I am so pissed off at Ted Thompson...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji was as good as Daniels maybe one year in his career. Daniels is worth every penny. Matthews is overpaid no doubt. It's what happens when you sign big FA contracts and then the player falls off dramatically in play. You're kind of stuck for a year or two. At some point you have to live with decisions that don't work out.

Cyber Stag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the reigning Super Bowl champions are already making moves to improve the team, do nothing Teddy is standing pat, overpaying his own players, and releasing the second best player for the Packers over the past eight years. ******* Thompson is ******* worthless, releasing Cutler has just cost us two wins a year and now we're going to have to compete with three teams for an NFC North title instead of the usual two. How people can keep defending this ******* worthless piece of ******* **** I will never know but I've had it with this ******* ********.
I could not agree more! along with TT we need to also dump MM. Five years from now it will be the mid 80's all over again and MM will be recognized as the man who made it happen.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Rodell hacked into Ogsponge's account to make the initial post. While Ogsponge has been backing away while pointing out it was satire, there is someone carrying that torch....

Which is probably why most of us initially figured it was a serious post.

Every year about this time, we hear that the team is going backwards while the others move forward. It's a sorry and lame record to hear repeatedly, especially when it proves out to be false every year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe that. I would say that Belicheck is a better coach than McCarthy. Ask yourself, why do stars from the Patriots get signed as FAs and then appear average? How can NE plug anyone in, and seem to not miss a beat? Its coaching - not talent.

And who has the capability to get us better coaching?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Rodell hacked into Ogsponge's account to make the initial post. While Ogsponge has been backing away while pointing out it was satire, there is someone carrying that torch....

Every year about this time, we hear that the team is going backwards while the others move forward. It's a sorry and lame record to hear repeatedly, especially when it proves out to be false every year.

Does it? I'm not so sure. We seem to be the team every year with the elite QB and a major predictible weakness on D that we can't cover up. One year it was safety, then ILB, then corner. We are a team that can make the Super Bowl but need just about every possible circumstance to go right for that to happen and need to stay very healthy.

I'd say we've been that team for at least 5 seasons. I'm not saying we're moving backwards, but we don't appear to be moving forward either.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amukamara to the Bears. Anyone hoping for a #1 corner in free agency, they're just about all gone.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it? I'm not so sure. We seem to be the team every year with the elite QB and a major predictible weakness on D that we can't cover up. One year it was safety, then ILB, then corner. We are a team that can make the Super Bowl but need just about every possible circumstance to go right for that to happen and need to stay very healthy.

I'd say we've been that team for at least 5 seasons. I'm not saying we're moving backwards, but we don't appear to be moving forward either.
Every team has major weaknesses. We aren't the only one. We fixed safety. They are on their way to solidifying ILB, and now it's CB. Not even the Patriots walked into this offseason without weaknesses that need to be fixed.

TT has bested just about every organization out there except for NE. Everyone used to point to San Francisco. Then Seattle was the gold standard, but their foundation is cracking. New Orleans has fallen far with their elite QB. The Ravens haven't competed in a while. Denver fell apart after going all-in. Arizona couldn't stay near the top very long and Carolina took big steps back. You can quibble about the list, but mainly there are three teams that have been consistently good for a long time - Green Bay, New England, and Pittsburgh. Perspective is important. Seattle came later and is fizzling sooner as a potential fourth team.

Yes it's frustrating to not be as good as NE but what we've done is impressive, how TT has done it has been impressive, and not one of us could likely do it better. I'm not complacent but I am very happy with being in this elite group. It shows owners and GMs that think about the long term and make moves -- or don't make moves -- with the future in mind.

I guess that I look forward to hearing the same gripes out of you guys in a few more years. That would mean that we're still at the top and still have a chance. Hopefully we'll win one of them along the way.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For the record I am not backing away from anything I 100% standby the satirical nature of my post. I mean come on, the majority of my rant was about Ted Thompson releasing the second best player for the Packers (Jay Cutler) Who was a Chicago bear. Here is the definition of satire:

sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I mean I really don't understand how every single person who posted in this thread Inc. clued in the ones who ridiculed me and the ones who tried to defend me missed the fact that it was satire.

