Building through the draft AND ADDING key pieces via Free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Well, how timely is this? A neutral source, the Seattle press, with a piece on where Schneider came from.

http://www.nwcn.com/sports/seahawks...er-draws-from-winning-pedigree-241822321.html

Interestingly, the writer makes reference to Wolf and the Tuna dining together in Jupiter, FL about 10 hours after I made that exact same reference! Spooky, huh? Or maybe not.

Now, why should we care (and why Jack protesteth too much about not caring)? Because the conclusion is more concerning than even a couple of bad drafts.

We can compare the team-building in Seattle to the sub-standard Packer drafts since Schneider left and chalk it up to aberrations, bad luck, good luck, circumstances both plausible and fanciful, etc., etc., if one believes that Schneider is a Thompson man who learned his trade therefrom or was otherwise influenced thereby. That way we can be consoled that the master will likely once again match or pass the student.

On the other hand, it is perhaps too concerning a fact to face that Schneider may have actually been the man behind the curtain.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, how timely is this? A neutral source, the Seattle press, with a piece on where Schneider came from.

http://www.nwcn.com/sports/seahawks...er-draws-from-winning-pedigree-241822321.html

Interestingly, the writer makes reference to Wolf and the Tuna dining together in Jupiter, FL about 10 hours after I made that exact same reference! Spooky, huh? Or maybe not.

Now, why should we care (and why Jack protesteth too much about not caring)? Because the conclusion is more concerning than even a couple of bad drafts.

We can compare the team-building in Seattle to the sub-standard Packer drafts since Schneider left and chalk it up to aberrations, bad luck, good luck, circumstances both plausible and fanciful, etc., etc., if one believes that Schneider is a Thompson man who learned his trade therefrom or was otherwise influenced thereby. That way we can be consoled that the master will likely once again match or pass the student.

On the other hand, it is perhaps too concerning a fact to face that Schneider may have actually been the man behind the curtain.

Writer is an old GB Press Gazette reporter

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The only people that may care is Ted's and Ron's families..Even at that, they probably do not even care...

I think it has ran it's course

H

HardRightEdge

The only people that may care is Ted's and Ron's families..Even at that, they probably do not even care...

Families? That's one bizarre way to look at it, and seems to completely miss the point. But if everybody is finished with the denial and done letting the issue go over their heads, then I'm done with it...for now.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There can be no question that there have been some major changes to our scouting dept. ... for me... I am concerned...but I do think we have enough quality football minds around that we'll fix what's broke.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Families? That's one bizarre way to look at it, and seems to completely miss the point. But if everybody is finished with the denial and done letting the issue go over their heads, then I'm done with it...for now.
Point are post being made that are going no where but in a circle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts