get the ball out your hand faster then normal, crossing plays quick slants.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones, who is second on the team in receptions (35), has seen his involvement in the passing game shrink with the return of receiver Davante Adams from a four-game absence because of turf toe. Adams has 21 receptions on 33 targets over the last three games.

"I do think we've maybe been overly reliant to put him in spots to get the ball," LaFleur said. "I just think we have to do a better job as a staff."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...g-effort-says-aaron-jones-needs-involved-more

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone wants to panic after one terrible game. Yes they had two bad ones this year, but they will recover and do fine for the balance of the year. Once again.... RELAX!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it is. Though no fault of Adams.

Our game plan suddenly dropped everything that was working during Adams absence and suddenly just went "let's throw to Adams". Rather than integrating Adams with the previous game plan, we changed it totally. We stopped scheming other receiver's open and we're predictable.

Adams return is the causation but nothing on him personally. Out tactics didn't adapt well.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone wants to panic after one terrible game. Yes they had two bad ones this year, but they will recover and do fine for the balance of the year. Once again.... RELAX!
You cannot write this off as easily as Chargers. If we progress we may as well have a rematch and potentially in California too. So the loss is more significant than most other losses.

Latest posts