1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I just re-watched Super Bowl XLV.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chicocheese, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    Man, what a great game. Most of the game I remember like it was yesterday. There was some bits where I was like "ohhhh yeah, I forgot about that play!". The two plays that I remember most (including what I was cheering) still stick out the most: Nick Collins' pick six and the Pickett / Matthews forced fumble that was scooped up by Bishop.

However, I started thinking about it, and I can't remember a good chunk of the playoffs before hand. I remember specific bits and pieces. I remember the NFCC the most. BJ's pick six, Rodgers' TD and James Starks' TD.

The Falcon's game is funny, because I remember sitting there watching the end of the game and getting a text from my friend who is a Falcon's fan and she writes "Long live the Packers!" to me. She was a good sport...but so many of the plays from that game I just don't remember. I know I saw the game because it was a playoff game and all playoff games are televised (1/2-3/4 of the Packers games are now, seeing as how Aaron is from here). Strange.

The Eagles game I think my wife made me miss >.< I love the woman...and that is only reason I missed that one.

Anyone else have blank spots in that season? I seem the remember the season prior to the SB season MORE than I remember the SB season. Weird.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    I remember that Falcons playoff game like it was yesterday. Sometimes I'll re-watch it just to see the greatness unfold all over again. I don't think I've ever seen more dominant/focused QB play in my life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    I loved watching that game! Tony Gonzalez has "said" he's going to retire after this year. We'll see. IMO he's one of those guys you'd like to see get a SB ring before they retire but not happening in this case. He stayed at KC too long

4. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    The Eagles Playoff game is a little Spotty for me, I remember the shoe string Tackle on Desean Jackson towards the end of that game, I think Collins made that tackle and I remember holding my breath b/c DJ had a LOTTA open space...Another crazy point about the Eagles, We got our FIRST & 2nd win EVER in Philly that year, in WEEK 1 and in WILDCARD WEEKEND

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    I think you also have look at the game w/da Bears when Rodgers threw the int to Urlacher & had to make the tackle himself.

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    What a fabulous season that was. Thanks for bringing back the great memories in this otherwise dull off-season.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I could relive that anytime! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    That Super Bowl game edged out my Hawaii wedding as the greatest, purest high moment of my life.... and I am suffering from withdrawl now. Does that mean I am spoiled?

9. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    Well, Frank, I think you are...weird.

Yes, the Super Bowl rocked, and rocked hard...but it won't give you a lapdance! I hope your wife doesn't see this post!

Also, I was noticing that I was still wincing and going "damn it!" when James Jones didn't catch that perfectly thrown pass that would have sent him off to the races. Haha, it still churns up my emotions! Going to see if I can find the Divisional game next.

10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Now that they're married, his wife won't give him a lap dance neither - that's for damned sure. ;)

11. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    That 2010 post season was surreal. The Falcon game stands out in that Rodgers and co. just matriculated down the field the whole game. Were it not for Jennings fumble on the opening series we score over 50.
    But the common denominator for those last 5 games was the defense making plays. ( Something they could not do against the Giants last January.)
    In the season finale you have Nick Collins picking Cutler at the end. In Philly you have Tramon Williams picking Vick at the end. In Atlanta Williams burned the Falcons twice in the second quarter. Again in Chicago it's Sam Shields making the big play at the end after BJ made a pick six. And in addition to those two big plays in the SB we cannot leave out stopping the Steelers on downs at the end without Woodson or Shields out there.
    Defense still wins championships!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    Tramon was a beast in all of the games!

13. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    They have all the playoff games and the super bowl on dvd.

14. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    I know it, I am just in the middle of moving at the moment and cannot really afford to splurge on it. Also, my wife thinks it is stupid that I re-watch games I already know the outcome of. So, saying "Hey hun, I am going to spend $40 on this set of games." to her is like totally out of the question. Gotta wait for Christmas...or my b-day is coming up in July.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Hope see doesnt have a box set of trilogy..Or any TV show that was on the air for long time

16. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214

What?

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484

Hope SHE doesnt have a box set of movies or shows...She knows how those end :)

18. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    HAHA, she does. She has a season or two of Friends and wants more. I never thought of that...good ammo for the arsenal of me wanting those games on DVD!

19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I think it was Bishop that made that tackle :)

20. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    That playoff run didn't seem to be in the realm of my expectations. The Pack looked HUNGRY. We need to get that look back.

21. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    I thought it was Collins too but I just watched it on you tube and you're right, it was Bishop. I was terrified at the time, thought he was gone.

22. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I only remember because I was thinking right after the play (and still do) as to how it was humanly possible that Bishop could get Jackson in the open field like that! haha

23. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I remember being very, very scared of the outcome for the NFC Championship game against the Bears .. we had made it so far and I knew it was going to be a gritty win at best. Exactly how I had foreseen it, it turned out being one we needed to squeak out with fortitude rather than a statement game ..

Unlike the game against the Falcons inside Atlanta's dome which was a complete statement game. I remember getting hyped to the point where if the Packers were to lose the next week, I would have been satisfied. (not really .. I would have been devastated). :rolleyes:

Tramon Williams pick-6 against Matty Ice right before the halftime gun was perhaps one of the most iconic post-season moments I have seen as a Pack fan (along with Desmond Howard's kickoff return for a touchdown against the Pats or the Al Harris pick-6 against the Seahawks). Tramon's pick-6 just had that luster where it was like, "we are the team going to Dallas this year". :tup:

24. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Sadly, we fell victim to the Giants the way the Falcons were caught off guard by us in 2010-11 ..

25. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    The Tackle that really sticks in my mind as the best in the run was Arod chasing down Urlacher on what could have been a game swinging touchdown.