How much does the loss of Jordy have to do with our struggles?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First paragraph, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If he's worse without Moss (your example), why does eliminating the Moss years change his record from 14 years/4 wins/2 losses to 11 years/4 wins/ 1 loss?

Second paragraph, completely agree with the second sentence, completely disagree with the first (other than the fact that you include "I'd say", and nobody can effectively argue against an opinon).

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this a mile away when 1) Julio Jones basically won the game for ATL and 2) OBJ Basically "lost" the game for NYG by being suspended.

To your question. A LOt. like... ALOT.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this a mile away when 1) Julio Jones basically won the game for ATL and 2) OBJ Basically "lost" the game for NYG by being suspended.

To your question. A LOt. like... ALOT.

Who's question is this answering... Just out of curiosity.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't compare them directly... they play different competition with different circumstances, and defenses with different coaches. The only thing you can really say they are both very talented.

... and one of them is a major *****/*********.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First paragraph, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If he's worse without Moss (your example), why does eliminating the Moss years change his record from 14 years/4 wins/2 losses to 11 years/4 wins/ 1 loss?

Second paragraph, completely agree with the second sentence, completely disagree with the first (other than the fact that you include "I'd say", and nobody can effectively argue against an opinon).
Because there are 21 other starters out there. Someone made the statement that the offense didn't miss a beat when the stars weren't around, and that's simply not true. Look at 2013-Gronk was out for most of the year, and he had a QB Rating of 87, worse than what Rodgers has.

Cobbosanlucas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy's presence would definitely help improve the team, but there are still a plethora of deficiencies which need to be addressed. Cobb and Lacy have, for the most part, been rubbish this year. Lacy seems to lack the explosiveness he demonstrated last year. James Jones still has good hands but he's too slow to be effective against elite defenses. The O-line has been banged up yet again this year. I'm seriously beginning to question their fitness and durability. In fact, durability seems to be an issue right across the board with the Packers. I don't think all of the team's weaknesses can be addressed through the draft. I think TT has to dip his toe into the free agent waters during the off season.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it's had an impact but not big enough to blame all the offense's dysfunction on. The biggest thing we miss is his ability on the outside to catch the comebackers/back shoulder throws. They are a must in this offense. Adams has failed miserably at that. Next I would say it's been a trickle down effect as far as who covers who. Jordy would definitely get the top DB from the opposing team, leaving Adams and Cobb with #2 or #3. Now you have those guys getting #1 or #2. There's usually a pretty substantial drop off from your #1 corner to #2. Think Shields to Randall.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok no one wants to say it but are thinking it yet still don't want to say it. Its Rodgers he has been off all year and also the multiple drop passes and wrong route running. He is having a statistically bad year compared to the numbers we are so used to see from AR. He can escape anything in the past and find some one open and then alot of YAC. He creates it and it might be sad to say a little but we go as far as AR takes us. I think a look at the strength and conditioning coach might need a re-tool, frequent injuries to a lot of our players limit is each year of potential Super Bowl runs, but I digest.. Cheers and GO PAck GO!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief, one more thing I have to take into consideration in attributing someone's meaning, and I'm color-blind!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

A simple way to answer the OP's question is to insert Jordy's number from last year into the Packers offense:

98 catches
1,519 yards
15.5 ave. yards/catch
13 touchdowns

So my answer would be a resounding "Yes", it has changed a lot of things on offense. Now had Adams or Jones stepped in and had similar numbers, then I would say "No". Even Cobb doesn't have the same numbers as last year, most in part to defenses being able to play a "Jordyless Packers" Call it a domino effect, but the Packers did not successfully replace Jordy, his stats or his impact of how teams defense our offense. So IMO, it would be very hard to debate otherwise, that the loss of Jordy did not have a large impact on the offense.

Has it been the only reason for the 5 losses? No. But if Jordy is on the field in 2015, our offense is much better and we probably win some of the tighter games.

I hope this is a lesson moving forward for TT, lose your #1 receiver and you better either have a suitable replacement

or start looking for one soon. Jones was probably the best option out there at the time (without a trade) but thinking

that Adams would make up for the loss of Jordy has turned out to be a fatal mistake.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A simple way to answer the OP's question is to insert Jordy's number from last year into the Packers offense:

98 catches
1,519 yards
15.5 ave. yards/catch
13 touchdowns

So my answer would be a resounding "Yes", it has changed a lot of things on offense. Now had Adams or Jones stepped in and had similar numbers, then I would say "No". Even Cobb doesn't have the same numbers as last year, most in part to defenses being able to play a "Jordyless Packers" Call it a domino effect, but the Packers did not successfully replace Jordy, his stats or his impact of how teams defense our offense. So IMO, it would be very hard to debate otherwise, that the loss of Jordy did not have a large impact on the offense.

Has it been the only reason for the 5 losses? No. But if Jordy is on the field in 2015, our offense is much better and we probably win some of the tighter games.

