Hey Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I may ask, how are you Boys fans going to view Romo once he's gone? Assuming he doesn't make a SB run of course.

I have always viewed him as a HOFer who doesn't get nearly the recognition he deserves.

We agree on this. I think a HOFer who carried the team for some years and who was made a scapegoat by the worst of the Cowboys fans. I can't see that he'll get another shot though. There were at least three games this season where I thought he was finished, hobbling around like an old woman.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo has always been given too much blame and not enough credit. Helluva QB, and one tough SOB, too.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to add to that. There's a very defined positive and negative camp amongst the Cowboys fans. A certain faction who goes for the 'America's team' BS believe we have a god given right to be in the playoffs and if we don't get there then everyone's an idiot, especially Romo.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo has always been given too much blame and not enough credit. Helluva QB, and one tough SOB, too.

The guy is Favre incarnate, only contrary to popular belief, Romo isn't near the choker Favre was. (And if he won/wins a SB he will be right up their with him as far as legacy goes, well, maybe not, but he should be.)

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to add to that. There's a very defined positive and negative camp amongst the Cowboys fans. A certain faction who goes for the 'America's team' BS believe we have a god given right to be in the playoffs and if we don't get there then everyone's an idiot, especially Romo.

I feel you here bruh, Packers don't win the SB and suddenly everyone needs to be fired/cut/traded.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's late here and I'm going to catch some of the Broncos/Colts game before turning in.
Thanks for letting me hang here for a while and for letting me talk Cowboys.

Good luck in Seattle, I'll be rooting for you.

Sky King

Reaction score
We agree on this. I think a HOFer who carried the team for some years and who was made a scapegoat by the worst of the Cowboys fans. I can't see that he'll get another shot though. There were at least three games this season where I thought he was finished, hobbling around like an old woman.
I was a doubter myself but he won me over today. I can't lie. I'm glad the Cowboys lost because the Packers won. The Cowboys played well enough to win against most teams. And that makes me glad that Rodgers is our QB.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's late here and I'm going to catch some of the Broncos/Colts game before turning in.

Thanks for the support!

Be proud of your Cowboys. I had them pegged for 6 wins max. I thought their defense, historically bad last season, had taken a big step backwards with the loss of Lee and Ware. Instead they go and have one of their best seasons in some time. Although I have never 'forgiven' the Cowboys for beating us in the playoffs back in the Aikman/Smith years, I have to admit - they looked very good.

Reaction score
Listen, it's a tough break. All NFL fans have had them. That rule could've applied to either team. It just so happened to be Dallas. No guarantees they would've won because we could've scored again as seen on the last drive where we took a knee in FG range. Out of respect very good game by Dallas they fought hard and were very close in talent and execution. Us Packer fans need to tone down and take the high road or Mother Nature will come back and nip us in the butt

Kimbo Blubbeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This.

Not to be cynical but most people who are really into football have very low IQ's and treat football as old school tribal warfare.

I posted a little bit on cowboys-forum.com but the stupidity was so high there, I had to leave. I saw a few posts of people wanting to fire the entire coaching staff. Nobody understands how hard it is to even be one of the final eight teams and to be in a good position to get into the conference championship game.

Anyway, yeah Cowboy fans are ridiculous. It's no wonder everybody hates us. I'm a fan but I'm more a football fan than just the Cowboys. I admire seeing top quarterbacks like Rodgers throw a dime into double coverage for the game winning touchdown, even though it's against "my team". Most other fans can't appreciate it and start whining about the refs or how somebody needs to be fired. They can't just sit back and enjoy it. It's all silly. I haven't gotten upset over a sports game on TV since I was in middle school.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Romo will always be in that Danny White and Don Meredith category. A good QB who could never win the big one.

cowboysfan628

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You told Lions fans to "Get over it" regarding last weekends bad calls. Well, the same thing applies to you, so "Get over it"

The better team won. Go home and enjoy your 8-8 season next year. Romo and Witten's window of opportunity is getting mighty small.
I agree best team won today.You completely dominated us the whole game.I only hope we can win at least one game next year

cowboysfan628

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You told Lions fans to "Get over it" regarding last weekends bad calls. Well, the same thing applies to you, so "Get over it"

The better team won. Go home and enjoy your 8-8 season next year. Romo and Witten's window of opportunity is getting mighty small.
Yeah I know. But we are talking about Cowboy fans here. Throw logic out the window. They are going to be crying conspiracy theory until the cows come home and all we'll hear about is "Refs cost us the game" for weeks, much like the bad call that cost the Lions last weekend's game on that obvious P.I.

