1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bay pushing to get a deal with Green

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GakkofNorway, Mar 4, 2006.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just read that the Packers are trying to sign Green for 2 millions a year, but he wants a long term big money deal for being the most productive NFL RB 2000 - 2004, if we sign him to a big deal I'm gonna shoot myself. Not many RBs have come back from that kind of injury he suffered, and we won't know if he comes back untill training camp, how the hell can we sign this guy?

There is no way in hell I think we should sign him.

[​IMG]

2. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, no long term deal, especially with the shroud of uncertainty looming. He needs to come back, if at all, with a decent price, and a "back-burner attitude."

3. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Let him hit the market, not get the big bucks he wants, and then he'll come back and sign for something that i'd accept, a base around $1 million heavily based with incentives--there's no way to chart what this guy will do, or if he'll even make it on the field

4. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want him to be signed at all. Let go of him, he's on decline.

5. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We need him back for one or maybe two years. We have too many needs right now to draft a RB with a top pick and I doubt TT will sign a pricey FA back. I'd like to see Green and Gado split carries this season.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    According to what i read today, Green has been rehabbing under the watchful eyes of Packer brass the whole time. He is 2 months ahead of schedule. I think it would be worth it to keep him. He has the drive and desire. He and Gado would make a great one-two punch. They said a few other teams (including Minnesota) are interested in him.

7. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But you wanted to keep Chatman, right?

8. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't compare players at two different positions.

9. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read in ESPN the mag today that The Panthers want Alexander but can't afford $60 mil to pay him. They said that they were making a run at Green.
    In Gado I trust.

10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that is good news idd!

11. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not? Especially if it's based on talent and ability and not theory! Why would you want to keep an unproven talent over a proven talent, especially if that talent could be had for less? If that talent has proven to be credible whereas the other uncredible, why would you chose the uncredible over the credible? Your theorem is incredible, and deserves an explanation.

12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    because the situation at each positions, and the situation for each player is different,

as for Green, the chance of him returning just as good as he has been for the past couple of years is probably very similar to the chance for an undrafted rookie breaking through in the NFL.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That happens every year. In fact one of them made our 53 man roster last year.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if we sign him to anything more than 2 years, and a lot of money, im gonna be maaaaaaaaad.

15. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe they will give him a minimum of a two year deal at several million. What I like about Greene is that he wants to be in Green Bay and has been working out here. Unlike the patsie in Florida, he's here showing that he's recovering. If he's healthy, he's a heck of a fine running back. then I'd like to bring back either Fischer or Davenport. If we have that we should be set in the backfield. The other issue is figuring out who your fulback will be. Does Henderson have anything left? Then we have to find some guards and it looks like there will be som free aqents available that can fill in for a few years. If that happens, now your offense is set.

The defense still concerns me. I agree with letting Diggs go. But you better hope you can pick someone up you can play there because linebacker was a huge weakness for us last year.

16. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad I think hes gonna have something left in him and if hes splitting time with gado he could be valuble. I dont think a huge contract is due maybe some incentives in his contract

17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I hope they give him a one year deal. I could live with 2 but anything more than that would be ridiculous. He's got to prove himself again - I guess that's the nature of the beast in the NFL. It's a "what have you done for me lately" league.

18. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, what are you basing your premise on? What facts do you have to offer this forum in support of your beliefs? If you feel that way, you must have some information on drawing that conclusion. Otherwise, it amounts to nothing more than weak conjecture.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I wonder if this injury was present the last 2 seasons, and just finally tore all the way. If so, and it's repaired right, he COULD return to his old form. I'm hopeful at least.

20. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT will make him a fair offer, perhaps some incentives. If someone wants to take a chance and give him big money we're out of it, I don't think TT will overpay. I hope we get Green back. But if we don't I wish him well, and I hope he gets big money. He has been underpaid here in the past as one of the top backs in the League. If he goes to the Vikes I hope they waaaaaaay over pay him.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Traxx.......Green didn't whine like SOME players do, he did his job! Hopefully, he can come back here and play some more! I always did like him. He is GREAT to the fans......never slighted me when i asked him for an autograph. Alot of "star" players don't do that, they ignore the fans when they ask.

22. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he's a wife-beater though :p:p lolol

23. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's as bad as saying she deserved it. :p :p

24. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahman got 3-5. It's ridiculous she deserved it.

25. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It's actually a one-year deal with a base salary of $2 million with $3 million worth of incentives.