Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think the poll speaks for itself, and yes I've heard Jennings say other bad things about the Pack and not even mention Rodgers or allude to him. Things like how Green Bay sucks for free agents and not liking the way coaches run things.

To me, Jennings owes the Packers a huge debt of gratitude that he got to play football as long as he did, because he could have ended up in Cleveland, Detroit or Oakland and nobody would even know who he is today.

And I'm sick of fans listening to anything that ****head Colin Cowherd says cuz he has been right on NOTHING. Absolutely Nothing.

Reaction score
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.
Isn’t there also an old saying about some people being known for blowing smoke up certain body parts?
Then let’s hope the smoke ain’t being blown where the sun don’t shine! That fire could be downright uncomfortable :eek:

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm sick of fans listening to anything that ****head Colin Cowherd says cuz he has been right on NOTHING. Absolutely Nothing.
Cowherd can't be wrong all the time, his opinions spin like a top.
I notice lately he seems to be on a more pro-Packer trend:

He rated them as the sixth best team in the league (far better than most of the media would rank them).

He ranked the league's QBs by how much he thinks they should be paid. Rodgers was in tier one with Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger were in tier two, Prescott in tier three. That's notable because he usually ranks Brees above Rodgers.

Today he quoted John Dorsey saying Cleveland's fans were more passionate than Green Bay's. Cowherd said this was nonsense, that the Steelers, Cowboys, and Packers were the only national brands in the NFL, and that the Packers iconic moments were all wins, while the Browns iconic moments were all losses. He then ran a clip of Rodgers pass to Jared Cook against the Cowboys in the playoffs, and said only Rodgers could make that pass.

This after slamming Rodgers and the Packers all winter. If you disagree with what Cowherd says, wait awhile, and he'll change it up.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd can't be wrong all the time, his opinions spin like a top.
I notice lately he seems to be on a more pro-Packer trend:

He rated them as the sixth best team in the league (far better than most of the media would rank them).

He ranked the league's QBs by how much he thinks they should be paid. Rodgers was in tier one with Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger were in tier two, Prescott in tier three. That's notable because he usually ranks Brees above Rodgers.

Today he quoted John Dorsey saying Cleveland's fans were more passionate than Green Bay's. Cowherd said this was nonsense, that the Steelers, Cowboys, and Packers were the only national brands in the NFL, and that the Packers iconic moments were all wins, while the Browns iconic moments were all losses. He then ran a clip of Rodgers pass to Jared Cook against the Cowboys in the playoffs, and said only Rodgers could make that pass.

This after slamming Rodgers and the Packers all winter. If you disagree with what Cowherd says, wait awhile, and he'll change it up.

Maybe, but still, he is in the ratings business

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, but still, he is in the ratings business
He's talked about growing up listening to the radio in the days of Imus and Howard Stern. I think he's got more than a little "shock jock" in him. I think he believes that's the way to get listeners. And maybe it is, I don't know.

Reaction score
If the poll to start the thread was an election, Jennings’ concession speech would already have been filed away deep in the archives of the Library of Congress.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rolls his eyes! Jennings continues to remind me of the ex GF/BF who just keeps coming at you!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Rolls his eyes! Jennings continues to remind me of the ex GF/BF who just keeps coming at you!

In the article he states, "I'm not an Aaron Rodgers hater." - Greg Jennings

Hmmm,,,, sounds like something an Aaron Rodgers hater would say... :cautious:

H

HardRightEdge

I probably made the argument somewhere above for Jennings' inclusion in the Packer HOF...eventually. There's nothing new here that would change my mind.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings has been filling in for Cris Carter recently on First Things First since the latter left the show. Personally, I'd like to see him get it as a permanent position, it would be a great opportunity for him.

As for him being a hater, seriously I've seen him on TV a lot and I swear 80% of what he says about the Packers, and Rodgers, is positive. I'm sure he has his issues with how he and the team parted ways, but that's not my problem. From what I've seen, he's been mostly objective. You can't expect him to positively gush over everything the team does. I have no problem with him.

So he wanted to talk to Rodgers about what he said that bothered him? Sounds healthy to me. Honestly, if Rodgers said that to me, it probably would have irritated me too, even though I believe Rodgers when he said it was just a joke. Jennings should have talked to him about it at the time probably, but nobody's perfect.

D

Deleted member 6794

As for him being a hater, seriously I've seen him on TV a lot and I swear 80% of what he says about the Packers, and Rodgers, is positive. I'm sure he has his issues with how he and the team parted ways, but that's not my problem. From what I've seen, he's been mostly objective.

Objective isn't a word that has crossed my mind thinking about Jennings when he has talked about Rodgers or the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Jennings really wanted to work at (its going to take some work Greg) repairing his relationship with Rodgers and doesn't want to do it in a public forum, as he claims, then he should stop talking about doing so in a public forum.

Again, he reminds me of the person who says "I hate drama and I am not trying to turn this into drama", but then turns it into public drama by doing exactly what he is doing, again.

I have an idea Greg, **** already about you and Aaron Rodgers and move on with your life. Aaron doesn't want you or need you in his life.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jennings really wanted to work at (its going to take some work Greg) repairing his relationship with Rodgers and doesn't want to do it in a public forum, as he claims, then he should stop talking about doing so in a public forum.
You're absolutely right, but I don't hate him for it. A lot of wide receivers are diva head cases, there are worse people out there than Greg Jennings. He was a good player for us for many years. I wish him well.

