I just re-watched Super Bowl XLV.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, what a great game. Most of the game I remember like it was yesterday. There was some bits where I was like "ohhhh yeah, I forgot about that play!". The two plays that I remember most (including what I was cheering) still stick out the most: Nick Collins' pick six and the Pickett / Matthews forced fumble that was scooped up by Bishop.

However, I started thinking about it, and I can't remember a good chunk of the playoffs before hand. I remember specific bits and pieces. I remember the NFCC the most. BJ's pick six, Rodgers' TD and James Starks' TD.

The Falcon's game is funny, because I remember sitting there watching the end of the game and getting a text from my friend who is a Falcon's fan and she writes "Long live the Packers!" to me. She was a good sport...but so many of the plays from that game I just don't remember. I know I saw the game because it was a playoff game and all playoff games are televised (1/2-3/4 of the Packers games are now, seeing as how Aaron is from here). Strange.

The Eagles game I think my wife made me miss >.< I love the woman...and that is only reason I missed that one.

Anyone else have blank spots in that season? I seem the remember the season prior to the SB season MORE than I remember the SB season. Weird.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I remember that Falcons playoff game like it was yesterday. Sometimes I'll re-watch it just to see the greatness unfold all over again. I don't think I've ever seen more dominant/focused QB play in my life.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that Falcons playoff game like it was yesterday. Sometimes I'll re-watch it just to see the greatness unfold all over again. I don't think I've ever seen more dominant/focused QB play in my life.
I loved watching that game! Tony Gonzalez has "said" he's going to retire after this year. We'll see. IMO he's one of those guys you'd like to see get a SB ring before they retire but not happening in this case. He stayed at KC too long

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles Playoff game is a little Spotty for me, I remember the shoe string Tackle on Desean Jackson towards the end of that game, I think Collins made that tackle and I remember holding my breath b/c DJ had a LOTTA open space...Another crazy point about the Eagles, We got our FIRST & 2nd win EVER in Philly that year, in WEEK 1 and in WILDCARD WEEKEND

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles Playoff game is a little Spotty for me, I remember the shoe string Tackle on Desean Jackson towards the end of that game, I think Collins made that tackle and I remember holding my breath b/c DJ had a LOTTA open space...Another crazy point about the Eagles, We got our FIRST & 2nd win EVER in Philly that year, in WEEK 1 and in WILDCARD WEEKEND
I think you also have look at the game w/da Bears when Rodgers threw the int to Urlacher & had to make the tackle himself.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Super Bowl game edged out my Hawaii wedding as the greatest, purest high moment of my life.... and I am suffering from withdrawl now. Does that mean I am spoiled?

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Frank, I think you are...weird.

Yes, the Super Bowl rocked, and rocked hard...but it won't give you a lapdance! I hope your wife doesn't see this post!

Also, I was noticing that I was still wincing and going "damn it!" when James Jones didn't catch that perfectly thrown pass that would have sent him off to the races. Haha, it still churns up my emotions! Going to see if I can find the Divisional game next.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now that they're married, his wife won't give him a lap dance neither - that's for damned sure. ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 2010 post season was surreal. The Falcon game stands out in that Rodgers and co. just matriculated down the field the whole game. Were it not for Jennings fumble on the opening series we score over 50.
But the common denominator for those last 5 games was the defense making plays. ( Something they could not do against the Giants last January.)
In the season finale you have Nick Collins picking Cutler at the end. In Philly you have Tramon Williams picking Vick at the end. In Atlanta Williams burned the Falcons twice in the second quarter. Again in Chicago it's Sam Shields making the big play at the end after BJ made a pick six. And in addition to those two big plays in the SB we cannot leave out stopping the Steelers on downs at the end without Woodson or Shields out there.
Defense still wins championships!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Well, Frank, I think you are...weird.

Yes, the Super Bowl rocked, and rocked hard...but it won't give you a lapdance! I hope your wife doesn't see this post!

Also, I was noticing that I was still wincing and going "damn it!" when James Jones didn't catch that perfectly thrown pass that would have sent him off to the races. Haha, it still churns up my emotions! Going to see if I can find the Divisional game next.
They have all the playoff games and the super bowl on dvd.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it, I am just in the middle of moving at the moment and cannot really afford to splurge on it. Also, my wife thinks it is stupid that I re-watch games I already know the outcome of. So, saying "Hey hun, I am going to spend $40 on this set of games." to her is like totally out of the question. Gotta wait for Christmas...or my b-day is coming up in July.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it, I am just in the middle of moving at the moment and cannot really afford to splurge on it. Also, my wife thinks it is stupid that I re-watch games I already know the outcome of. So, saying "Hey hun, I am going to spend $40 on this set of games." to her is like totally out of the question. Gotta wait for Christmas...or my b-day is coming up in July.

Hope see doesnt have a box set of trilogy..Or any TV show that was on the air for long time

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA, she does. She has a season or two of Friends and wants more. I never thought of that...good ammo for the arsenal of me wanting those games on DVD!

Reaction score
The Eagles Playoff game is a little Spotty for me, I remember the shoe string Tackle on Desean Jackson towards the end of that game, I think Collins made that tackle and I remember holding my breath b/c DJ had a LOTTA open space
I think it was Bishop that made that tackle :)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That playoff run didn't seem to be in the realm of my expectations. The Pack looked HUNGRY. We need to get that look back.

Reaction score
I thought it was Collins too but I just watched it on you tube and you're right, it was Bishop. I was terrified at the time, thought he was gone.
I only remember because I was thinking right after the play (and still do) as to how it was humanly possible that Bishop could get Jackson in the open field like that! haha

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember being very, very scared of the outcome for the NFC Championship game against the Bears .. we had made it so far and I knew it was going to be a gritty win at best. Exactly how I had foreseen it, it turned out being one we needed to squeak out with fortitude rather than a statement game ..

Unlike the game against the Falcons inside Atlanta's dome which was a complete statement game. I remember getting hyped to the point where if the Packers were to lose the next week, I would have been satisfied. (not really .. I would have been devastated). :rolleyes:

Tramon Williams pick-6 against Matty Ice right before the halftime gun was perhaps one of the most iconic post-season moments I have seen as a Pack fan (along with Desmond Howard's kickoff return for a touchdown against the Pats or the Al Harris pick-6 against the Seahawks). Tramon's pick-6 just had that luster where it was like, "we are the team going to Dallas this year". :tup:

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That playoff run didn't seem to be in the realm of my expectations. The Pack looked HUNGRY. We need to get that look back.
Sadly, we fell victim to the Giants the way the Falcons were caught off guard by us in 2010-11 ..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I only remember because I was thinking right after the play (and still do) as to how it was humanly possible that Bishop could get Jackson in the open field like that! haha
The Tackle that really sticks in my mind as the best in the run was Arod chasing down Urlacher on what could have been a game swinging touchdown.

Members online

Latest posts