Anyway I think I will just sit back and enjoy the arguing

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has major weaknesses. We aren't the only one. We fixed safety. They are on their way to solidifying ILB, and now it's CB. Not even the Patriots walked into this offseason without weaknesses that need to be fixed.

TT has bested just about every organization out there except for NE. Everyone used to point to San Francisco. Then Seattle was the gold standard, but their foundation is cracking. New Orleans has fallen far with their elite QB. The Ravens haven't competed in a while. Denver fell apart after going all-in. Arizona couldn't stay near the top very long and Carolina took big steps back. You can quibble about the list, but mainly there are three teams that have been consistently good for a long time - Green Bay, New England, and Pittsburgh. Perspective is important. Seattle came later and is fizzling sooner as a potential fourth team.

Yes it's frustrating to not be as good as NE but what we've done is impressive, how TT has done it has been impressive, and not one of us could likely do it better. I'm not complacent but I am very happy with being in this elite group. It shows owners and GMs that think about the long term and make moves -- or don't make moves -- with the future in mind.

I guess that I look forward to hearing the same gripes out of you guys in a few more years. That would mean that we're still at the top and still have a chance. Hopefully we'll win one of them along the way.

Every team has major weaknesses, but I can't think of too many other teams that consistently see a major defensive flaw exposed in the playoffs almost every single year. I also don't know if ILB has been 'fixed' as much as it just pales in comparison now to the issues at corner.

Looking toward the future is great but the reality is that there needs to be some premium put on the present. Once Father Time catches up to Rodgers and he either departs or isn't effective anymore, it won't really matter how much we've taken care of the future, we won't be contending.

I really have no problem with the draft and develop philosophy but Thompson has been very poor at it on the defensive side the last 5 drafts or so which you simply can't afford if you aren't going to utilize other methods to upgrade the roster.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm not saying that we need to mortgage any future at all. But a team can greatly improve their short-term chances of winning a Super Bowl while still looking toward the future. Look at one year deals given to Prince Amakamura and Alshon Jeffrey.

We don't need to be like the Redskins or Saints of old and start throwing money around and relying on constant restructures to get us under the cap. But there's a reason there are 31 other teams that aren't as far at the other extreme as us, which is extremely conservative. There's a middle ground available here where we can give our team a better shot every year while still taking care of our cap and looking at the future.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can quibble about the list, but mainly there are three teams that have been consistently good for a long time - Green Bay, New England, and Pittsburgh. Perspective is important. Seattle came later and is fizzling sooner as a potential fourth team.

Well, and those teams have been to four (Patriots, winning two) or three (Steelers, winning two; Seahawks, winning one) over Thompson's tenure as the Packers general manager.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been in neutral for several years . Sadly there are a lot of fans ok with what TT is doing and feel good about just being a playoff team. My expectations are they will compete for the North because the division is weak. But I'm expecting them to get smacked in the playoffs. The usual

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
#BreakingNews: sabotagegate investigation is underway as the Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson is accused of sabotaging Aaron's Rodgers chances of another super bowl. Reports have been filed against the New England Patriots and Tom Brady for paying him under the table to make sure Rodgers is left with nothing but garbage on his football team to ensure the trademark #goat. Ted Wells investigates.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ted tells his first childhood lie....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We are a team that can make the Super Bowl but need just about every possible circumstance to go right for that to happen and need to stay very healthy.
Sort of the same way it happens for everyone else too. Don't think the Pats got lucky this season playing the Texans after they had no competent QB? Or that the Texans only got there after beating the Raiders after they lost their QB?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sort of the same way it happens for everyone else too. Don't think the Pats got lucky this season playing the Texans after they had no competent QB? Or that the Texans only got there after beating the Raiders after they lost their QB?

The Pats just got lucky, seriously? What about the other 6 Super Bowls they were in in the BB era?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Pats just got lucky, seriously? What about the other 6 Super Bowls they were in in the BB era?
Most teams have a bit of luck in who they play and how healthy they are at the time. Health to significant cogs probably counts the most. Wouldn't the Packers have been better over the years with a 10 year starter Nick Collins, 8 year starter Jermichael Finley, 4 year starter Eddie Lacey, not counting the never-weres that really did not get a chance due to injuries? Happens to all teams. Some can overcome them when it happens, most can't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts