Game Time Changed

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just noticed the game time changed here in Vegas from 10:00 to 1:15. I suppose they gotta juggle television games. Same as the first Vikes/GB it should generate a lot of viewers. Now I will have to wait til afternoon to watch the game. Waaaaaah plus daylight saving time changes over sat nite so we have an extra hour to wait, need more beer.:happy0005::stinker:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was changed a while back ago.

Don't know the "official" reason, but the game that Favre comes back to Lambeau couldn't be put in the regular time, right? If only ESPN could get their hands on this one, too...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I just noticed the game time changed here in Vegas from 10:00 to 1:15. I suppose they gotta juggle television games. Same as the first Vikes/GB it should generate a lot of viewers. Now I will have to wait til afternoon to watch the game. Waaaaaah plus daylight saving time changes over sat nite so we have an extra hour to wait, need more beer.:happy0005::stinker:
It was changed back at the beginning of the MLB playoffs due to a supposedly possible conflict with the teams in the New York area. It just happened to be Bretts return to Green Bay. (Right)

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was changed a while back ago.

Don't know the "official" reason, but the game that Favre comes back to Lambeau couldn't be put in the regular time, right? If only ESPN could get their hands on this one, too...

Maybe the sun doesn't come high enough in the sky yet to shine on his golden brown gray hair when he runs out of the tunnel. It's got to look like a halo.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lucky dog. But they told me life wasn't gonna be fair. You could stand outside and scalp your tickets. It should be a great game.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit! That means I am going to miss it now! I will at the Raiders/Chargers game. :(

Was hoping to catch this at the tailgate!!!!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Sorry to all of those who love conspiracy theories, but the re-scheduling had nothing to do with Favre and the Vikings playing at Lambeau Field ...

This game was already being re-scheduled (and still would have regardless of whether or not Favre was playing for the Vikings ...) when it was a possibility that the Twins might have made the play-offs (MLB) - so it (might) not conflict with those (at that time) possible play off games ...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the reason was the Phillies. The Eagles game used to be in that window, but they moved it because of the possibility of the Phillies going to the World Series or something. I think it was so people could attend both the Phillies game and the Eagles game easily if the Phillies made the Series.

Though, it's pretty obvious the NFL was looking for any reason, no matter how small, to move that game. I'm surprised they didn't jam it into Sunday Night somehow.

EDIT: My suspicions were confirmed
"But the NFL has pulled an early flip-flop of Sunday games, due ostensibly to the possibility of a World Series game being played in Philadelphia on November 1."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/13/vikings-packers-moves-to-415-pm-on-november-1/

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup was changed 3 weeks ago?

I will be there!
I'm jealous. I don't need to tell you and your brother to have fun, but...have fun!

And drink a few Miller Lites for me! I'm don't think anything tastes better than an ice cold Miller Lite at Lambeau. :beer:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be sending text messages to those who want them

Lot of pictures and some video as well

Any requests?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Plus, your Mom will send you to bed early before the game is over since it's a school night, right?

Members online

Latest posts