I Just Don't Get It....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, from reading a ton of the comments and opinions on here after the Packers win, someone could easily think they lost.
The comments I read are ones I expect when they lose. Not when they win.
You all can do what you want but I refuse to see any negativity towards the team when they win.
Everyone involved with the Packers is not perfect. They are human. They do their best for what it takes to win. And when they win, fans will still come on here to complain?
I don't understand how one can not be satisfied with the win.
Packers are 3-0. That's something to be happy with.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even Rodgers wasn't the happiest.. Said he was disappointed, but "we'll take the win."

Well, I think that's how a lot of fans feel too. The players and fans both have high standards. It's the way it's ALWAYS been here.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even Rodgers wasn't the happiest.. Said he was disappointed, but "we'll take the win."

Well, I think that's how a lot of fans feel too. The players and fans both have high standards. It's the way it's ALWAYS been here.
Yeah, your right.
Especially for the recent SB champs.

I dunno, it just seems to me there is more complaining this year than last.
Probably for the reasons we pointed out.
Higher standards for SB winners.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely happy about the 3-0 but when you give up 400+ passing years to a rookie one week and than miss a chance to humiliate your rivals in their stadium the next, it leaves something to be desired.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line, a win is a win. Even more so with the MUCH shorter schedules for training camps. If we get through Sept and Oct with only 1 loss, that is a HUGE victory. You don't think our team is going to get better by the time November rolls around to work out some of these issues?

Going to be a good season. We should be back in the Super Bowl.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears games are always ugly. They defend our offense better than anyone in the league. They make us look like we're playing with weights strapped to our wrists and ankles. They make us look bad. But, we make them look worse, and we get the W.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Okay lets roll back the tape and look where we are at from a year ago. 2 -1, we lost our star rb and everyone was saying to get Lynch. Our team beat themselves versus the Bears, scraped by the Bills, and we caused Vick to play.

This year we fought evenly versus the Saints and won, scraped by the Panthers and beat the Bears in a decent way. Our star RB isn't injured and his back up had his first bad game. The injury bug never left us, but our offense still has a 1, 2 punch at RB, and Kuhn and Green if needed, and our receivers depth is super deep. Though our defense is still struggling, its still getting the job done. And who can say our ST is still horrible?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hissed at MM during that game a couple of times but he's back on my purr list now. I don't often get my tail in a wag, sorry if any of my comments seemed harsh. I think in one respect the team knows they are capable of playing better than what they are playing. They are more than capable of blowing teams out of the water, maybe even off the planet (Broncos beware, this means you). We are fortunate that the "issues" this team is having are few and far between and are minor in relation to what other teams are facing. Keep in mind we are still considered to be the best team in the league. So if even on a "bad" day for the Pack, we are still the best and better than our competition what do we really have to wag our tails about? The thing is, no matter how good this team gets, there is always going to be somebody upset about some bloody thing or another. I think this team even now is elite as a unit and as Robdog said, we are only going to get better. So lets take this one paw at a time, Pack. The road to the Superbowl begins as such.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They won that is all that matters, but yeah I agree with you.

James Starks had a bad day but no need to curse the guy and blame it all on him. You can't go out and perform your greatest every sunday. He had a rough game, he'll get it together.

Pass defense didn't give up 400 yards, and I think keeping the Bears to 14 total rushing yards is a BIG thing to brag about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone brings their A game to play the SB Champs

I for one said they would have issues scoring on the Bears, but they did better than i thought..So this win was great

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think people keep forgetting that there were no OTA's, Training camp was shortened, there we no two a days this year. Our issues are very minor and fixable. they are not about personnel like a lot of teams, but about execution. Execution is just repetition. If you look around the league your pretty much seeing the same thing going on everywhere. I think we are fortunate in that our schedule is pretty favorable thru the bye week, by then we will be rolling both O and D.

Look at it this way, even with all the errors and missteps, we are still the best team in the NFL. Forget the statistics, they don't tell the true story. When teams can't run they throw a lot. I don't care if they are racking up a lot of yards in the air, it means nothing if its not on the scoreboard. We are 3 and 0 for the first time since 07, we are playing the Bronco's at home next week so there is a very good chance we will be 4 and 0 before we go visit the Falcons then the Rams. We are one of only 4 (maybe after tonight, 3) undefeated teams remaining in the NFL.

I think we are looking pretty damn good right now to defend our title.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think the Packers played a solid game against the Bears. I am happy with how they played this week compared to last week because we tightened up our secondary a bit, and our rushing defense did spectacular against the Bears. There's a lot of weaknesses like the secondary-- it hurts to see Nick Collins out for the season, but I am happy Morgan Burnett is stepping up his play.

27-17 score was very deceptive. I thought the Pack dominated the Bears for the most part. I am not worried yet, because it's only Week 3, and the Packers aren't playing 100% yet, which is scary.

Being the champs, people are going to complain and your going to be in the spotlight. I am happy. We're 3-0.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I feel ya. But it isn't like we are sliding by in these games and winning with luck ala last years Bears team. We just are not playing to our highest potential 24/7.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel ya. But it isn't like we are sliding by in these games and winning with luck ala last years Bears team. We just are not playing to our highest potential 24/7.
I agree with you and I think that's what the complainers are expecting.
Big blowout games by the SB champs.
But since we aren't getting that, I'll take the win.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are blown up to be this beast of a team because they're the Superbowl Champions and because they got a good majority of their starters back from IR but I think people forget that last year they had a lot of close games.
  • WK 1 - @PHI 27-20 W
  • WK 4 - DET 28-26 W
  • WK 7 - MN 28-24 W
  • WK 8 - @NYJ 9-0 W
  • WK 17 - CHI 10-3 W
Post season
  • @PHI 21-16
  • @CHI 21-14
  • SB - PIT 31-25
They did have games where they blew teams up but aside from the playoff game in Atlanta we should be a little realistic.
  • The Bills, clearly not the same Bills that are playing this season. (34-7)
  • A Vikings team and organization that was crumbling. (31-3)
  • Cowboys that had lost it's identity and was also in a state of disarray. (45-7)
  • The 49'ers. (34-16)
  • The Giants; while they might be the best team we crushed in the regular season, I couldn't help but feel as though the game would have maybe been a bit different had the Giants beaten the Eagles. (45-17)
Only one of those teams was a contender for the playoffs. (NYG)
It's scary to think and say but we are seeing the same trend happening again with players getting hurt, but lets just hope that everyone manages to stay healthy for the rest of the year.

Would I like to see the Packers just blowout teams week after week? Hell yeah, but it's just not reasonable to expect that to actually happen. I think right now we're in the "Pre-Jellin" part of the season. Hopefully the team solidifies soon so we can no longer complain about being 3-0 and maybe we can complain about being 7-0 in a few weeks.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, we were a team that prided themselves on our stingy defense. We're 2nd last in passing yrds/game. But yes... i'll take the win.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
A win is a win, but you can't accept in victory what you wouldn't accept in defeat. Meaning, just because we won doesn't mean they can overlook mistakes that are made. There is always room for improvement....always.

Reaction score

I won't be satisfied or fully happy until we go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. Lol. Even in my signature I have the countdown for how many games we have left before we go undefeated.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NO and Panthers were tight games...I think majority people figured NO would be a hard game, but not the Panthers...So fans got disappointed in that..Sort of like in the past if we would let Detroit stick around to the very end..

Chicago was an easier game...

But I believe expectations are real high for this team, which I guess is understandable, but fans need to think with their heads and not hearts...

There is a reason why there hasnt really been a repeat SB champ in a while..Every team is going to bring their "A" game and the Packers will have to play harder each week as well..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, your right.
Especially for the recent SB champs.

I dunno, it just seems to me there is more complaining this year than last.
Probably for the reasons we pointed out.
Higher standards for SB winners.

last year was terrible. Do you remember the 42 page thread on needing a RB? Or the end of the world threads when someone went down?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason why there hasnt really been a repeat SB champ in a while..Every team is going to bring their "A" game and the Packers will have to play harder each week as well..

I dont think many teams were built for long term success or werent talented enough to do anything more than a one and done.

Pittsburgh is the only one I can think of that was built long term. NE has had a questionable defense for years now.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
As Kitten's siggy once said,.. something to the effect.."Rumors of our demise has been greatly exaggerated"!

When I first start posting on here, things were looking pretty grim..but I always have the hope we will go all the way!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Kitten's siggy once said,.. something to the effect.."Rumors of our demise has been greatly exaggerated"!

When I first start posting on here, things were looking pretty grim..but I always have the hope we will go all the way!!!

That is purrfect, Luv!!! I think I'm going to reinstate that siggy line. Clearly it was a mistake to remove it in the first place as the Armageddon clock is ticking once more, only week 3, Pack 3-0 and best in the league. I guess the whole world is going to hell and the Packers are driving the bus. ;)I want you all to say, "the Packers are my masters!" SAY IT!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts