Howard Green or Johnny Jolly

Which one do you keep? ONLY can choose ONE.

• Jolly

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Green

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we only can keep one of these guys, which one do you want?

Jolly strengths: young, pretty cheap contract, should be hungry as he didn't get the ring this year. He never gets any sacks, but he tips some passes and he's pretty good against the run. Was talented enough to be drafted, unlike Howard.

Jolly downside: out of control, commits some stupid personal foul penalties on the field, is a criminal off the field, a typical Houston ghetto-resident. offers nothing in terms of pass rush.

Big Howard strengths: gigantic, good run-plugger, is able to get to the QB as we saw when he hit Big Ben causing the free Int for Collins. cheap contract

Howard weaknesses: not explosive, was cut by the Jets last season.

This is another reason I love big Howard: look at how much he cares about winning:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we have an eat off. I would say a smoke or drink off but we know who would win that one.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, no reason why we can't have both. Right now, with the near certainty that Jenkins will leave as a FA, our d-line looks like:

Picket
Raji
Neal
Green
Jolly

That's 5. We typically carry 6 d-linemen in this scheme. We could add Wynn, Wilson, and/or a draft pick to round out to 6.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think its disputable that jolly is more talented. Also dont think its disputable that jolly is more of an idiot. Remember the head butt? Man I was pissed.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I like Big Green. He came in and delivered. All heart and plays hard every play. Keep him.

We should devise a goal-line offensive play with him as FB and Raji as RB.

"Fridge" was taken long ago.

Raji is now the "Freezer".

Green would have to be the "Beer truck".

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Big Green. He came in and delivered. All heart and plays hard every play. Keep him.

We should devise a goal-line offensive play with him as FB and Raji as RB.

"Fridge" was taken long ago.

Raji is now the "Freezer".

Green would have to be the "Beer truck".

This is why I'd keep Green if it came down to choosing between the two of them. Jolly has talent, but he is unstable (not on the football field but his antics off the football field). How would it be if we released a guy like Green, who brings it with both barrels and Jolly pulled one of his stunts and got sidelined again? I hope and pray for Jolly's sake that he cleans up and if he comes back this season as a Packer, he takes pride in the privilege and honor it is to be on this team. Right now this is a team that is going to be defending a SB title, with a very real chance of winning it again. We have to choose our players carefully. To me, that spot would go to Green. He is more dependable and reliable at the moment. Jolly has a lot to make up to this team. He let them down, he could of been on that field for the SB win, he let himself down. I guess the joke was on Jolly in that respect. I can't imagine sitting at home and watching your team win the SB and knowing that you could of been down on that field. Hopefully that has brought some sense to him.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think its disputable that jolly is more talented. Also dont think its disputable that jolly is more of an idiot. Remember the head butt? Man I was pissed.
Oh I remember it, it came against the ***** Vikings in 2009 when we lost both games against them.
Had our defense been the same that year as this year, we would have rolled to a Super Bowl then too. Our offense was even better.

Don't forget about CJ Wilson who just had a nice year as a rookie.

And Cullen Jenkins could be back, you never know. So it's feasible there's not space for both Jolly & Green. Jolly Green Giant. That's Howard.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a fan of JJ. Houston gangsta wannabe..

The Green Machine" won'ts it, he won'ts to be part of another championship team"

Members online

Latest posts