I am so pissed off at Ted Thompson...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that ship may have already sailed and we have to come to the conclusion that TT and the Packers think that their current group + House and a rookie or two will improve the situation.
My guess is that Ted thinks that Randall and Rollins will be ready to lead the CB group next year. There are people who think their only problem last year was that they were playing hurt a lot. Ted may be one of them. Maybe they just had the sophomore jinx. Maybe they will take a step or two up this season, it's possible I guess. I don't have a crystal ball. But no way do I believe in this defense until/if they convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew from his interview a while back that he thought Randall and Rollins would be fine this year, and that injuries explained last year. Giving him the excuse to do nothing.
Hope is not a plan.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew from his interview a while back that he thought Randall and Rollins would be fine this year, and that injuries explained last year. Giving him the excuse to do nothing.
Hope is not a plan.
Yep. Call it hope .. or a gamble. Either way, if this is why TT chooses to not make a move and the secondary still sucks, he better be ready to face the music and fully explain why he did nothing to improve the secondary.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's a huge gamble and one that wasn't needed to be taken. Tons of cap space and options in free agency allowed for an upgrade here. To just do nothing points largely to this organizations ineptitude to win a world championship.

Not only do I think Ted Thompson should be gone but so should Mark Murphy for allowing all this crap to happen.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a huge gamble and one that wasn't needed to be taken. Tons of cap space and options in free agency allowed for an upgrade here. To just do nothing points largely to this organizations ineptitude to win a world championship.

Not only do I think Ted Thompson should be gone but so should Mark Murphy for allowing all this crap to happen.
I agree. But I just do not see this happen till GB actually misses the playoffs. Our division is average and Rodgers is elite. That will keep the team in the playoffs despite the odds.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Call it hope .. or a gamble. Either way, if this is why TT chooses to not make a move and the secondary still sucks, he better be ready to face the music and fully explain why he did nothing to improve the secondary.

There's no music for him to face; he has no boss, is unaccountable, and answers to no one.
Who's gonna set him straight? Murphy? LMAO!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well something needs to be done. Call an emergency share holders meeting. Pressure needs to be put on the board. These Clowns have got to be removed before it's too late.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well something needs to be done. Call an emergency share holders meeting. Pressure needs to be put on the board. These Clowns have got to be removed before it's too late.

LOL....I do like your enthusiasm, but do you think the 360,760 stockholders will all come to an informed and unanimous agreement on what should be done, other than "fire or keep TT"? I also doubt taking that action would be recognized by the Packer organization.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I can really see how Rodgers could get fed up with all this ******** and micro-managing the cap so much you become paralyzed. Rodgers needs to make a statement. He already kind of has. Probably why TT ran and got Bennett.

It's gonna take an Aaron Rodgers blow up to get this Thompson out of town.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers losing Rodgers for an extended period of time would justify using it as an excuse for the team coming up short. He's the only player I feel about that way though.

So injuries are no excuse except when they are an excuse...got it.

D

Deleted member 6794

So injuries are no excuse except when they are an excuse...got it.

Geez, you don't understand the difference between your starting quarterback who is a generational talent getting hurt or losing a total of only three week 1 starters at other positions??? :rolleyes:

There's no way any team is able to adequately replace the best player in the league. That shouldn't be true for any other of the 52 on the Packers roster though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess several posters will blame Rodgers of being a Thompson hater now as well. ;)

"We probably need a couple more pieces on defense before the season starts but we're going to be tough to stop on offense." And then him saying how excited he is should be considered a pretty far cry from "We're absolutely screwed. **** TT"

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We probably need a couple more pieces on defense before the season starts but we're going to be tough to stop on offense." And then him saying how excited he is should be considered a pretty far cry from "We're absolutely screwed. **** TT"

Don't think that's a far cry at all. It's as much as that can be officially said without a full blown media war. The fact that he mentioned defence gives a very big hint on how serious he still thinks our position there is.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because Rodgers is going to publicly say we're doomed lol some fans

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Rodgers is going to publicly say we're doomed lol some fans

He didn't say anything negative and your still taking it as negative. In fact he also said how excited he is

And your going to say "lol some fans"? Good lord

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He pointed out a couple pieces missing on defense. Hmmmm, I just wonder what those pieces are? :barefoot:

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't say anything negative and your still taking it as negative. In fact he also said how excited he is

And your going to say "lol some fans"? Good lord

"The defense needs more pieces"

It's not good enough as is to Rodgers. And he's excited about the offense. Keep up

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Good for Aaron for making a public statement regarding "pieces missing on defense".

Now when the **** hits the fan again and our defense can't get off the field on 3rd down again and there is more "heartbreak" this can be referenced.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't say anything that Ted or Mike or anyone else that matters with the Gree Bay front office and coaching staff didn't already know. its still March. The signings in the offensive side of the ball have been bigger in nature, but I think he defense has had 2 good additions and Perry being another important signing.

More cuts are coming and the draft. Anyway, much like all the stuff people tried to extrapolate from the words of AR last year, I doubt he's sending any messages thru the media. Everyone of those guys involved is man and professional enough to handle whatever arises face to face. This is just Rodgers stating what everyone already knows and us discussed

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He didn't say anything that Ted or Mike or anyone else that matters with the Gree Bay front office and coaching staff didn't already know. its still March. The signings in the offensive side of the ball have been bigger in nature, but I think he defense has had 2 good additions and Perry being another important signing.

More cuts are coming and the draft. Anyway, much like all the stuff people tried to extrapolate from the words of AR last year, I doubt he's sending any messages thru the media. Everyone of those guys involved is man and professional enough to handle whatever arises face to face. This is just Rodgers stating what everyone already knows and us discussed

So if it's so "obvious" why are we waiting for some team to cut somebody when all the top guys have all been passed over?

House isn't gonna fix the secondary alone.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The defense needs more pieces"

It's not good enough as is to Rodgers. And he's excited about the offense. Keep up

And that apparently is comparable to people calling for TT job and waving the white flag on the season?

He made a quote about how the D needs a few more pieces. Maybe hes seeing a defense heavy draft in comming and that's were he thinks those pieces may come from. Maybe not.

In any case you're reading WAY to far into an off the cuff comment where he made reference to the fact that they could use some more help on D if you think it's comparable with some of the things said by many detractors

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't say anything that Ted or Mike or anyone else that matters with the Gree Bay front office and coaching staff didn't already know.

Exactly why it's perplexing to posters here and in news media on why the obvious is being ignored. The Top 2 priorities after last season was in DL and CB and neither has been addressed properly. We got House in place of Hyde and RJF to play for the suspended Guion. At best these can be described as marginal improvement and far short of fixing evident weakness. Potentially Rodgers is of the same view and put in a polite comment.

Members online

Latest posts