Giants safety Landon Collins

Would you be in favor the Packers signing safety Landon Collins?

• Yes, for 10 m per

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Yes, but only if significantly less than 10 m per

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The reality is were not going to get Landon Collins or Dee Ford just like we didn't get Antonio Brown cause we have a front office that is scared to make a move for a Championship run.

Well end up with a couple second level free agents and the jury is out on the draft. Its gonna be the same show again here in Green Bay.

Its called "Go Save us Aaron cause were to scared to make any major move to get better".

John Dorsey was our only hope.

LOL....sounds like you are laying down the Gauntlet or should I say "Gutlent"? Daring him to go big or go home?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
LOL....sounds like you are laying down the Gauntlet or should I say "Gutlent"? Daring him to go big or go home?

I just think its gonna be more of us being in on deals but getting outbid in the end. I'm not hoping that's what happens but there are some teams with a lot of $ out there. I really don't know what were saving up for. We shall see.

I know John Dorsey isn't afraid to get a deal done. Apparently Mike Mayock isn't either. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just think its gonna be more of us being in on deals but getting outbid in the end. I'm not hoping that's what happens but there are some teams with a lot of $ out there. I really don't know what were saving up for. We shall see.

I know John Dorsey isn't afraid to get a deal done. Apparently Mike Mayock isn't either. ;)

I guess we will find out in the coming 2 weeks. Gute came close last year to signing one of the biggest FA CB's in Fuller. Which in hindsight, I am glad the Packers lost out. Fuller was/is good, but for once, in many season, I am just fine with our CB's (if we resign Breeland) :)

What I don't want to see is Gute overpay, just to be a big player. I guess we will also get to see how the Raiders and Browns turn out after all their "big moves".

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I really don't know what's so funny. Amos isnt even close to the player of Collins.

Amos is "AVERAGE". Was a product of playing behind a great front in Chicago.

AMOS ISN'T GAME CHANGER!!!!!!!!

My god, I can't belive anyone would even compare the two.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I guess we will find out in the coming 2 weeks. Gute came close last year to signing one of the biggest FA CB's in Fuller. Which in hindsight, I am glad the Packers lost out. Fuller was/is good, but for once, in many season, I am just fine with our CB's (if we resign Breeland) :)

What I don't want to see is Gute overpay, just to be a big player. I guess we will also get to see how the Raiders and Browns turn out after all their "big moves".

We were never gonna get Fuller.

And I don't belive you sign and spend just to do it but when an opportunity comes along to make your team significantly better you do it. Especially with Rodgers on the tail end of his prime.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I really don't know what's so funny. Amos isnt even close to the player of Collins.

Amos is "AVERAGE". Was a product of playing behind a great front in Chicago.

AMOS ISN'T GAME CHANGER!!!!!!!!

My god, I can't belive anyone would even compare the two.

I realize you don't see what's so funny. Most of the time, you are what's funny. Which makes it hard for you to see it.

I've been enjoying ignoring you and your nonsense, but I'll throw you a bone today and explain this one. Pay attention.

You threw a tantrum over the idea of signing Amos because you don't think he can play single high (you're wrong about that, but I can't correct all of your ********-- I'm just one person).

"You don't overpay for cover 2 safeties" is what you said. By which you meant 2 high safeties. But again, I don't have time to explain everything to you, so I'll stay on message.

So then you turn around and call for the Packers to spend what will amount to that much or more on Collins who is basically the polar opposite of a single high safety.

In other words, the sheer volume of useless drivel that spills onto this forum from you is leading you to contradict yourself regularly. What you are calling for today is what you threw a hissy over yesterday.

I find this funny, hence the laughing emojis. Hope that made sense. Let me know if you need further clarification.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I realize you don't see what's so funny. Most of the time, you are what's funny. Which makes it hard for you to see it.

I've been enjoying ignoring you and your nonsense, but I'll throw you a bone today and explain this one. Pay attention.

You threw a tantrum over the idea of signing Amos because you don't think he can play single high (you're wrong about that, but I can't correct all of your ********-- I'm just one person).

"You don't overpay for cover 2 safeties" is what you said. By which you meant 2 high safeties. But again, I don't have time to explain everything to you, so I'll stay on message.

So then you turn around and call for the Packers to spend what will amount to that much or more on Collins who is basically the polar opposite of a single high safety.

In other words, the sheer volume of useless drivel that spills onto this forum from you is leading you to contradict yourself regularly. What you are calling for today is what you threw a hissy over yesterday.

I find this funny, hence the laughing emojis. Hope that made sense. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Amos = Average Cover 2 safety

Collins= Game changing cover 2 safety

When you start talking about an elite player at a position group it changes the conversation.

Its too bad you don't have the ability to decipher from the two. Explains your ******** Mock drafts I suppose.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Amos = Average Cover 2 safety

Collins= Game changing cover 2 safety

When you start talking about an elite player at a position group it changes the conversation.

Its too bad you don't have the ability to decipher from the two. Explains your ******** Mock drafts I suppose.

You don't know what cover 2 means.

Anyhow. Have a good afternoon.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Back on topic-- the Packers need to be careful about Collins' price tag because coverage isn't his forte, but he's a higher quality of player than what typically makes it to FA. So they should definitely be in on him. And given the safety market of recent off-seasons, he could be a real value.

Amos is my first choice because he can play over the top, but Collins would be my second choice on the safety market.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ha sounds like you don't believe me. Between parts of the Giants games I watched, what Giant fans are saying, and how PFF views him, my opinion seems fair.

I'm asking because the impression I've gotten is the opposite-- that leadership is part of his appeal. But I'm not an expert.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Collins can be schemed to do so many different things then just play the deep half.

He is a great tackler and can force fumbles.

He is a Ball Hawk and is dangerous after the pick.

You can bring pressure with him and he can get to the QB.

You can play him in a cover 4 "robber" where he plays the middle post routes which creates turnover opportunities.

He is a very instinctive football player and plays hard.

He would improve everyone around him which merits going after him.

Maybe some of us are tired of cheap watered down beer.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm asking because the impression I've gotten is the opposite-- that leadership is part of his appeal. But I'm not an expert.

Yeah reading some of your previous comments you aren't a big fan of him either. I guess you can be a nice guy in the locker room and not give full effort on plays, but just not a guy I want on my favorite team. I haven't read too much up on how he is as a person, just more so basing my negative thoughts on him with his effort and missed assignments (maybe laziness?)

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins can be schemed to do so many different things then just play the deep half.

You can play him in a cover 4 "robber" where he plays the middle post routes which creates turnover opportunities.

Correct, in 2016.

Since he wasn't very good last year (or 2017) I get wanting to add him as a bargain and hoping he can return to the 2016 form, but as a top paid safety in the league? Zero chance in hell.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah reading some of your previous comments you aren't a big fan of him either. I guess you can be a nice guy in the locker room and not give full effort on plays, but just not a guy I want on my favorite team. I haven't read too much up on how he is as a person, just more so basing my negative thoughts on him with his effort and missed assignments (maybe laziness?)

I think of Collins the way I think of a running back. A great running back can make a big impact. But the positional value is low. So you have to be careful about how much you invest. Collins is a safety who can't play single high. He's great at it, but that positional value is low. So I would be down with the Packers signing him, but not at elite safety money.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Correct, in 2016.

Since he wasn't very good last year (or 2017) I get wanting to add him as a bargain and hoping he can return to the 2016 form, but as a top paid safety in the league? Zero chance in hell.

He is only 25. The ability is there. He was in a non-stop losing situation in New York which were getting ready to be in if we don't do something.

People thought Woodson was washed up and his best days were behind him only to become NFL defensive player of the league. There wasn't the social media back then there is now so people didnt hear it but there was a lot of bad stuff going on with him and the Raiders back then. There was also a lot of concern the Packers made the right move even paying him what they did when they brought him in. It was far from a slam dunk.

Sometimes guys need a change. Any of these free agents come with risk but at least we know Collins is young and capable.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2 INT's in the last 2 years (both of which were in 2017, to make it worse) doesn't exactly scream ball hawk if you ask me...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
2 INT's in the last 2 years (both of which were in 2017, to make it worse) doesn't exactly scream ball hawk if you ask me...

He is more of a Kam Chancellor then Earl Thomas for sure but he can make plays on the ball and cover TE's and RB's in man coverage.

Collins is what we thought we were gonna get in Josh Jones plain and simple.

I'm giving Collins a pass last year as the Giants D was in such dissaray.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts