Hey Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sure if dallas had homefield advantage... they get the call... It was a close call either way. This "football move" term is open to interpretation... I dont like it.

On NFL Network they said the "football move" thing doesn't factor into the equation on this play. That only factors in on the "defenseless receiver" rule. The only thing that matters is that his momentum carried him to the ground in the process of making the catch. Therefore, the ball must be controlled all the way to the ground. Bryant could not have opted to stay on his feet if he had wanted to, so the rule was interpreted correctly and I have a hard time believing they would not have done the same thing if it was Nelson on that play, so it had nothing to do with HFA. It's a good rule and it needs to stay just the way it is. Any rule that is black and white is good for the game. There are too many gray judgment calls as it is in football.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers season started with a loss in Seattle and it will end with a loss in Seattle.

Just imagine Arron Rodgers calf instead of the turkey.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'm not being a troll either. I no longer have a horse in this race. With the way GB and Dallas played today neither would have a chance in Seattle. They are simply on another level right now and healthy playing at home.

Green Bays only chance is to get a nice lead and run run run.

So your Cowpatties lose and now you need to find comfort in someone doing what your team couldn't do (win)

And you know, 95% of Cowpattie fans are bandwagon fans. I bet you and many other Cowpattie fans are breaking those current Seahawk and early 2000 Patriot gear out again.

Cowboy fans be like: Screw this, im going back to being a Seahawk fan again. GO HAWKS, BEAT GREEN BAY! WOOOOOOOOOO

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quote from a Cowboy fan:

"With how our defense was playing in the second half, do you REALLY have confidence that we would have won that game anyway if that Dez play was called a TD? I'm also a Cowboy fan, and I hate that we lost, but it would have been a good bet that the Packers would have just driven the ball right back down the field and won it anyway. All they needed was going to be either a FG to win it or a FG to tie it (depending on if we made or missed the following 2 point conversion) and with how Rodgers and that O was on fire compared to our defense sucking in the second half, the Packers would have likely scored a TD anyway. So its lose/lose. We were going to lose regardless of that call. Our defense lost us that game, not that bad call and not Murray's fumble, it was our defense. We couldn't get critical stops when it mattered the most and the Packers were 9-14 on 3rd down and put up almost 500 yards total offense on our D with a QB that was less than 100% healthy. Hell, they were in FG range when they were kneeling the ball in the victory formation at the end of the game. We were going to lose that game regardless, so please cut out the "bad call" crap because its making our fan base look bad"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboy fans be like: "Welp, getting my current Seahawk and early 2000 Patriot gear back out"

Meanwhile, somewhere out there, another Cowboy fan breaks out his old Brett Favre Jersey and is a Packer fan again.

^ That is how Cowboy fans are.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the teams were evenly matched, if they played ten times I'd expect to see an equal split of victories.
All that matters though is that you won, I was disappointed with the Dez call but I in no way think Dallas were robbed or that you did not deserve the victory

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the teams were evenly matched, if they played ten times I'd expect to see an equal split of victories.
All that matters though is that you won, I was disappointed with the Dez call but I in no way think Dallas were robbed or that you did not deserve the victory

If Rodgers was 100% still think it would be split?

His 1st half was horrible- while he was at a 99 rating , he missed throws he never does..

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a fair point but we can only assess the teams on the day.
Romo is clearly not right and injuries to Mclaine meant we were without our only useful linebacker.
If Rodgers had been fully fit against that Dallas team yesterday you'd have murdered us.
If all our guys had been fit maybe it would have gone the other way.
That's sport I suppose

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I don't see us *****ing. More frustrated that we didn't put the game away in the 3rd quarter.

Good luck against the Chickens
No. The Cowboy fans on this forum have been pretty cool.

Now I was over on CBS site and about 70% of the posts were about a bad call. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 6794

No. The Cowboy fans on this forum have been pretty cool.

Now I was over on CBS site and about 70% of the posts were about a bad call. Oh well.