There's a small caveat that his employers, knowing he's had issues with Rodgers, has exploited that to some extent. If they want to do a story on Rodgers not being the best teammate or whatever, they're going to trot Jennings out. That doesn't absolve him, but the amount of drama he's caused would probably be at least a little bit less if he wasn't a TV personality.

Also notice that since the Packers are winning, all those Rodgers personality problem stories have gone virtually completely away, as expected. He's been doing a pretty good job of saying the right things too, though. As I said last year, Rodgers is a bright guy. He had to be aware of what people were saying about him, and wanted to squash it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There's no reason to hate Jennings or any other of the talking heads on TV. Fans should be more selective in which ones to listen to though.

I have to agree Capt. I THINK I voted no initially, but I think it was based on anger. He contributed to the team prior to his comments and I think he deserves it. I`ve even mellowed on my opinion of Favre. I`d settle on him just getting his legs broken as apposed to being killed by a swarm of killer bees !! See ? I can be reasonable.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason to hate Jennings or any other of the talking heads on TV. Fans should be more selective in which ones to listen to though.
To me, they're all just there for entertainment. Most of them are there to state their opinion, not just to read the news. I don't expect to agree with any of them all of the time, and I don't. By the same token, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, so I don't disagree with any of them all of the time either.

The topic of sports is a fluffy one anyway. Not much of anything they say is going to be of dire importance, even if they'd like to spin it that way. They're paid because they can run their mouths for three hours straight.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of them are there to state their opinion, not just to read the news.
IMO they are there to generate clicks and ad revenue. I rarely believe any of them anymore when they state something that is more opinion than factual. See Skip Bayless as exhibit A. Most of the media of all flavors are just revenue generators for Megacorp.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The thing with Talking Heads, they aren't that much different than you and I, some just happen to be very good (as opposed to accurate) at what they do, which is why they are in the positions that they are in. Seems like many Talking Heads are intentionally polarizing and or controversial as well, which is what probably makes them so "popular". They are either loved or hated and they don't care about the haters, they actually seem to bask in that.

I find Gregg Jennings to be one of the more annoying Talking Heads, its like he doesn't have enough confidence in his own opinion about Rodgers to stand behind it. This constant "people are misunderstanding what I have been saying about Rodgers" is annoying as hell to me. Now this "I just want to repair our relationship" is even worse.

As far as Gregg being inducted into the PHOF, meh. I couldn't find what they use for criteria to make their decision. If its only based on stats, then Greg probably gets in at some point. However, if life after being a Packer is part of the formula, he isn't getting in. They only induct 2 people/year and with as much winning as this team has done over the last 20+ years, I can think of players/coaches/janitors that I would prefer seeing being given that honor over Jennings.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I think Greg Jennings should be in The Green Bay Packer's hall of fame. I loved watching him play and loved his attitude. I don't watch much of the talking heads and sometimes people kind of get trapped in what they have said. I like him for what he did and how he acted on the football field when he was a Packer.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. In my view, a hall of famer, be it Packers or NFL, isn't someone you should have to think about. It should be a no-brainer. With Jennings, I have to try and convince myself he's deserving, which means he's really not.

He's absolutely a Packers hofer. On the field for gb he is clearly a top 5 or at worst 10 wr in franchise history

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, I think Greg Jennings should be in The Green Bay Packer's hall of fame. I loved watching him play and loved his attitude. I don't watch much of the talking heads and sometimes people kind of get trapped in what they have said. I like him for what he did and how he acted on the football field when he was a Packer.

Jennings would be a borderline Packers Hall of Famer if he had shut his mouth after leaving Green Bay. The team shouldn't induct him based on what he did after his career in green and gold ended.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to that entire interview and gained some respect for him. He admits faults and also says maybe he overemphasized the situation. I don't blame for Rodgers not dealing with this stuff now/wanting to talk to Greg now, but it was a ****** thing of him to say what he said to the 49ers defense in 2012 week 1. I don't blame Greg for getting upset about that.

Time heals all wounds (Favre), I think if we have this discussion in 10 years more people will be in his favor. I don't want to see him in now, but who knows 5-10 years from now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jennings would be a borderline Packers Hall of Famer if he had shut his mouth after leaving Green Bay. The team shouldn't induct him based on what he did after his career in green and gold ended.

Agree and this might be why Greg is so hell bent on trying to patch things up with Aaron Rodgers. He may have figured out that he reduced his chances of getting in, by his actions since he left Green Bay.

Again, they induct 2 people/year. With all of the winning teams that the Packers have fielded since the mid 90's, they aren't going to need to induct Greg just because they ran out of more deserving people.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that Jennings was "guided" in the direction of controversy for the sole reason of TV ratings. Problem is, some things are hard to take back. A lot of these ex-players go in to TV and radio without being aware that they are being used and goaded into saying things that bite them in the rear end later. IMO, the damage is done. Packer HOFamer on the field? Maybe and probably. Time does heal all wounds.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that Jennings was "guided" in the direction of controversy for the sole reason of TV ratings. Problem is, some things are hard to take back. A lot of these ex-players go in to TV and radio without being aware that they are being used and goaded into saying things that bite them in the rear end later. IMO, the damage is done. Packer HOFamer on the field? Maybe and probably. Time does heal all wounds.
It might if he would shut up and drop it ... but he hasn’t.