How much does the loss of Jordy have to do with our struggles?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this all because we lost Jordy or would we have problems even if Jordy was catching passes this season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There isn't an offense on earth that would function consistently with the offensive line effort we had today.

Jason Comp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this all because we lost Jordy or would we have problems even if Jordy was catching passes this season?
Jordy opens up the field a bit giving them a true threat down the field and with much more precise route running. It also puts Cobb in the slot where he belongs all the time which would help on heavy rush/blitz packages for someone to run hot routes. It may solve a small piece of the offensive woes but there are still a ton of question marks.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's definitely affected the offense, no one knows how much. That would be the magic answer. No doubt our WR's have been sub-par at best this year, but there are other problems. The Oline hasn't played well, and Rodgers has been a little off.

What concerns me for the future is that we have Jordy coming back off an ACL injury next year at age 31. Is he going to be the same as he has been? Will he have lost speed? He might not be as dynamic anymore, and that would be disastrous since we clearly don't have anyone that can step up to the plate, as this year has shown.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
It's definitely affected the offense, no one knows how much. That would be the magic answer. No doubt our WR's have been sub-par at best this year, but there are other problems. The Oline hasn't played well, and Rodgers has been a little off.

What concerns me for the future is that we have Jordy coming back off an ACL injury next year at age 31. Is he going to be the same as he has been? Will he have lost speed? He might not be as dynamic anymore, and that would be disastrous since we clearly don't have anyone that can step up to the plate, as this year has shown.
I thought the same about Jordy. What if he isn't the same but his work dynamic is so great I think he will get himself back to where he was...

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the same about Jordy. What if he isn't the same but his work dynamic is so great I think he will get himself back to where he was...

No doubt his work ethic is superb but father time is undefeated.

Just another reason why I think we might have blown our best shot at another title during Rodgers' time last year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from a nice stretch last year where it seemed out Oline was pass blocking out of their minds for an injured QB, I've always thought they were underperforming and this year is no different. Granted we've had a lot of injuries, but so have other teams and the performances these guys have been putting out this year have been poor to say the least and today was absolutely horrid. Nobody had a chance with that offensive line today.

Reaction score
I think Jordy is in the top 3 factors, which of course implies at least 4 or more factors.
I don't think he himself playing healthy today would've changed the tide, as this is far more convoluted than 1 player can fix IMO.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What other proof do you need? Cobb is half the receiver he was a year ago, and the opposing teams are playing man coverage and succeeding. This opens many options for the opposing DOs, like the blitz packages that are testing our line and making them like like amateurs.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
None, even with Jordy on the field if he is the only reliable receive be doubled all the time because Defenses would know the rest of the the receivers would be no threat, because of issues like not getting open, dropping passes, etc

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's mostly our incredibly banged up OL and Lacy being almost worthless running the ball except for 3 games this year. Nobody respects Eddie running the ball anymore so they don't put extra guys in the box which frees them up to devote additional coverage to our depleted WRs.

Cobb isn't fast enough or big enough to be THE man. Jones isn't what he once was. Adams looks like Boykin 2.0 and nobody else gets a real shot to show what they can do.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None, even with Jordy on the field if he is the only reliable receive be doubled all the time because Defenses would know the rest of the the receivers would be no threat, because of issues like not getting open, dropping passes, etc
But be in Zone instead of man coverage

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If TT and the Packers stand pat on this offense in the off season under the assumption that all it lacks is Jordy, it is going to be a long 2016 Season. O-line, TE and WR all need to be addressed IMO.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would this be a better team with Jordy? Undoubtedly, would it be a really good team with Jordy?....No. Team needs upgrades at a few positions to be SOLID contenders.... We've whiffed on way too many lofty draft picks over the years and getting lucky on a few later rounders doesnt make up for that. We are what we were in 2010, a fringe playoff team that has a chance to get hot in the tourney. IMO thats likely to be the situation for Rodgers remaining QUALITY years. If the organization wanted to really make a bold move HC/GM wise they'd have to do it now or next year. Otherwise we are what we are, an above average franchise with a chance to get hot at the end.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT and the Packers stand pat on this offense in the off season under the assumption that all it lacks is Jordy, it is going to be a long 2016 Season. O-line, TE and WR all need to be addressed IMO.

In other words Rodgers and the tandem of Lacy/Starks are solid? I'm not so sure... Starks is turning the Big three-oh, Lacey has underwhelmed this year, what kind of contract does GB offer him?? We just tied up a TON of money in a tackle and WR who responded with disapponting years....and the best hope seems to be that a 31 yo WR coming off a major knee injury might fix things. Gotta be smart-ER....and lucky....

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other words Rodgers and the tandem of Lacy/Starks are solid? I'm not so sure... Starks is turning the Big three-oh, Lacey has underwhelmed this year, what kind of contract does GB offer him?? We just tied up a TON of money in a tackle and WR who responded with disapponting years....and the best hope seems to be that a 31 yo WR coming off a major knee injury might fix things. Gotta be smart-ER....and lucky....
There needs to be a complete overhaul on this team from a coaching standpoint. Look how quickly things turned around for the Vikings, even with average QB production.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Jordy completely changes the offense against most defenses, but that our offensive shortcomings always cropped up against elite pass defenses.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's mostly our incredibly banged up OL and Lacy being almost worthless running the ball except for 3 games this year. Nobody respects Eddie running the ball anymore so they don't put extra guys in the box which frees them up to devote additional coverage to our depleted WRs.

Cobb isn't fast enough or big enough to be THE man. Jones isn't what he once was. Adams looks like Boykin 2.0 and nobody else gets a real shot to show what they can do.

Nelson also had an impact on the running game. Tough to attack the run when you need atleast one safety dedicated to Nelson on every play.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a part of it but certainly not the sole reason. Jordy draws a lot of double coverage and catches balls others cannot. He also can stretch the field. But as a great receiving corps turns over little by little it grows weaker. Five years ago Nelson was only one of five. Now he is the cream of the crop. Rodgers was so spoiled with great receiving talent. Much more than Favre. In 2011 Jennings was our big gun followed by Finley and Driver. And then Jones and Cobb. Nelson could have a 2-3 week injury and it did not phase the offense. Being able to spread the ball made it very ******* defenses. But as you can see after great receivers depart due to age or injury or free agency they are hard to replace with equal talent. That is why I admire Brady for being able to continue that offense when his talent leaves.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a part of it but certainly not the sole reason. Jordy draws a lot of double coverage and catches balls others cannot. He also can stretch the field. But as a great receiving corps turns over little by little it grows weaker. Five years ago Nelson was only one of five. Now he is the cream of the crop. Rodgers was so spoiled with great receiving talent. Much more than Favre. In 2011 Jennings was our big gun followed by Finley and Driver. And then Jones and Cobb. Nelson could have a 2-3 week injury and it did not phase the offense. Being able to spread the ball made it very ******* defenses. But as you can see after great receivers depart due to age or injury or free agency they are hard to replace with equal talent. That is why I admire Brady for being able to continue that offense when his talent leaves.
Let's not pretend he's the same QB without Gronk or Moss. He's had many a season with TD/INT ratios far below what Rodgers has posted this year.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not pretend he's the same QB without Gronk or Moss. He's had many a season with TD/INT ratios far below what Rodgers has posted this year.

TD/INT ratio is deceiving at times... Brady will throw an interception before losing a game on a sack, Rodgers will do the opposite more often than not and lean toward being safe with the football. Is either of them right or wrong? Not sure, I think there are good and bad to both ways of logic.

You can't compare them directly... they play different competition with different circumstances, and defenses with different coaches. The only thing you can really say they are both very talented.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was this posted to the right thread? Seems obviously about Brady, but I don't see from where.

In any case, even without Moss (so let's discard the '07-'09 seasons, which eliminates a SB loss and two non-appearances), he's done pretty well. And, although I now see Un4GivN addressed it already, I can't believe you're going with the TD/Int ratio as a metric.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was this posted to the right thread? Seems obviously about Brady, but I don't see from where.

In any case, even without Moss (so let's discard the '07-'09 seasons, which eliminates a SB loss and two non-appearances), he's done pretty well. And, although I now see Un4GivN addressed it already, I can't believe you're going with the TD/Int ratio as a metric.
Because Brady's is exponentially better with a top of the class receiver on the field. Saying the offense doesn't falter at all without them is ridiculous.

I'd say the TD/INT ratio is as good a measuring stick as any. Any stat can be deceiving if you over-analyze it.