F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, we can argue all day about who's an "expert" and who's not. The only "undisputed experts" in my opinion are NFL GMs and Scouts. But they never reveal their opinions until after the Draft. If you scour the NFL Combine pages, those are the only "biblical" notes I truly heed. The final say so will be when Reagor is drafted. If the Packers pass on him and go somewhere else at 30th Overall, then that will be the bottom line.

Oh? So it will the bottom line that he slid if he doesn't go in the first round?

I don't think you've been reading what I'm saying.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So your "argument" is a non-argument then?

His argument is that it doesn't matter where or he goes or whether he "slides" or "rises," but what happens after that.

You can be right about where a guy will go, but wrong about what kind of player he will be.

Me, I don't care so much about accurately predicting who goes where. I'm more interested in identifying who I think will be good pros.

Think of it this way-- you like Justin Jefferson a lot more than me. If on draft day he slid into the 3rd down (unrealistic hypothetical), I might thump my chest and say I called it. But if he's a rock star, stud receiver after two years, was I really right?

So a few pundits moving Reagor down the board because his forty was slower than expected doesn't really phase me. Nothing changed for me at the combine in terms of what I think he can be at the next level. And if he can be had later because of it, so much the better.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eighth Mock - Free Agency Week 2

TRADE!!!
Green Bay trades 30th Overall - 196.31 pts (Espensa)
New York Jets trades 48th, 79th, and 110th Overall - 207.32 pts

Still trying to narrow this one down to where I think Gute goes. This COULD be the best case scenario, but this was very painful to watch, and would be on Draft Day until we start picking.

48th Overall: Brandon Aiyuk - WR/Arizona State: He's not as fast as I'd like, but he knows what to do with the ball in his hands. If there's one thing this position group is lacking, is YAC. Aiyuk monopolized on nearly every opportunity he got at ASU.

62nd Overall: Cesar Ruiz - G/Michigan: Gute can go ahead and cut Lane Taylor, and bring Linsley back on a more team friendly deal, or select the next Center in the '21 Draft. Wagner is not Bulaga, and while I'm unsure if Gute agrees but I'd like him to get a lot more help on that right side than Billy Turner. Ruiz is a future All-Pro on the line for years to come.

79th Overall: Raekwon Davis, DL/Alabama: Davis is back in the fold, although at a slightly lower position on Day 2. He instantly bolsters the weakest position group on the defense.

94th Overall: Akeem Davis-Gaither, ILB/Appalachian State: Davis-Gaither, the do-it-all LB comes up a Round to bring an instant starter to the LB Corps and flexibility to Pettine's scheme.

120th Overall: Van Jefferson, WR/Florida: I truly believe Jefferson would have blown the Combine away and elevated himself to solid Day 2 status without the injury. He becomes a steal early in the 4th Round. He's shifty, and carries the same pedigree that his father Shawn did in the NFL for so many years.

136th Overall: Broderick Washington, DL/Texas Tech: The powerful 3T comes up at this spot to bolster Kenny Clark on downs where Pettine only uses 2 defensive linemen.

175th Overall: Thaddeus Moss, TE/LSU: After losing out on Hooper, Gute tries to pad the position group here. This selection could pay off dividends in the very near future. Can you imagine Randy Moss being at Training Camp and Practice lending little tidbits to our WRs while he watches his son become a pro? I like that idea.

192nd Overall: Trey Adams, OT/Washington: The big guy plugs in right behind Wagner in case he doesn't pan out like we hope. I'm really looking forward to this selection paying off sooner rather than later.

208th Overall: Lamical Perine, RB/Florida: With Tyler Ervin back I'm not sure if LeFleur is still hoping for another RB, or maybe Gute is preparing for Jamaal Williams probable/eventual departure. Perine is low hanging fruit at this point in the Draft, but he's a good utility back who could fill in for Dexter Williams he might be a Practice Squad stash or cut.

209th Overall: Reggie Robinson II, CB/Tulsa: Robinson has all the makings of a shut down cornerback....on paper. Robinson didn't quite always put it together on the field and could struggle early on, but a new secondary coach could turn this selection into a real gem.

236th Overall: Terrence Steele, OT/Texas Tech: This OT class is like Folgers, good to the last drop. Steele has a lot to work with, and I look forward to seeing what he could do in the Green and Gold in a couple years after the coaches clean up some of his poor technique at times.

242nd Overall: Javaris Davis, CB/Auburn: Davis, at 5'8 is probably off half the league's draft boards, but in the 7th, he's way too talented to pass up. He ran 4.39 at the Combine and doesn't shy away from anyone bigger than him. I'd be very intrigued to see him as dime or push for time in nickel as well.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance Ruiz lasts that long. He's the first iOL off the board.

Wills
Wirfs
Becton
Thomas

I have them all going before him. And Cushenberry might have the edge coming out of LSU too.

I swear nobody watched Trey Adams play this year.

Not saying he's bad, but he was kind of polarizing in the interview and that injury history is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe he comes up to the 5th? Who's to say?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wills
Wirfs
Becton
Thomas

I have them all going before him. And Cushenberry might have the edge coming out of LSU too.

Not saying he's bad, but he was kind of polarizing in the interview and that injury history is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe he comes up to the 5th? Who's to say?

Why are you listing OT's when I'm talking about iOL? They're different positions.

My point with the Trey Adams comment is that his 2019 tape wasn't very good, his injury history is terrible, and he's an awful athlete. He's an UDFA, imo.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you listing OT's when I'm talking about iOL? They're different positions.

I missed your "i", sorry. Why do people make it an "i" and not a "I"? Does the lowercase reinforce something?

I HATE these new designations everyone uses. Just call them OT/T, OG/G, and C. I get it that Centers can play Guard and vice versa, but I'm just set in my ways. I feel the same about "iDL/IDL".....just call them DTs.

My point with the Trey Adams comment is that his 2019 tape wasn't very good, his injury history is terrible, and he's an awful athlete. He's an UDFA, imo.

The tape wasn't spectacular by any means. But the 2017 tape had us saying he was the 1st OT off the board. Maybe he can regain some semblance of that form, maybe he never will. For a 6th Rounder, I'd be intrigued to see what a couple years on the bench, staying healthy and improving technique could do. If he's a reliable backup immediately and All-Pro by Year 6 I'd call this pick a home run.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss lasting that long is more unrealistic than Ruiz at #62 IMO....which by the way I also feel Ruiz is a 1st rounder honestly. DUDE is one of the best iOL to come into the draft in recent memory for me.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a great selection for our 1st pick in the 6th Round, but he may have to get selected in the 5th.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wouldn't think Charles lasts into the 5th round unless his off-field issues are a fairly largely concern. So that's kind of a catch 22.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a great selection for our 1st pick in the 6th Round, but he may have to get selected in the 5th.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Like Dantes said, if his off field checks out, he's going higher than that.

If his off field doesn't check out, you may be right...but that would also be a concern.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't think Charles lasts into the 5th round unless his off-field issues are a fairly largely concern. So that's kind of a catch 22.

The thing with players like Charles, there's 3 kinds of GMs:

1. Totally off their draft boards
2. Will draft if they fall way down
3. Will draft purely based on talent at appropriate selection

I'm not sure we know exactly who Gute is yet, but the only GM we have to watch out for is #3, and if that's the case, then yeah he's gone. But if he isn't I like him in the 5th or our 1st selection in the 6th to be a better than good swing tackle.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 2o days away people!!!!

I've probably got 3 more mocks in me, which I'll publish later this week.

I'll post 2 "final mocks" before I enter @AmishMafia Contest. A stand pat, and a trade down scenario.

Lack of Pro Days is really killing it for me. Gonna have to stick to my guns from the regular season I guess.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TRADE!!!

Still trying to narrow this one down to where I think Gute goes. This COULD be the best case scenario, but this was very painful to watch, and would be on Draft Day until we start picking.

48th Overall: Brandon Aiyuk - WR/Arizona State: He's not as fast as I'd like, but he knows what to do with the ball in his hands. If there's one thing this position group is lacking, is YAC. Aiyuk monopolized on nearly every opportunity he got at ASU.

