Hey Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was on the Dallas Cowboy website they have a sequence of pics of the catch and whole process, they missing one pic. where Bryant lost control of the ball. I guess that don't count to them. Anyway the call finally goes our way!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ball is on ground ( not in pic) but u know its going to hit ground b4 goal line

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I love laughing at crying Cowboys fans, this is great. They want so bad for this to be up for debate, when the fact is, its not even a question, the ball was indisputably incomplete according to the rulebook.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A catch but per rule it isn't

All experts say correct by rule but rule is wrong

Yup, which is still pretty dumb. I mean, the ball bounced off the ground and out of his hands, how the **** could it even possibly be a catch? Great call, great challenge, great Dez Bryant choke for the ages.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

THEHEREAFTER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. Dallas did not lose the game because of the one call. We had several opportunities to sieze control of the game. This usually comes back to bite you against really good teams like GB. I have nothing but the highest praise for your QB. He's simply awesome. Yes.. that was a catch! No it wasn't the sole reason we lost. People keep shouting "the rule ... the rule...letter of the law etc.".. IT WASN'T INTERPRETED CORRECTLY. This was a catch, three stumbling strides with complete ball security and a lunge to the goal line. Dez made the exact same play week 7 vs. the Giants. In the end. Congrats to GB for making the plays to win the game. I hate for such a great matchup to be clouded by a controversial call win or lose.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this link and watch the video clip: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/1/11...ersial-catch-cowboys-packers-was-that-a-catch

It explains why it was a catch. The ball hits the ground at the same moment as Dez's knee and elbow.

But it doesn't matter because to comets the process of the catch the ball can't hit the turf and bounce out of his hands. Fact.

What is hard about this? Ball hitting ground and bouncing out if hands = incompletion. It doesn't matter if his knee and elbow hit, because by losing the ball off the ground he fails to cometr the process of the catch.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. Dallas did not lose the game because of the one call. We had several opportunities to sieze control of the game. This usually comes back to bite you against really good teams like GB. I have nothing but the highest praise for your QB. He's simply awesome. Yes.. that was a catch! No it wasn't the sole reason we lost. People keep shouting "the rule ... the rule...letter of the law etc.".. IT WASN'T INTERPRETED CORRECTLY. This was a catch, three stumbling strides with complete ball security and a lunge to the goal line. Dez made the exact same play week 7 vs. the Giants. In the end. Congrats to GB for making the plays to win the game. I hate for such a great matchup to be clouded by a controversial call win or lose.

INTERPRETATION DOES NOT MATTER. HIS KNEE AND ELBOW FAILED TO MATTER WHEN THE BALL HIT THE GROUND AND POPPED OUT OF HIS HANDS.

There is no debate, per the rulebook, it is incomplete, it hit the ground and bounced out if his hands. Incomplete. Fact.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it matter if it bounced out of your hands if you have a knee down?

No. Because by by letting it hit the ground he failed to ever establish possession.

Keep up boys fans, this isn't complicated.

Ball + ground = incompletion

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all seen plays where the balls come out but the receiver has been ruled down. At which point are they considered down?

Not looking to argue, just trying to understand

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas has the second youngest roster in the league but I realize this is a Packer forum and your day to have fun.

And one of the worst cap situation in sports, do you even know at how much if a cap hit Jerry Jones pushed out towards the future by restructuring all those contracts?

You have a tiny window of opportunity before the cap comes and levels your ***.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all seen plays where the balls come out but the receiver has been ruled down. At which point are they considered down?

Not looking to argue, just trying to understand

Yes but the ball directly hitting the ground on his way down from the catch is why it is incomplete, forget the fact that it popped out, it doesn't matter, the WR was falling from the catch and let the ball hit the ground, therefore it is an easy call to make.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but the ball directly hitting the ground on his way down from the catch is why it is incomplete, forget the fact that it popped out, it doesn't matter, the WR was falling from the catch and let the ball hit the ground, therefore it is an easy call to make.
Obviously not that easy for me. I thought he had it under control in his left hand and took steps.
But let's park this I can conceded that I may be wrong, and I'm not interested In Trolling or arguing on your turf because I want to check in occasionally when the Romo haters become too much on the Dallas forums.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously not that easy for me. I thought he had it under control in his left hand and took steps.
But let's park this I can conceded that I may be wrong, and I'm not interested I. Trolling or arguing on your turf because I want to check in occasionally when the Romo haters become too much on the Dallas forums.

The amount of steps dont matter, he was falling during the catch and upon hitting the ground the ball hit the ground, it is that simple.

Yea, I really don't understand Cowboys fans that hate Romo, I've gotten to watch Favre and Rodgers my entire life, and Romo still amazes me at times. Should be a HOFer for sure.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure he'll even make it through next season, how many times can Jerry rebuild him. Time to draft a good rookie to understudy maybe.

THEHEREAFTER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Because by by letting it hit the ground he failed to ever establish possession.

Keep up boys fans, this isn't complicated.

Ball + ground = incompletion

He clearly established control well before he hit the ground. The last lunge was an attempt to score. Once again, congrats on the win. GB has an outstanding team but to claim there is ZERO GREY with this call is laughable. There is a rule in place. The interpretation has some grey. This was not an example of falling while catching or bobbling looking to gain control. This was clear catch first, stumbling then lunging for the end zone.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Cowboys played well. They are a very good team. The Packers had to earn it and that makes the victory taste all the sweeter.

It would have been even sweeter for me had that dumb rule not been in effect and Bryant got credit for the catch. Presumably the Cowboys would have scored then Aaron Rodgers would be himself, march the team down the field on a time consuming drive and the Packers would win with a last minute field goal. How sweet would that have been? Now, instead of giving the Packers credit for coming back and Rodgers credit for his amazing display in the second half, all we hear about is "the rule".

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He clearly established control well before he hit the ground. The last lunge was an attempt to score. Once again, congrats on the win. GB has an outstanding team but to claim there is ZERO GREY with this call is laughable. There is a rule in place. The interpretation has some grey. This was not an example of falling while catching or bobbling looking to gain control. This was clear catch first, stumbling then lunging for the end zone.

If he would have hit the ground without the ball hitting the ground, you would be right.

But that didn't happen, he caught the ball, fell and the ball hit the ground, the amount of steps he took doesn't matter, because he didn't complete the process of the catch. Fact. No grey area, just a WR who couldn't complete the process of what would have been.a great catch, if he was a better WR, maybe he could have made sure it didn't hit the ground nullifying the catch, but he didn't.

I know you don't like it, but it is a simple fact, by letting the ball hit the ground and pop out, he didn't complete the process if the catch. Now act like a man and deal with it.

Reaction score
But let's park this I can conceded that I may be wrong, and I'm not interested In Trolling or arguing on your turf because I want to check in occasionally when the Romo haters become too much on the Dallas forums.

From what I understand, they decided that Bryant's steps were him stumbling, rather than running, ie. he couldn't have stayed up if he wanted to (which is correct, otherwise he would've just ran into the endzone) and that's why they didn't take the steps into account.

Honestly, I don't think you can dispute the call because Buck & Aikman, the guys in the Sky Sports studio (you said you live in England, I think), the referee, and Mike Pereira (I know he kinda has a vested interest) (guys who probably know a lot more about the rules and the game than you or I) all agreed it was incomplete after multiple replays.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the view that this wouldn't necessarily have been the game winner, anyhow? Lots of time left for a Packer offense that was hitting on all cylinders and a maximum 3-point 'Boy lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online