Fact is, we played the wrong team today. We should have been playing the Panthers. The Cowboys are frauds and we exposed their fraud defense today with a one legged MVP QB.
Frauds? Wow what classy winners you are.Your team played great your qb is a warrior but I dont think the Cowboys are a fraud sorry.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frauds? Wow what classy winners you are.Your team played great your qb is a warrior but I dont think the Cowboys are a fraud sorry.

Frauds maybe not, as I certainly thought they were a dangerous team, but your team is on borrowed time. This is the twilight of a window of opportunity that Jerry Jones pushed alot of money outwards for, you better win a SB before the cap levels you.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for stopping by bro. Nice to see a level headed Cowboy fan here.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all your laughing at delusional Cowpies fans needs.

Join me! As I watch Dez Bryant foolishly let the ball hit the ground while trying to cross the plane in delight!
Let us drink the sweet salty tears of the pitiful boys fans and their butterfingered WR, let us laugh at their decaying roster and 35 year old QB, but most of all, let us laugh at the clownshow that is Jerry Jones!

Ahh Cowboys, thank you so much for your most gracious of chokes, may you fare better in your next playoff venture in 11 years.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Megatron "catch that wasn't" a few years back and the ensuing controversy followed by the explanation that lasted for weeks how anyone can be confused or not understand how that was an incomplete pass is an utter mystery to me and they're either a fool, shouldnt be allowed to watch or talk football, or they're a 8 year old Cowboys fan....... No middle ground on that

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frauds maybe not, as I certainly thought they were a dangerous team, but your team is on borrowed time. This is the twilight of a window of opportunity that Jerry Jones pushed alot of money outwards for, you better win a SB before the cap levels you.

And its beginning. Cowboys have to figure out a way to pay Dez and DeMarco both top dollar. Couple that with Romo's contract and their OL's contracts, and you have issues. Dallas defense will be horrible again next season. All of their money is being tied up in offense. Their defense will be full of cast offs, rookies and scrubs nobody else wants once again.

And honestly, I think DeMarco is gone. Hes going to demand top money and I dont see them paying a RB 10+ million a season like Murray will demand. But it is Jerry Jones we are talking about......lol

Sky King

Reaction score
The Cowboys came up short but not by much. I wouldn't write off the Cowboys just yet. Jones did not become a billionaire because he lacks business savvy. He'll keep them competitive.

The Packers beat a very good team today. If not, then the Packers may not be all that good either. I'm confident that it's the former not the latter.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Dez after the game and I thought he was a class act under the circumstances. Yeah he thought it was a bad call, but he didn't throw around a lot of conspiracy BS.....

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sure if dallas had homefield advantage... they get the call... It was a close call either way. This "football move" term is open to interpretation... I dont like it. The rule can be manipulated IMO.

Fact remains, ball hit the ground and bobbled afterwards...

The fact he actually finished the catch doesnt factor in? after the fact he bobbled it after it hit the ground...
So the football move thing is the reaql question... NFL Gods have spoken.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Dez after the game and I thought he was a class act under the circumstances. Yeah he thought it was a bad call, but he didn't throw around a lot of conspiracy BS.....

He also said that the best team did not win. Hes a sore loser.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D Adams had an interesting comment in his locker room interview. Her said something to the effect of if Bryant hadn't made the stretch to the goal line he probably would have come down with the ball so his extra effort actually cost him. Makes sense if you watch it. If he doesn't stretch out the ball maybe comes down on his arm instead of hitting the ground which knocks it loose.
stretch across the goal line might be considered a football move...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers season started with a loss in Seattle and it will end with a loss in Seattle.

Just imagine Arron Rodgers calf instead of the turkey.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'm not being a troll either. I no longer have a horse in this race. With the way GB and Dallas played today neither would have a chance in Seattle. They are simply on another level right now and healthy playing at home.

Green Bays only chance is to get a nice lead and run run run.

I hope Dez enjoys watching the game from his couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts