I am so pissed off at Ted Thompson...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He made a quote about how the D needs a few more pieces. Maybe hes seeing a defense heavy draft in comming and that's were he thinks those pieces may come from. Maybe not.

Maybe not? And pray, explain where does the missing pieces will come from if not from FA or Draft?

In any case you're reading WAY to far into an off the cuff comment where he made reference to the fact that they could use some more help on D if you think it's comparable with some of the things said by many detractors

I don't think Rodgers is apt to make "off the cuff" remarks when talking about TTs domain of team rebuilding. He did talk about defence before and that he still talks about it is not just "off the cuff" but that he considers it still not satisfactory. That ofc does not equal to "we are doomed" but still has a weighty inference on it's own.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you think it's being ignored because a player who's name you know wasn't signed. You don't know the plan at all. and all of these guys are more likely to be 2 year cuts than super stars they're made out to be. Happens every year. What I do know is Ted is one of the hardest working guys in football and he has a plan. I don't think House was a replacement for Hyde at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Guessing AR would like to see TT spend a higher pick on a WR in this draft and start planning for what could be the very near future. The 5th through 7th rounders don't seem to be doing much and the rest of the group are each nearing crossroads for various reasons:
  1. Jordy Nelson: Will be 32 in May. While he isn't showing signs of slowing down, he will eventually hit that wall.
  2. Randall Cobb: Cobb has been underperforming his big contract and after this season, parting ways might be cap friendly enough to justify it.
  3. Davante Adams: Contract year. If the Packers don't roll the dice and sign him before he hits the FA market, I don't see him back in GB.
  4. Ty Montgomery: While I am sure he can play some WR, he will be busy being a RB now.
  5. Geronimo Allison: His recent drug arrest doesn't help bode a lot of confidence in his future, but if he avoids future issues and keeps developing, he is the wild card in the group.
  6. Trevor Davis: Still raw, haven't seen enough to say he is a bust, but haven't seen anything that stands out.
  7. Jeff Janis: Do I need to say more?
As strong as everyone wants to think our WR group is, we need to start planning for the near future. The key to being successful playing WR for the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers, is the willingness to learn the playbook and put in the hours it takes to get in sync with your QB. Would love to find a bigger taller WR than the 6' 1" and under guys who need to bulk up. Have always wondered what AR could have done with someone built like Megatron or Vincent Jackson.

Last edited:

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that we have a couple of pieces missing on D is not exactly a secret at this time. Rodgers stating a fact does not really mean he is attacking TT (or anyone else). I mean we were the last ranked pass defense in the league and have done exactly nothing to improve it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
you think it's being ignored because a player who's name you know wasn't signed. You don't know the plan at all.

Maybe his "Plans" suck? Maybe he should get the hell out of the way and let someone who can get in there an actually address "No Brainer needs" other then throwing rookies and UDFA's at the problem which we have throughly proved "over and over again" doesn't work.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AR says to Murphy: "Fix the D or trade me", I think things would be different. Unfortunately, he is too classy for that.
Maybe not so far out of the question.
AR has put his house in Green Bay up for sale.
Perhaps he has a plan.
I'm sure he didn't do it because he can't afford the mortgage payments.:sneaky:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yep, that would be the "nail in the coffin". Run off the best player in the league because of Ted Thompson and his shrewd ways.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pending another lackluster season, do Matthews & Cobb get cut?

IMO, Matthews is gone after this season. He's been in decline for a while now; he's not getting better just older, and his production/availability won't be nearly worth his cap number.
Cobb is still in his prime. But he is what he is, and is limited. If they can find his niche and the best ways to use him, and do that consistently, keep him, but probably with a redone contract, as his impact/production won't match his cap number either. If he balks, look to trade him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Cobb is still in his prime. But he is what he is, and is limited. If they can find his niche and the best ways to use him, and do that consistently, keep him, but probably with a redone contract, as his impact/production won't match his cap number either. If he balks, look to trade him.
Trade to who? If GB thinks his production doesn't match his contract value, why would SF or Tennessee not feel the same way?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade to who? If GB thinks his production doesn't match his contract value, why would SF or Tennessee not feel the same way?

A team where he's a fit and has lots of cap room. If he is traded, my money's on Oakland.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YerdTjompsonisdirectorofFotbslloperations. packer president CEO has givern Ted Tjompsom ful auithirity over packer fotbal operations. Aropn Rodgers kmow thjis. he wouldnot go ditrvptly toa,msark amurphjyfconcernoing anything aboutpacker otbl operationsw. Aron woiuld go to his headCosch mike Murphy. There is chnain of com mand inPackerorganoization. Arom IUpsgers ahs ben wqithapcker aince 206, he knowshowthe pakcer organmioztionworks.
Well said.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
YerdTjompsonisdirectorofFotbslloperations. packer president CEO has givern Ted Tjompsom ful auithirity over packer fotbal operations. Aropn Rodgers kmow thjis. he wouldnot go ditrvptly toa,msark amurphjyfconcernoing anything aboutpacker otbl operationsw. Aron woiuld go to his headCosch mike Murphy. There is chnain of com mand inPackerorganoization. Arom IUpsgers ahs ben wqithapcker aince 206, he knowshowthe pakcer organmioztionworks.
Phil, are you OK healthwise? this is not your usual posting style.
And yes, Aaron is a dutiful little soldier and would most likely follow the chain of command or jump to snide comments in the press before he goes to Murphy about Ted. Murphy most likely would still back Ted publicly as no one player is above the Packers as an organization.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was really a fun read, posted by the News Bot.

Makes me wonder what some of the Packers on the roster during Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers careers will be saying in 40-50 years, if not sooner.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-a-beast/442b5a39-c6a8-4635-821b-4755e8928021

I will go as far to say Ted Thompson will be the most hated GM in Packers history. When people look back, they will see a guy who failed with a generational QB. I'd call the Packers this generations Atlanta Braves. Except they at least got to a few WS and failed. Failure is the one word I'll always think of during his tenure.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I will go as far to say Ted Thompson will be the most hated GM in Packers history. When people look back, they will see a guy who failed with a generational QB. I'd call the Packers this generations Atlanta Braves. Except they at least got to a few WS and failed. Failure is the one word I'll always think of during his tenure.
Did you actually read the article cited? He really threw Devine under the bus. Sherman was no GM expert either. And he had Favre in his prime! Long way to go b4 Ted is the worst GM in GB history.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you actually read the article cited? He really threw Devine under the bus. Sherman was no GM expert either. And he had Favre in his prime! Long way to go b4 Ted is the worst GM in GB history.

Yeah, he really tore up Devine. Makes me wonder how he got the HC job, and lasted as long as he did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts