Have you noticed?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Packers seem to have a lot of feel good story players?

Aaron Rouse
Shaun Bodiford

and there were a few others too that came from a really tough background.

dunno, maybe its not as much as I think it is, but just seems like it. Not saying its bad or anything, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and can add to it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver is another one. I can't think of any others offhand. There was Antonio Chatman, but he's gone now of course. I have no idea whether other teams have many players with those hard luck stories.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It could just be me too, but it seems like every time I read an article about a Packer its someone who had a tough upbringing.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that there are many more since so many are minorities w/o solid family backgrounds. Way too many come from one parent households where poverty is the norm. Luckily, sports gives a relatively few of them a way out. Some handle it well, some don't.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Donald Driver is another one. I can't think of any others offhand. There was Antonio Chatman, but he's gone now of course. I have no idea whether other teams have many players with those hard luck stories.

Yes, Donald Driver is another one. The magical thing about Driver is Driver gives back to the community. to this day, he's helped set up over a few dozen single mothers with homes. He's the type of person who leaves the Earth a better place than how he found it. If everyone was like Driver, the world would be a better place.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers seem to have a lot of feel good story players?

Aaron Rouse
Shaun Bodiford

and there were a few others too that came from a really tough background.

dunno, maybe its not as much as I think it is, but just seems like it. Not saying its bad or anything, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and can add to it.

Great point Zero. I heard some of the stories watching the game yesterday on the local broadcast. Too often, we only hear about the negative side of NFL players.

I also think Green Bay is a great atmosphere for any player who has family values. keeps a kid who may be on the edge away from the big urban cesspools and the evil opportunities that lurk there.

R.P.

Members online

Latest posts