Giants safety Landon Collins

Would you be in favor the Packers signing safety Landon Collins?

• Yes, for 10 m per

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Yes, but only if significantly less than 10 m per

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is more of a Kam Chancellor then Earl Thomas for sure but he can make plays on the ball and cover TE's and RB's in man coverage.

Collins is what we thought we were gonna get in Josh Jones plain and simple.

I'm giving Collins a pass last year as the Giants D was in such dissaray.

I'm just cautious since his stats seem pretty inconsistent, however I can't say I've ever paid attention to him when the Giants have been on tv.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm just cautious since his stats seem pretty inconsistent, however I can't say I've ever paid attention to him when the Giants have been on tv.

Understandable. I've watched him a lot. If you try to turn him into a deep safety you will most likely be dissapointed. If you use him in that dime LB/SS role and play to his strengths you have a really good football player.

I like the signing because it would probably also free us from trying to draft an ILB real early and we could use the capital elsewhere. .

Reaction score
The reality is were not going to get Landon Collins or Dee Ford just like we didn't get Antonio Brown cause we have a front office that is scared to make a move for a Championship run.
Well end up with a couple second level free agents and the jury is out on the draft. Its gonna be the same show again here in Green Bay.
Its called "Go Save us Aaron cause were to scared to make any major move to get better".
John Dorsey was our only hope.
I don’t think so, Antonio Brown is one of the most volatile but talented players in the league. His risk reward is all over the map and as talented as he is, that’s not type of player you want as your cornerstone veteran.
One thing that Gute has shown is he’s aggressive in FA mixed with smart about being prudent in not mortgaging future expenditures. Last year we saw him make some positive moves and this year will likely be a continuation of that.
I believe we will make at least 1 large expenditure for a top tier guy like Collins, Ford, Houston, etc.. then probably 1-2 mid level moves (hopefully a OG/WR/RB and a bargain pick or two (his template from last year)
That bodes well for you and I, who both hope he drafts an offensive talent or two before day 3.

IDC what the position is,as long as it’s pro-keep Aaron Rodgers from getting killed again and extending his career through the best protective fit whether indirectly schematic RB, WR or direct protection OG, OT, TE. IDC
PS. I would like to try to develop Tonyan more this season as our #3

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don’t think so, Antonio Brown is one of the most volatile but talented players in the league. His risk reward is all over the map and as talented as he is, that’s not type of player you want as your cornerstone veteran.
One thing that Gute has shown is he’s aggressive in FA mixed with smart about being prudent in not mortgaging future expenditures. Last year we saw him make some positive moves and this year will likely be a continuation of that.
I believe we will make at least 1 large expenditure for a top tier guy like Collins, Ford, Houston, etc.. then probably 1-2 mid level moves (hopefully a OG/WR/RB and a bargain pick or two (his template from last year)
That bodes well for you and I who both hope he drafts an offensive talent or two before day 3.

I hope so. I'd be happy with Collins or Ford. Its rummored the Packers are interested in Ingram which I hope is true cause I like Ingram a lot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CreamCityCtral/status/1104836490566254594

Reaction score
I’d be excited to get another RB. The last time we had a true duo at RB (Lacey n Starks) it took a lot of pressure of Aaron and opened up the playbook. Plus, RBs constantly get hurt and they are generally not high dollar cap expenditures. You need more than 2 solid especially now that FBs are a thing of the past. Williams will still get carries and he’s fine stepping in as a #2 when someone goes down or in specific packages. He excels in space in the passing game and in blocking situations.

Plus we just asked Monty to kick rocks. I think it’s time.

Reaction score
I hope so. I'd be happy with Collins or Ford. Its rummored the Packers are interested in Ingram which I hope is true cause I like Ingram a lot.

Ford would instantly improve our LB core. Both him and Collins would like Christmas.
I’d be excited to get another RB. The last time we had a true duo at RB (Lacey n Starks) it took a lot of pressure of Aaron and opened up the playbook. Plus, RBs constantly get hurt and they are generally not high dollar cap expenditures. You need more than 2 solid especially now that FBs are a thing of the past. Williams will still get carries and he’s fine stepping in as a #2 when someone goes down or in specific packages. He excels in space in the passing game and in blocking situations.

Plus we just asked Monty to kick rocks. I think it’s time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Single High or Not I don't care. We need GAME CHANGERS regardless of position and Landon Collins could be that guy.

Amos is better in coverage and fits the Packers need of a safety capable of lining up single high. Therefore it would be a mistake to sign Collins instead.

The reality is were not going to get Landon Collins or Dee Ford just like we didn't get Antonio Brown cause we have a front office that is scared to make a move for a Championship run.

That's a ridiculous statement. Would you really have wanted the Packers to guarantee $30 million to a head case like Brown???

I know John Dorsey isn't afraid to get a deal done. Apparently Mike Mayock isn't either. ;)

The Raiders are most likely the worst run franchise in the NFL. The Packers definitely shouldn't strive to be like them.

I really don't know what's so funny. Amos isnt even close to the player of Collins.

Amos is "AVERAGE". Was a product of playing behind a great front in Chicago.

AMOS ISN'T GAME CHANGER!!!!!!!!

My god, I can't belive anyone would even compare the two.

PFF graded Amos significantly better than Collins over the past two seasons. And once again he better fits the Packers needs.

It wouldn't be smart to allocate a decent amount of cap space to a running back.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Amos is better in coverage and fits the Packers need of a safety capable of lining up single high. Therefore it would be a mistake to sign Collins instead.

PFF graded Amos significantly better than Collins over the past two seasons. And once again he better fits the Packers needs.