62nd Overall: Cesar Ruiz - G/Michigan: Gute can go ahead and cut Lane Taylor, and bring Linsley back on a more team friendly deal, or select the next Center in the '21 Draft. Wagner is not Bulaga, and while I'm unsure if Gute agrees but I'd like him to get a lot more help on that right side than Billy Turner. Ruiz is a future All-Pro on the line for years to come.

79th Overall: Raekwon Davis, DL/Alabama: Davis is back in the fold, although at a slightly lower position on Day 2. He instantly bolsters the weakest position group on the defense.

94th Overall: Akeem Davis-Gaither, ILB/Appalachian State: Davis-Gaither, the do-it-all LB comes up a Round to bring an instant starter to the LB Corps and flexibility to Pettine's scheme.

120th Overall: Van Jefferson, WR/Florida: I truly believe Jefferson would have blown the Combine away and elevated himself to solid Day 2 status without the injury. He becomes a steal early in the 4th Round. He's shifty, and carries the same pedigree that his father Shawn did in the NFL for so many years.

136th Overall: Broderick Washington, DL/Texas Tech: The powerful 3T comes up at this spot to bolster Kenny Clark on downs where Pettine only uses 2 defensive linemen.

175th Overall: Thaddeus Moss, TE/LSU: After losing out on Hooper, Gute tries to pad the position group here. This selection could pay off dividends in the very near future. Can you imagine Randy Moss being at Training Camp and Practice lending little tidbits to our WRs while he watches his son become a pro? I like that idea.

192nd Overall: Trey Adams, OT/Washington: The big guy plugs in right behind Wagner in case he doesn't pan out like we hope. I'm really looking forward to this selection paying off sooner rather than later.

208th Overall: Lamical Perine, RB/Florida: With Tyler Ervin back I'm not sure if LeFleur is still hoping for another RB, or maybe Gute is preparing for Jamaal Williams probable/eventual departure. Perine is low hanging fruit at this point in the Draft, but he's a good utility back who could fill in for Dexter Williams he might be a Practice Squad stash or cut.

209th Overall: Reggie Robinson II, CB/Tulsa: Robinson has all the makings of a shut down cornerback....on paper. Robinson didn't quite always put it together on the field and could struggle early on, but a new secondary coach could turn this selection into a real gem.

236th Overall: Terrence Steele, OT/Texas Tech: This OT class is like Folgers, good to the last drop. Steele has a lot to work with, and I look forward to seeing what he could do in the Green and Gold in a couple years after the coaches clean up some of his poor technique at times.

242nd Overall: Javaris Davis, CB/Auburn: Davis, at 5'8 is probably off half the league's draft boards, but in the 7th, he's way too talented to pass up. He ran 4.39 at the Combine and doesn't shy away from anyone bigger than him. I'd be very intrigued to see him as dime or push for time in nickel as well.
I like Ruiz a lot too. Not sure he’ll be there late in the second round. If he stays as a G, could Jenkins slide to RT?

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins isn't a OT at all. Ruiz would be the solution to either Linsley departing at C or if Billy Turner doesn't have a better 2020 at RG. I ultimately believe Gute will select an OT late Day 3 with Wagner being a placeholder until he can draft an OT high in 2021.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins isn't a OT at all. Ruiz would be the solution to either Linsley departing at C or if Billy Turner doesn't have a better 2020 at RG. I ultimately believe Gute will select an OT late Day 3 with Wagner being a placeholder until he can draft an OT high in 2021.
Thanks. I thought Jenkins had played all along the OL in college - but yeah, T is a reach. Maybe you’re right and given other team needs, 2021 might be the better year to address T with a 1st or 2nd round pick. We’ll just have to hope that Wagner, and whoever else Gluten takes in the draft at OT, can help make up for Bulaga’s production at the position. Not easy to do after the year Bulaga just had.

Reaction score
Mocky Mocky Mocky....

Seventh Mock - Free Agency Week 1

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades 30th Overall - 196.31 pts (CB J. Gladney)
Carolina trades 38th and 69th Overall - 228.87 pts

This trade MIGHT be a little too rich, but it'll probably change next week anyways. So I won't over analyze here.

38th Overall: Denzel Mims, WR/Baylor - Strong, physical fast, he'll do wonders in this offense and make it a 1v1 situation at all times across from Adams.

62nd Overall: Justin Madubuike, DL/Texas A&M - All you defensive masterminds and Raekwon Davis haters should like this one. Plays 3T & 5T VERY well. Maybe a Kenny Clark Jr in the making?

69th Overall: Adam Trautman, TE/Dayton - With this trade, I(Gute included) have a ton of flexibility with this pick. This could go to either side of the ball. But since we lost out on Hooper, Gute goes for the small town darling with big time potential. We've got 2 extra roster spots now, and no matter what I see them going to a big body.

94th Overall: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT/Auburn - I have been trying all offseason to nail this guy, and here he is. We all know Wagner ain't Bulaga, but Wanogho sure could be. Keep in mind Bakh is in line for an expensive payday next year. Wagner is insurance if we get burned in 2021, but Wanogho is the future for sure.

136th Overall: Akeem Davis-Gaither, ILB/Appalachain State - Kirksey gave Gute flexibility, and he still has faith in Burks for some reason, and both Summers and Bolton are waiting in the wings. Davis-Gaither is a dynamic small school gem. Some were worried about his frame but he weighed in at the combine at 224. It's not unrealistic to see him pick up 7-11 lbs of muscle by Year 2, but I like this potential duo inside.

175th Overall: Jonah Jackson, G/Ohio State - Gute can release Lane Taylor now, and he can possibly let Linsley walk next year. Jackson is scheme diverse after playing for both Rutgers and then transferring to Columbus his Senior year.

196th Overall: Broderick Washington, DL/Texas Tech - He's my Day 3 gem in this DL Class. This guy is STRONG and he plays VIOLENT. He's a little undersized but don't shy away from this guy. He's a rotational guy who's going to present problems and not allow the opposing OL to catch a break.

208th Overall: Tanner Muse, S/Clemson - Muse did interview with the Packers and many other teams and expressed willingness to line up at LB. He's moved up an entire round in the process. This may be too late to select him. I'm very intrigued with the possible flexibility he could provide the front seven.

209th Overall: Trey Adams, OT/Washington - This might be too late to grab him. But I think the injury history and depending on how you grade his "interview", might leave him hanging around Day 3. Paired with Wanogho this could give the OL stability for 4+ years in the event we lose Bakh.

236th Overall: Shyhiem Carter, CB/Alabama - This DB class is suspect after Day 2, but I'm willing to trot out Carter on a tryout for nickel or dime. The safety experience isn't too bad either.

242nd Overall: Bryce Huff, OLB/Memphis - Nice developmental guy, a little shorter than I'd like for an edge guy, but he's got a little speed, and little power. Gets into the backfield at a high clip and the motor keeps running. Could be a good Practice Squad stash depending on his preseason.

What I like most about your scenario is that trade down and the ripple effect it has with an extra selection. What I'm seeing is about a dozen or so players left at our pick #30 selection that I have relatively equal, barring any anomalies. That means there will likely be some unusually strong options at WR well into the Mims pick where you selected him, I watched more of him yesterday and he's the real deal. I expect him to make some strides in just his first season.

The only difference is I would key on going after DT/LB/OL with #62, #69 and #94. It takes about 2 seasons to get production from most TE's and I think we can find some good talent depth there in rounds 4-7 in the meantime. I would rather consider a veteran trade deal like we've done recently at the position. I feel like we can get a starter at LB and maybe even DT by pick #69. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us use a day 3 selection in conjunction with another day 2 pick to move up slightly to nail those 2 positions and get this run D fixed once and for all.

Then we can load up on CB and Offense with a slew of day 3 selections.

Overall yours was a really good post I think

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think we still see him take an OT that started at least 3 seasons in college somewhere in the 3-6 rounds as added insurance this season (leaning 3rd-5th round depending on how we move or don't move around the board early on)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...5-predictions-with-under-a-month-to-go#slide0

More stuff I'm hearing(reading). Tua sliding is really good for us. Somebody will jump up and get him or opt to take him as a guy they can develop for 2-3 years. Raiders, Saints, and Patriots might not be able to pass up on him. GOD I hope he doesn't go to New England, because if anyone can create a system for him to be a monster, it's Belichick. We might be stuck with him for another 10 years if he gets Tua.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TRADE!!!