I just re-watched Super Bowl XLV.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many of my all-time favorite Packers plays are in this one game alone.

--Frank Zombo's "Oh, wait...where am I? Oh yes, sacking Big Ben!" play.

--The Clay Matthews/Ryan Picket Forced Fumble. Such a HUGE play and Rashard Mendenhal had a goofy look on his face when he got it. You can see in the slow mo replay he has huge eyes and he is reaching out trying to catch the ball. I remember this play like it was yesterday but it happened so fast in live action that I almost have to watch replays of it to REALLY appreciate it.

--Nick Collins' Pick6. I may have, and probably never will yell "RUN!" again as loud as I did on that play.

and ofcourse, all of the TD passes from Aaron to Jordy and Greg.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot believe how many of my all-time favorite Packers plays are in this one game alone.

--Frank Zombo's "Oh, wait...where am I? Oh yes, sacking Big Ben!" play.

--The Clay Matthews/Ryan Picket Forced Fumble. Such a HUGE play and Rashard Mendenhal had a goofy look on his face when he got it. You can see in the slow mo replay he has huge eyes and he is reaching out trying to catch the ball. I remember this play like it was yesterday but it happened so fast in live action that I almost have to watch replays of it to REALLY appreciate it.

--Nick Collins' Pick6. I may have, and probably never will yell "RUN!" again as loud as I did on that play.

and ofcourse, all of the TD passes from Aaron to Jordy and Greg.

Headrush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched that Super Bowl a dozen times since. Plus the NFC Championship against the Bears... etc...

I LOVE MY DVR!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched it about 5-6X. Spill it Picket spill it has got to be the phrase of the game. My wife probably told me 7 or 8 times at least to calm down. Calm down,yeah right.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched it about 5-6X. Spill it Picket spill it has got to be the phrase of the game. My wife probably told me 7 or 8 times at least to calm down. Calm down,yeah right.

I hear that for just about EVERY Packers, Lakers, and Padres game I watch. I wish I could remember MORE of the exact reactions I had to various plays. For instance, I remember the Matthews/Pickett fumble, but I don't remember my reaction to it...kinda makes me feel sad. I knew that I was totally PUMPED after they won, and I watched the highlights on ESPN and NFLN about 100 times that night. My wife said "OMG you just watched the game!" probably a dozen times haha.

Part of me says it is only a game...but the rest of me says it is more than just a game, or a team. I may not be a shareholder (wish I could be.) but I feel like I am part of this team. My entire life they have been my one and only football team!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be going for a historic 3-peat this year, as heavy favorites.
Hell, we were the hottest team in 2009-10 also, with nobody wanting to face our red-hot offense. But the defense never slowed down Kurt Warner and we lost.

This has been a glorious 3-year window for our offense under #12. It should have been historic, but the defense was only good for that one year/post-season.
Capers has to fix this because windows like these don't last forever and they can change fast with the health of the Arod.

C

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Man, what a great game. Most of the game I remember like it was yesterday. There was some bits where I was like "ohhhh yeah, I forgot about that play!". The two plays that I remember most (including what I was cheering) still stick out the most: Nick Collins' pick six and the Pickett / Matthews forced fumble that was scooped up by Bishop.

However, I started thinking about it, and I can't remember a good chunk of the playoffs before hand. I remember specific bits and pieces. I remember the NFCC the most. BJ's pick six, Rodgers' TD and James Starks' TD.

The Falcon's game is funny, because I remember sitting there watching the end of the game and getting a text from my friend who is a Falcon's fan and she writes "Long live the Packers!" to me. She was a good sport...but so many of the plays from that game I just don't remember. I know I saw the game because it was a playoff game and all playoff games are televised (1/2-3/4 of the Packers games are now, seeing as how Aaron is from here). Strange.

The Eagles game I think my wife made me miss >.< I love the woman...and that is only reason I missed that one.

Anyone else have blank spots in that season? I seem the remember the season prior to the SB season MORE than I remember the SB season. Weird.

Oh boy do I remember every single detail of each of our climb to superbowl XLV! I remember cringing in the last minutes of the Eagles game! thinking "this could be the end of our season"
I remember thinking "oh man the Falcons beat us once before can they do it again? or will this be our revenge" and then jumping around when Tramon Williams got the pick six right before half time!
Then the Bears were the only thing stopping us from getting to XLV and I had all the confidence in the world about this game because I knew we had the Bears number, it was a pretty boring game in my opinion but when that clock struck zero I just remember saying "superbowl here we come!"
opening kick off, game time! I will never forgot that second drive when Jordy Nelson caught that 29 yard touchdown! I just remember pure joy, and that very next Steelers play boom interception by Nick Collins I stand to my feet and start shouting and when he dove into the end zone I went nuts! and watching that final Steelers drive when Big Ben still had a chance to win it for his team I remember not being able to watch and just hoping that our defense could stop this last effort from the Steelers, 4th and 5 at the Pit 33 their last chance seemed like for a moment life was going in slow motion "hike" throw's the ball to Wallace INCOMPLETE, I start jumping and yelling running around the entire building screaming were superbowl champs, were superbowl champs! an unforgettable moment in my life especially because its the first superbowl I've got to witness the Packers in and for them to win just brought pure joy to my heart and tears to my eyes.
can't wait for them to win another one!

Members online

Latest posts