I am not so certain about that and IMO gonna cost about the same $ which will be somewhere around 5 years 50 mill with 30 guaranteed. For that $ I would much rather have a player that can do more which Collins clearly can.

Also, Collins didn't have the luxury of playing behind the best pass rush group in the NFL so I wouldn't hold my breath with Mr. Amos continuing that PFF score with Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am not so certain about that and IMO gonna cost about the same $ which will be somewhere around 5 years 50 mill with 30 guaranteed. For that $ I would much rather have a player that can do more which Collins clearly can.

Also, Collins didn't have the luxury of playing behind the best pass rush group in the NFL so I wouldn't hold my breath with Mr. Amos continuing that PFF score with Packers.

Nevertheless Amos has shown the ability to line up as a single high safety, something Collins isn't capable of. That makes it a pretty easy decision to sign Amos.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

This is always the speculative piece of information that concerns me when shopping the Free Agent Market. Just how talented is the player? Is he a product of the system he is in and the players around him or can he take his skills anywhere and be the same player?

This concerned me a bit last year when the Packers were going after Fuller and it gives me pause again with Amos. Hopefully, if the Packers intend to pursue Amos, they have done a lot of homework and have come the the determination that his skill set is what it is and he would be just as good playing on the Packers defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nevertheless Amos has shown the ability to line up as a single high safety, something Collins isn't capable of. That makes it a pretty easy decision to sign Amos.

Amos has also been really good for a while-- extending well before the Bears pass rush became so vicious with Mack in 2018.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Tramon Williams could of played "Single High" with that Bears front.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Amos has also been really good for a while-- extending well before the Bears pass rush became so vicious with Mack in 2018.
Bears defense got better with Mack, but they have progressively been better since about 2016.

Honestly, I have no clue just how good Amos is. But I do think its a fair question to ask how much of his success has come from playing with the Bears and if that success would continue if he played for the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bears defense got better with Mack, but they have progressively been better since about 2016.

Honestly, I have no clue just how good Amos is. But I do think its a fair question to ask how much of his success has come from playing with the Bears and if that success would continue if he played for the Packers.

Amos has shown the ability to line up as a single high safety even if the Bears defense wasn't able to create pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Therefore I'm not too worried about him being able to perform at a high level in Green Bay as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is always the speculative piece of information that concerns me when shopping the Free Agent Market. Just how talented is the player? Is he a product of the system he is in and the players around him or can he take his skills anywhere and be the same player?

This concerned me a bit last year when the Packers were going after Fuller and it gives me pause again with Amos. Hopefully, if the Packers intend to pursue Amos, they have done a lot of homework and have come the the determination that his skill set is what it is and he would be just as good playing on the Packers defense.

Its concerning to me as well. That's why I have been saying our current roster + required defensive needs + Offensive needs + available cap space + available draft picks + Aaron Rodgers being 35 = DEFENSIVE PIPE DREAM.

We need to add a couple of game changers to D and let Pettine roll with it. He can do it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Amos has shown the ability to line up as a single high safety even if the Bears defense wasn't able to create pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Therefore I'm not too worried about him being able to perform at a high level in Green Bay as well.

If this is so true Amos would be completely priced out of our budget with him being 25 and one of a handful of players in the league that can play true single high free safety.

It simply isn't the case.

D

Deleted member 6794

If this is so true Amos would be completely priced out of our budget with him being 25 and one of a handful of players in the league that can play true single high free safety.

It simply isn't the case.

Amos definitely isn't as good as Earl Thomas was in his prime but he presents the best option available in free agency this offseason. There's no doubt in my mind that he would present a significant upgrade over any other free safety currently on the roster.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Amos definitely isn't as good as Earl Thomas was in his prime but he presents the best option available in free agency this offseason. There's no doubt in my mind that he would present a significant upgrade over any other free safety currently on the roster.

I'm not going to get upset if the Packers sign Amos because he obviously provides an upgrade over what we have now. My point is that IMO Landon Collins provides a significant upgrade as well and would hit more marks with the array of things he can do.

As I have posted the Packers would not be so tempted to draft an ILB so early and this would finally fix the Jones, Burks problem adding a game changer to the middle of the defense. Giants fans are in uproar that they let Collins get away with nothing in return. Were talking about a very good football player here.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not going to get upset if the Packers sign Amos because he obviously provides an upgrade over what we have now. My point is that IMO Landon Collins provides a significant upgrade as well and would hit more marks with the array of things he can do.

As I have posted the Packers would not be so tempted to draft an ILB so early and this would finally fix the Jones, Burks problem adding a game changer to the middle of the defense. Giants fans are in uproar that they let Collins get away with nothing in return. Were talking about a very good football player here.

There's no doubt that Collins is a good football player. But I would prefer the Packers to sign a free safety in free agency as it would be significantly tougher to adequately fill that position in this year's draft. There are a couple of inside linebackers available in the draft to significantly improve the position though.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Well end up with a couple second level free agents and the jury is out on the draft. Its gonna be the same show again here in Green Bay.

Its called "Go Save us Aaron cause were to scared to make any major move to get better".

John Dorsey was our only hope.

Packers tried to trade for Za’Darius Smith per Peter King..

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There's no doubt that Collins is a good football player. But I would prefer the Packers to sign a free safety in free agency as it would be significantly tougher to adequately fill that position in this year's draft. There are a couple of inside linebackers available in the draft to significantly improve the position though.

Considering the Packers have used two day two picks recently(Jones, Burks) and not finding a natural fit I am not so sure of that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Redskins will sign Collins to a six-year, $84 million deal with $45 million guaranteed.

Once again, I'm glad the Packers didn't sign him to that contract.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stupid teams spending stupid money. That's what the first day of FA is about.

Members online

Latest posts