Green Bay pushing to get a deal with Green

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that the Packers are trying to sign Green for 2 millions a year, but he wants a long term big money deal for being the most productive NFL RB 2000 - 2004, if we sign him to a big deal I'm gonna shoot myself. Not many RBs have come back from that kind of injury he suffered, and we won't know if he comes back untill training camp, how the hell can we sign this guy?

There is no way in hell I think we should sign him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I just read that the Packers are trying to sign Green for 2 millions a year, but he wants a long term big money deal for being the most productive NFL RB 2000 - 2004, if we sign him to a big deal I'm gonna shoot myself. Not many RBs have come back from that kind of injury he suffered, and we won't know if he comes back untill training camp, how the hell can we sign this guy?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I agree, no long term deal, especially with the shroud of uncertainty looming. He needs to come back, if at all, with a decent price, and a "back-burner attitude."

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Let him hit the market, not get the big bucks he wants, and then he'll come back and sign for something that i'd accept, a base around $1 million heavily based with incentives--there's no way to chart what this guy will do, or if he'll even make it on the field

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need him back for one or maybe two years. We have too many needs right now to draft a RB with a top pick and I doubt TT will sign a pricey FA back. I'd like to see Green and Gado split carries this season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to what i read today, Green has been rehabbing under the watchful eyes of Packer brass the whole time. He is 2 months ahead of schedule. I think it would be worth it to keep him. He has the drive and desire. He and Gado would make a great one-two punch. They said a few other teams (including Minnesota) are interested in him.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read in ESPN the mag today that The Panthers want Alexander but can't afford $60 mil to pay him. They said that they were making a run at Green.
In Gado I trust.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
You can't compare players at two different positions.

Why not? Especially if it's based on talent and ability and not theory! Why would you want to keep an unproven talent over a proven talent, especially if that talent could be had for less? If that talent has proven to be credible whereas the other uncredible, why would you chose the uncredible over the credible? Your theorem is incredible, and deserves an explanation.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because the situation at each positions, and the situation for each player is different,

as for Green, the chance of him returning just as good as he has been for the past couple of years is probably very similar to the chance for an undrafted rookie breaking through in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
as for Green, the chance of him returning just as good as he has been for the past couple of years is probably very similar to the chance for an undrafted rookie breaking through in the NFL.

That happens every year. In fact one of them made our 53 man roster last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we sign him to anything more than 2 years, and a lot of money, im gonna be maaaaaaaaad.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe they will give him a minimum of a two year deal at several million. What I like about Greene is that he wants to be in Green Bay and has been working out here. Unlike the patsie in Florida, he's here showing that he's recovering. If he's healthy, he's a heck of a fine running back. then I'd like to bring back either Fischer or Davenport. If we have that we should be set in the backfield. The other issue is figuring out who your fulback will be. Does Henderson have anything left? Then we have to find some guards and it looks like there will be som free aqents available that can fill in for a few years. If that happens, now your offense is set.

The defense still concerns me. I agree with letting Diggs go. But you better hope you can pick someone up you can play there because linebacker was a huge weakness for us last year.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad I think hes gonna have something left in him and if hes splitting time with gado he could be valuble. I dont think a huge contract is due maybe some incentives in his contract

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they give him a one year deal. I could live with 2 but anything more than that would be ridiculous. He's got to prove himself again - I guess that's the nature of the beast in the NFL. It's a "what have you done for me lately" league.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
because the situation at each positions, and the situation for each player is different,

Again, what are you basing your premise on? What facts do you have to offer this forum in support of your beliefs? If you feel that way, you must have some information on drawing that conclusion. Otherwise, it amounts to nothing more than weak conjecture.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if this injury was present the last 2 seasons, and just finally tore all the way. If so, and it's repaired right, he COULD return to his old form. I'm hopeful at least.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will make him a fair offer, perhaps some incentives. If someone wants to take a chance and give him big money we're out of it, I don't think TT will overpay. I hope we get Green back. But if we don't I wish him well, and I hope he gets big money. He has been underpaid here in the past as one of the top backs in the League. If he goes to the Vikes I hope they waaaaaaay over pay him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Traxx.......Green didn't whine like SOME players do, he did his job! Hopefully, he can come back here and play some more! I always did like him. He is GREAT to the fans......never slighted me when i asked him for an autograph. Alot of "star" players don't do that, they ignore the fans when they ask.

Members online

Latest posts