Giants safety Landon Collins

Would you be in favor the Packers signing safety Landon Collins?

• Yes, for 10 m per

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Yes, but only if significantly less than 10 m per

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Interesting
Great Saftey. He missed time with a shoulder injury and I’m seeing that it’s likely going to require surgery.
If not for that he’s a $10M man. It all comes down to the injury prognosis.

Interesting tidbit. He was picked #33 overall. Same pick as Kevin King, both have shoulder issues.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He doesn't have single high skills, which puts a ceiling on his value. But he's a stud as a box/blitzing/2 high type of player.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not in love with Collins. He's regressed from the DPOY caliber type he was 2 years ago, and I'm scared he'll be like Ha Ha.

Last edited:

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not in love with Collins. He's regressed from the DPOY caliber type he was 2 years ago, and I'm scared he'll be like Ha Ha.

You can't compare him to Ha Ha. Collins is a SS, probably even a good fit at LB (could play many positions on a high level like Derwin James). He was on the way to an elite player, but had a down year when the whole Giants D was bad. I would take a shot at him. We need every help we can get at safety and I think Pettine would love a versatile player like him.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1098310257875603457

Giants S Landon Collins' locker remains full of stuff, as of this hour, and he has not been informed of any decision on whether the team plans to use the "franchise tag" on him or not, according to a source. ... So nothing new and nothing to see here.

(New site got rid of the Twitter function. Hmm.....)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't compare him to Ha Ha. Collins is a SS, probably even a good fit at LB (could play many positions on a high level like Derwin James). He was on the way to an elite player, but had a down year when the whole Giants D was bad. I would take a shot at him. We need every help we can get at safety and I think Pettine would love a versatile player like him.
He would be a fun piece for pettine to play with for sure. Versatility creates a lot of defensive opportunities. The man is born to be a football player.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt that Collins is a very talented safety but he doesn't fit the Packers need of a player capable of lining up as a single high free safety.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt that Collins is a very talented safety but he doesn't fit the Packers need of a player capable of lining up as a single high free safety.
Maybe not. But he does fit perfectly our need for an aggressive downhill tough enforcer who's leadership would be tremendous. He would thrive in Pettines defense. He is a poor athlete and that gives me pause. But he is a very focused and dedicated player with great instincts and passion. All the intangibles, hes got em.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe not. But he does fit perfectly our need for an aggressive downhill tough enforcer who's leadership would be tremendous. He would thrive in Pettines defense. He is a poor athlete and that gives me pause. But he is a very focused and dedicated player with great instincts and passion. All the intangibles, hes got em.

While I agree that Collins is a tremendous and versatile player I'm not convinced it would be smart for the Packers to spend a significant amount of money on a player not perfectly fitting their primary needs.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
We all saw the cap value of safeties drop last free agency. Though the 2019 FA safety pool is certainly better than the 2018 FA safety pool, I would like to believe the price will not significantly increase. If I find out on the morning of March 17th, the Packers are working a deal with Landon Collins, I would be pumped. I don’t want to find out on a March 13th, because that means we are overpaying for him. I would buy the jersey. My new married last name is Collins and I can’t find a Nick Collins Jersey. My brother is a die hard giants fan, so I have seen a lot of Landon a Collins as we watch games together. I absolutely love the player, just don’t want to overpay for him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with others who have said our real need is a good centerfielder. I think it is a position that can be taught and I hope our new coaches are going to be in teaching mode at all positions. But LaFleur is going to have to make it happen. He will need to know what is going on with each player. I really think Belichek does. That imho is more important than spending too much time on play calling. I don't know Landon Collins that well but if he is another in the box safety...I'll pass.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with others who have said our real need is a good centerfielder. I think it is a position that can be taught and I hope our new coaches are going to be in teaching mode at all positions.

A free safety that is capable of playing single high has to have a special set of talent which is extremely tough to teach.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A free safety that is capable of playing single high has to have a special set of talent which is extremely tough to teach.
if it was easy, Brice would be our man. I know he hits like a truck, often to his detriment, but he's got great size and he's fast. Physically he should be great at FS. We haven't had anybody that could cover ground like him hardly ever on this team outside of Collins in a long time. But he can't seem to play the ball in the air and i haven't seen him play with good instincts. At first i thought maybe his newness and coaching changes etc were making him think too much and affecting his ability to play freely. But not i'm not so sure. Those are skills you don't just "teach". Those are skills you look for when picking a guy to teach the position too. But Physically, we shouldn't have have to look further than Brice. But the reality is, we do.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can teach someone when and how to turn their heads around to spot the ball. It is called practicing and explaining it. And that is a big part of the equation. Also teaching and explaining what changes when you have a teammate that is also close to the ball. I do not think we have had good teachers as coaches. And I sure hope that turns around this year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha Ha Well he should at least be looking for it. Which some of our guys have not seemed to be doing. We do need a good centerfielder though...at least we agree completely on that. And he does need to be aware of where the other defender is in order to take the appropriate angle. And look for the damn ball.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rapoport says the Giants are unlikely to franchise tag Landon Collins. They love the player, just not at that price.

Members online

Latest posts