I hope this is a lesson moving forward for TT, lose your #1 receiver and you better either have a suitable replacement

or start looking for one soon. Jones was probably the best option out there at the time (without a trade) but thinking

that Adams would make up for the loss of Jordy has turned out to be a fatal mistake.
The receivers aren't absolutely horrific, but they are a group with average size and athleticism and don't present any matchup problems. And as much as I like to complain, there wasn't really much more he could do to make up for the loss of Jordy.

One of the big issues is the TE position. Those guys are natural mismatches, and Rodgers is just dead weight out there. If he had even average mobility, he would give Rodgers a target and somebody for the defenses to worry about. Getting a better TE in the draft seems more realistic than him finding a guy who can pick up Jordy's slack if he goes out again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The receivers aren't absolutely horrific, but they are a group with average size and athleticism and don't present any matchup problems.

One of the big issues is the TE position. Getting a better TE in the draft seems more realistic than him finding a guy who can pick up Jordy's slack if he goes out again.

Again, Domino effect. Short of Quarles being out and he isn't a Pro Bowl tight end, the Packers have had to rely on others to pick up the slack when Jordy went out, nobody has. This is pretty much the same so-so TE's that Rodgers has had for most of his career and until this year, did just fine. So I do agree with you, the Packers need to find a TE to contribute more then the current ones have, but I was just answering the OP's question and I still keep coming to the same conclusion, The 2015 Packers lost too much when Jordy went down and were poorly equipped to handle the loss. Jordy plays and we are looking at a completely different offense this year.

I think we would be having a similar discussion if Rodgers (not Jordy) was the one lost for the season, but it makes the analysis much more simple and easier to stomach, lose your #1 QB on an average offense, season done. This was just a case of lose your #1 WR and not have any other weapons to take his place.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, Domino effect. Short of Quarles being out and he isn't a Pro Bowl tight end, the Packers have had to rely on others to pick up the slack when Jordy went out, nobody has. This is pretty much the same so-so TE's that Rodgers has had for most of his career and until this year, did just fine. So I do agree with you, the Packers need to find a TE to contribute more then the current ones have, but I was just answering the OP's question and I still keep coming to the same conclusion, The 2015 Packers lost too much when Jordy went down and were poorly equipped to handle the loss. Jordy plays and we are looking at a completely different offense this year.
Agreed, I was on the same page as you. Hopefully they will be addressing that position next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I look at what happened to the Cowboys on offense this year with the loss of Romo and Bryant for a good stretch of the year, unless you are the New England Patriots, it is hard to recover from the loss of 1 or 2 of your best offensive weapons. I don't think anyone saw this coming when Jordy went down, because so much was expected out of Adams, Jones and Cobb. But the Packers offense this year is the same one it put on the field last year + experience but less Jordy. The math is simple to me. Hard to stomach that the loss of one guy can have that kind of effect but another way to look at it would be, what would the Packers record have been last year had this same thing happened?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at what happened to the Cowboys on offense this year with the loss of Romo and Bryant for a good stretch of the year, unless you are the New England Patriots, it is hard to recover from the loss of 1 or 2 of your best offensive weapons. I don't think anyone saw this coming when Jordy went down, because so much was expected out of Adams, Jones and Cobb. But the Packers offense this year is the same one it put on the field last year + experience but less Jordy. The math is simple to me. Hard to stomach that the loss of one guy can have that kind of effect but another way to look at it would be, what would the Packers record have been last year had this same thing happened?

I just wish they could fix the things that ARE correctable. Holding penalties, accurate passes, turnovers (though that was really only bad the last game). I just want to see this team play to their potential just one time for 60 minutes and then I think I'd have a much better idea of what they are capable of.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sadly, it seems like the Packers season has been spent trying to get their offense to play up to it's potential and in most cases it hasn't. We all keep hoping that the offenses magic switch gets turned on "this game", but as Un4GivN points out, due to mental mistakes and for the most part, each player not playing up to their potential, this is one big heavy switch and may never be flipped this year.

The defensive players have been super supportive in the media, but you really have to wonder what is going through their heads this year when they are standing on the sidelines watching this offense.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
time to rally. losing Jordy hurt us very bad. leadership with the young guys hasn't been replaced. nobody has the timing with Rodgers, that Nelson has. And the deep threat. Nobody stepped up. Its a breakdown in the system.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Nelson was big; not only losing a player of his caliber, but the trickle down effect it had on the rest of the receivers and on the passing game as a whole.
- Cobb ,Adams and co. were not able to handle the increased responsibility, attention from opposing defenses, or changes in their roles.
- not one member of this offence performed either up to past performance or this year's expectations. Nagging injuries were partly to blame for the drop off, but overall it was too big a decline to be explained simply or for any one reason.
-coaching issues, communication problems , play calling? Not enough info to specifically point fingers, but there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire.
Lots of problems exposed this season. The same ol', same ol' off season approach will not be sufficient this time around.