Hey Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make no mistake, if the Dez Bryant didn't choke away that catch Cowboys fans would be running their mouths loudly and proudly.
I don't think it would have mattered. Even if Dallas scored, the last drive that killed the clock showed that the Packers likely would have driven right down the field for a game-winning FG or TD anyway.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree about the catch but I'm not going to argue with you. But I agree that Detroit got shafted by the picked up flag and it tainted our victory.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it would have mattered. Even if Dallas scored, the last drive that killed the clock showed that the Packers likely would have driven right down the field for a game-winning FG or TD anyway.

Yea, but id way rather it happen how it happened then have to trust Crosby in that weather. Not that Crosby is bad but our whole kicking unit has been.shaky this season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not being a troll either. I no longer have a horse in this race. With the way GB and Dallas played today neither would have a chance in Seattle. They are simply on another level right now and healthy playing at home.

The Panthers gave them all they could handle for 54 minutes. What makes you think they are on another level? We are a more complete team than we were in Week 1 and they aren't who they were last year. Hell, even Dallas won in Seattle.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree about the catch but I'm not going to argue with you. But I agree that Detroit got shafted by the picked up flag and it tainted our victory.

You disagreeing about the catch, is like you disagreeing about the earth being round, it doesn't matter because you are wrong.

Facts are facts, when Dez bounced the ball off the ground and momentarily out if his hands, he failed to complete the process of the catch, that is fact. Who the **** cares if you agree or not?

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I think we will be seeing more of each other in the post season for the next few years."

Thanks, I hope so.

Last edited:

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Who the **** cares if you agree or not?"

It seems you do.

No, not really. Just letting you know that your opinion is worthless in the face of facts. Dez by rule did not complete the catch. No opinions nessecary.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know. But we are talking about Cowboy fans here. Throw logic out the window. They are going to be crying conspiracy theory until the cows come home and all we'll hear about is "Refs cost us the game" for weeks, much like the bad call that cost the Lions last weekend's game on that obvious P.I.

Fact is, we played the wrong team today. We should have been playing the Panthers. The Cowboys are frauds and we exposed their fraud defense today with a one legged MVP QB.

That doesn't change the fact that had the same call gone against Cobb or Nelson 3/4 of the Packers fans would be *****ing just as loudly.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read the thread. I agree that the rules say it was an incomplete catch. But it was a catch. The rule sucks.
Dez caught it, took two steps with the ball under control and then the ball hits the ground and comes loose.

I have no argument with the ref's decision, I don't like the rule though.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't choked away. He caught it but the rules say it was incomplete. Those rules didn't work for us this week, they didn't work for the Lions last week. Just the way it goes.

D Adams had an interesting comment in his locker room interview. Her said something to the effect of if Bryant hadn't made the stretch to the goal line he probably would have come down with the ball so his extra effort actually cost him. Makes sense if you watch it. If he doesn't stretch out the ball maybe comes down on his arm instead of hitting the ground which knocks it loose.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that had the same call gone against Cobb or Nelson 3/4 of the Packers fans would be *****ing just as loudly.

I wouldn't. Some would, yes. But I wouldn't. Are you confident that the Cowboys defense could have stopped the Packers O with 3 minutes left (best case, FG wins it for GB at the end, worst case, FG ties it or we score a TD and win) assuming Dallas makes/misses 2 point conversion. Rodgers was hot in the second half, I wouldnt be confident in the Cowboys D in stopping our offense. Cowboys D didn't really stop us the entire second half. Rodgers was hot.

Anyway, I never blame the Refs. One play doesn't make an entire game. If we lost due to that, I would have thought back and wondered about the plays we missed throughout the game.

In other words, don't put yourself into a situation where a controversial call is possible.

Sky King

Reaction score
Read the thread. I agree that the rules say it was an incomplete catch. But it was a catch. The rule sucks.
Dex caught it, took two steps with the ball under control and then the ball hits the ground and comes loose.

Fair enough. Pondering the current rule would it be easier to enforce than an alternative? No matter how it is enforced there will be two teams and their fans who will not like the final decision in the future. And it will just be a matter of time before it happens again in the playoffs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dez caught it, took two steps with the ball under control and then the ball hits the ground and comes loose.

Is there such a thing as an incomplete catch. Its either a catch or it is not a catch.:D On the other hand maybe this is the definition of an incomplete catch. He caught the ball but he didn't complete catching the ball so its an incomplete catch.

Just giving you crap man. You're taking it well and I give you credit for that. Its tough to lose on a play like that whether you agree with it or not.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an incomplete catch. Its either a catch or it is not a catch.:D On the other hand maybe this is the definition of an incomplete catch. He caught the ball but he didn't complete catching the ball so its an incomplete catch.

Just giving you crap man. You're taking it well and I give you credit for that. Its tough to lose on a play like that whether you agree with it or not.

You're right. It was a catch according to the eye but not according to the rules.

It's cool. I'm gutted, but considering what was expected from the Cowboys this season I'm also really pleased with the season we had. Lots of Mondays spent smiling thanks to Romo and the lads.

I'm only poking my nose in here because I genuinely like your team and wanted to wish you luck. I know we true-blue fans are meant to hate everyone who isn't in the same jersey, but I think a lot of us are above that. Not that I'd ever lower myself to commenting in a Philly or Skins forum.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They didn't lose on that play. There was 4+ minutes left in the game. They could have forced us to punt and got the ball back, but they didn't.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You're right. It was a catch according to the eye but not according to the rules.

It's cool. I'm gutted, but considering what was expected from the Cowboys this season I'm also really pleased with the season we had. Lot's of Mondays spent smiling thanks to Romo and the lads.

I'm only poking my nose in here because I genuinely like your team and wanted to wish you luck. I know we true-blue fans are meant to hate everyone who isn't in the same jersey, but I think a lot of us are above that. Not that I'd ever lower myself to commenting in a Philly or Skins forum.

Good luck next season Beagle.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's cool. I'm gutted, but considering what was expected from the Cowboys this season I'm also really pleased with the season we had. Lot's of Mondays spent smiling thanks to Romo and the lads.

Fans can be civil if they want to be. You genuinely like our team but I don't reciprocate. The only team I dislike more than the cowboys is the vikings. Even so, I would never go onto a cowboy forum and tell fans to get over it because I know if the call would have gone against the Packers the majority of Packers fans would be *****ing about it as well. I will not hesitate to give the cowboys props in this game. They played hard and we had to fight our ***** off to win. Its a credit to the good team they have and though I can't speak for anyone else with what was expected of them I don't think any cowboy fan can be disappointed in the season as a whole. Disappointed with how it ended yeah but it was still a great season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beagle, you're a class act. Your team played a helluva game today, and their future is bright. I expect them to extend Garrett and his staff, and to make adding talent on defense the focus of their offseason.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't lose on that play. There was 4+ minutes left in the game. They could have forced us to punt and got the ball back, but they didn't.

I know that, its just the perception. If you knew anything about me (and I haven't been around long for you to know much about me) you would know that I am one of the most vocal anti "we lost because of that play" guys around. I have NEVER seen a game that was won or lost on one play. Not even the Fail Mary game. Not even the TJ Rubly game not even the Instant Replay Game. There has never been a game where 1 play and 1 play only was the reason a team won or lost. There are ALWAYS other plays that go right or wrong that have an impact on the game.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans can be civil if they want to be. You genuinely like our team but I don't reciprocate. The only team I dislike more than the cowboys is the vikings. Even so, I would never go onto a cowboy forum and tell fans to get over it because I know if the call would have gone against the Packers the majority of Packers fans would be *****ing about it as well. I will not hesitate to give the cowboys props in this game. They played hard and we had to fight our ***** off to win. Its a credit to the good team they have and though I can't speak for anyone else with what was expected of them I don't think any cowboy fan can be disappointed in the season as a whole. Disappointed with how it ended yeah but it was still a great season.

Good post.
Fandom is a largely illogical thing right? I have no idea why the Buffalo Bills make me want to change channels.
I'm English, I live in England. But I've supported the Cowboys for 30 years. Travelled to the States to see them play a dozen times (all in New York/Jersey - never been to Texas), saw them in London this Summer. The Franchise has no idea who I am, the pennies I spend on them are largely irrelevant to it. But I sit up until 3 am in the morning to cheer on the Cowboys and I feel good if 'we' win and bad if 'we' lose.
None of it makes much sense, but it's part of who we are.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beagle, you're a class act. Your team played a helluva game today, and their future is bright. I expect them to extend Garrett and his staff, and to make adding talent on defense the focus of their offseason.
I'd like to be this positive. But I think we'll let Murray go and I think Romo and Whitten have peaked. We have no stars on defence. It's only really the OL and the receiving corps that gives cause for optimism. I think this year was our best shot at a ring, at least until the Romo years are over.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to be this positive. But I think we'll let Murray go and I think Romo and Whitten have peaked. We have no stars on defence. It's only really the OL and the receiving corps that gives cause for optimism. I think this year was our best shot at a ring, at least until the Romo years are over.

If I may ask, how are you Boys fans going to view Romo once he's gone? Assuming he doesn't make a SB run of course.

I have always viewed him as a HOFer who doesn't get nearly the recognition he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online