I agree that the Cowboys fans who have come here were absolutely fine. It will probably be way different with the Seahawks fans this week.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lotta "shoulda, coulda, woulda". It doesn't matter Rodgers was injured--Romo was also injured. It doesn't matter Bryant's apparent catch was overturned---we've gotten BS flags and calls that game too. The fact of the matter is we won and kept it close. If I were the 'Boys I'd ask why didn't we break out so calls like that don't affect the outcome?

The Detroit PI call was stupid, but I've submitted to the fact that Detroit had 120 minutes to win and they didn't. One call doesn't dictate games. If calls like that were thrown all game, then there'd be some concern, but its just one call.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making any excuses, just debating the game. I've said multiple times on these forums that I don't begrudge the Packers win. You earned it

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lotta "shoulda, coulda, woulda". It doesn't matter Rodgers was injured--Romo was also injured. It doesn't matter Bryant's apparent catch was overturned---we've gotten BS flags and calls that game too. The fact of the matter is we won and kept it close. If I were the 'Boys I'd ask why didn't we break out so calls like that don't affect the outcome?

The Detroit PI call was stupid, but I've submitted to the fact that Detroit had 120 minutes to win and they didn't. One call doesn't dictate games. If calls like that were thrown all game, then there'd be some concern, but its just one call.

The problem with the Lions call, was it was completely unprecedented, and simply ridiculous.

The Dez incompleteion was the correct call, and the only call that would have been acceptable, the ball hit the ground before he completed the process of the catch, that is just the fact of the matter regardless of how many whiny Dallas choker fans wish it wasn't.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picked up flag against Detroit was a disgrace.
I think people are undecided about the Dez catch, there's a lot of arguing over this and not just from rabid Cowboys fans. A lot of experts are calling it a catch, a lot aren't. Depends how you interpret the rules

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are undecided about the Dez catch, there's a lot of arguing over this and not just from rabid Cowboys fans. A lot of experts are calling it a catch, a lot aren't. Depends how you interpret the rules

No it doesn't. Interpretation doesn't matter in the face of a fact. Dez did not complete the process of the catch, that is an undeniable fact.

If some whiny idiots want to ***** and moan because they don't understand the rules, fine. But no interpretation nessecary, the ball hit the ground, making it incomplete. Fact.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah it's pretty split. I think most of us agree that by the eye test it should have been a catch but that according to the rule the reversal may have been correct.

It was a great game Cowboy fans.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty split. I think most of us agree that by the eye test it should have been a catch but that according to the rule the reversal may have been correct.

It was a great game Cowboy fans.

Idk how anyone could see that as a catch, he almost caught it but then the ball hit the ground and popped up, in what universe is that a catch?

It was almost a big time play by Bryant, almost. But he has noone to blame but himself, he choked

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it doesn't. Interpretation doesn't matter in the face of a fact. Dez did not complete the process of the catch, that is an undeniable fact.

If some whiny idiots want to ***** and moan because they don't understand the rules, fine. But no interpretation nessecary, the ball hit the ground, making it incomplete. Fact.

It's not so black and white. Dez catches the ball, controls it and lunges for the line, he hits the ground and the ball comes out.
The key part is the lunge for the line, in doing this he completes the pass.
But it doesn't matter you won and you deserved the victory. Doesn't matter how many enemy fans claim it was a catch.
Same applied last week against the Lions. Swings and roundabouts

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not so black and white. Dez catches the ball, controls it and lunges for the line, he hits the ground and the ball comes out.
But it doesn't matter you won and you deserved the victory. Doesn't matter how many enemy fans claim it was a catch.

No it is black and white, the ball hit the ground making it incomplete. Fact. What is hard about this?

He either completes the process of the catch or doesn't, he didn't. This is simply the reality of the situation, if he doesn't let the ball hit the ground, he has a catch, but he did let the ball hit the ground, to bad for him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The ball hits ground before he lunges

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look around the Internet, there are plenty of non Cowboys fans calling it a catch. Even some Eagles

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look around the Internet, there are plenty of non Cowboys fans calling it a catch. Even some Eagles

But it doesn't matter, because, the fact is that he didn't complete the process of the catch, fact. Deal with it. This is in the rulebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts