I am so pissed off at Ted Thompson...

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the reigning Super Bowl champions are already making moves to improve the team, do nothing Teddy is standing pat, overpaying his own players, and releasing the second best player for the Packers over the past eight years. ****ing Thompson is ****ing worthless, releasing Cutler has just cost us two wins a year and now we're going to have to compete with three teams for an NFC North title instead of the usual two. How people can keep defending this ****ing worthless piece of ****ing **** I will never know but I've had it with this ****ing ********.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the reigning Super Bowl champions are already making moves to improve the team, do nothing Teddy is standing pat, overpaying his own players, and releasing the second best player for the Packers over the past eight years. ******* Thompson is ******* worthless, releasing Cutler has just cost us two wins a year and now we're going to have to compete with three teams for an NFC North title instead of the usual two. How people can keep defending this ******* worthless piece of ******* **** I will never know but I've had it with this ******* ********.
That feeling you have is called being a Packers fan the past 6 seasons. We have a lame GM riding the coat tails of his all time great QB point blank. TT has done nothing to improve this teams chances of another SB. I'm almost positive they don't even win a playoff game next year...if they make it. As of now the team is worse than it was two months ago.

D

Deleted member 6794

Relax, there is still ample time for the Packers to finalize next year's roster. There's no reason to panic as of right now.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spoilsport. I like reading a good rant now and then.:cool:
The TT realists are spot on. I've been saying it for years as well. Everyone wants to compare the NE and GB franchises. The only common factor is a HOF QB. While TT pissed away the remaining years of #4 and continues his draft and develop facade and being the youngest team in the league to the demise of #12, NE has been to 7 SB's and won 5. GB and Uncle Ted has been to 1 and won 1.

It's ashame for the players and fans. The game has passed Bug Eyes by and he should be gone.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the reigning Super Bowl champions are already making moves to improve the team, do nothing Teddy is standing pat, overpaying his own players, and releasing the second best player for the Packers over the past eight years. ******* Thompson is ******* worthless, releasing Cutler has just cost us two wins a year and now we're going to have to compete with three teams for an NFC North title instead of the usual two. How people can keep defending this ******* worthless piece of ******* **** I will never know but I've had it with this ******* ********.
How can you say he has done nothing?!?!?!?!? He picked out the lovely new blue color for the visitors locker room........

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, was I really too subtle? I would normally expect you guys to catch the obvious satire...

LMAO...

Maybe I should become a professional troll, I highly suggest all of you go back and reread my post and try to understand it ...

I deleted my first message I read your satire explanation post. But I liked the Chicken Little picture too much too not use.

Whether you believe it or not, the reality is there are posters here who actually have that attitude.

D

Deleted member 6794

Whether you believe it or not, the reality is there are posters here who actually have that attitude.

At the other end of the spectrum there are posters not realizing Thompson is clearly an inferior general manager compared to Belichick.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While there is still plenty of time left, I do agree that if we continue to use the same philosophies, we will continue to suffer the same disappointments.

Year after year, we continue to retain the same DC, while also continuing the same draft and develop only philosophy on defense, thus we continue to have teams that defensively simply aren't good enough to hang with high powered offenses in January, and yet we continue unwavering with that same approach into the next season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the other end of the spectrum there are posters not realizing Thompson is clearly an inferior general manager compared to Belichick.
I don't believe that. I would say that Belicheck is a better coach than McCarthy. Ask yourself, why do stars from the Patriots get signed as FAs and then appear average? How can NE plug anyone in, and seem to not miss a beat? Its coaching - not talent.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't believe that. I would say that Belicheck is a better coach than McCarthy. Ask yourself, why do stars from the Patriots get signed as FAs and then appear average? How can NE plug anyone in, and seem to not miss a beat? Its coaching - not talent.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Patriots annually have a more talented roster than the Packers. In addition their general manager isn't afraid to use all methods available to improve the roster, even during the season. I guarantee Belichick would have addressed the cornerback position before the trade deadline in 2016 if he would have been in the same situation as Thompson.

I agree that superior coaching plays a role in New England being the dominant team in the league over the past 16 seasons.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always find it funny when ppl proclaim that TT doesn't overspend for players. EVERY player on the Packers not named Aaron Rodgers is overpaid!!! Are you kidding me!

Assuming your talking about guys on their 2nd contracts:

Jordy, Bakhtiari, Lang/Perry (this past year), Burnett, Taylor and Daniels were all over paid?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But part of that is the GM skill of evaluation of outside talent and knowing who will work well in your system and who won't. Belichick certainly isn't choosing his players at random, he is also highly skilled at evaluating who fits, who is undervalued, overvalued, in his prime or past his prime, who is for real and who just had a flukey good year.

I'm confident BB wouldn't have given a long-term deal to a guy like Brad Jones. He isn't 100% (see Chad Johnson), but he's about as close as one can be to it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy, Bakhtiari, Lang/Perry (this past year), Burnett, Taylor and Daniels were all over paid?

Jordy - No way. Great deal.

Bahk - Too early to say. It's a big contract but it will look good in a few years if he remains a bookend tackle.

Lang - He got a pretty fair deal at the time but definitely outperformed it.

Perry - Classic 1 year 'prove it' deal, wish we had gotten more than 1 year out if it, but prove it he did.

Burnett - Seems compensated about right for his contributions.

Taylor - Looks very good now especially seeing that 2nd year.

Daniels - I don't think he's overpaid, but I was kind of disappointed in his 2016 season.

I would consider all of Matthews, Cobb, and Crosby to be overpaid to some extent, Matthews to the greatest extent. Even Randall who is on a rookie contract isn't worth his 2M+ next year at his current contributions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, was I really too subtle? I would normally expect you guys to catch the obvious satire...
Dammit , I was up for hours by that point, had 2 cups of coffee already and had worked out. And it's Friday, I should be more in top of it. You got me, but at least I got to go looking for my favorite lady with bronchitis and it made me laugh again

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes that's correct. Mainly Matthews, and Cobb. Both are making wayyyy to much. Matthews struggles against the run, and he can't consistently get off blocks against the better LTs. Cobb is solid but he can't ever be depended upon as being the #1 wr while in Green Bay. He can only be productive playing in the slot. I could easily say Daniels is overpaid as well. He gives you hardly anything as a pas ms rusher. Being solid against the run doesn't warrant the salary he got. People gave Raji a hard time but he was better than Mike Daniels in every phase of the game.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that's correct. Mainly Matthews, and Cobb. Both are making wayyyy to much. Matthews struggles against the run, and he can't consistently get off blocks against the better LTs. Cobb is solid but he can't ever be depended upon as being the #1 wr while in Green Bay. He can only be productive playing in the slot. I could easily say Daniels is overpaid as well. He gives you hardly anything as a pas ms rusher. Being solid against the run doesn't warrant the salary he got. People gave Raji a hard time but he was better than Mike Daniels in every phase of the game.
Raji was better than Mike D in every phase of the game??? Are we talking about his 2010 season alone or what? You lost me on this comment bro.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji was better than Mike D in every phase of the game??? Are we talking about his 2010 season alone or what? You lost me on this comment bro.

Put it this way. Rajis best season was better than Mike Daniels best season. I just think that Raji was a better player than Mike Daniels is. Made his plays Without committing stupid personal foul penalties in the process for running his mouth. That's just my opinion tho.

Members online

Latest posts