F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINAL MOCK (NO TRADES)
Analysis will be from a "Why Gute did it" perspective.

30th Overall: Denzel Mims, WR - Baylor: Gute has to make this pick because the Top 15 teams that DIDN'T select a WR in the 1st Round are all going to select them in the 2nd Round. After looking at multiple scenarios, if Gute waits til 62nd Overall, he'll be lucky if Bryan Edwards or Chase Claypool are even there. To bypass WR here would mean Gute plans to trade up to roughly 45th Overall, which isn't a bad move but this is assuming he can find a trade partner.
(Alternate Selection - M. Davidson, DL - Auburn)

62nd Overall: Lucas Niang, OT - TCU: David Bakhtiari has said he wants to remain in Green Bay, but there are no guarantees that happens. Rick Wagner is decent, but he had a down 2019 and we don't know how he'll look in this unit. Gute could punt to later in Day 2 or Day 3 even but he might need a difference maker sooner than later.
(Alternate Selection - R. Davis, DL - Alabama)

94th Overall: Jordyn Brooks, LB - Texas Tech: By my estimation, and I'm taking Blake Martinez's testimony into account as well, that Gute like Ted before him, will not highly value the ILB position. Brooks is a better athlete than Martinez and as such will garner a bit more draft capital than he did at 131st Overall back in 2016. The well goes dry here anyway.
(Alternate Selection - W. Gay, LB - Mississippi State)

136th Overall: Zack Moss, RB - Utah: LeFleur has advocated for another RB & Jamaal Williams is likely going to test free agency. Moss, can provide the "thunder" to the Packers rushing attack in Williams' projected absence.
(Alternate Selection - B. Washington, DL - Texas Tech)

175th Overall: Tremayne Anchrum, OG - Clemson: With the ability to now dress 8 offensive linemen, Gute will want another swing tackle. Anchrum does not have the length to play OT full-time, but can step up in a pinch. I suspect if Gute cannot find a swing tackle, Veldheer will be receiving a call.
(Alternate Selection - B. Huff, OLB - Memphis)

192nd Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: It's not going to be pretty, but the DL is going to get the cold shoulder from Gute this offseason. Outside of Agim, expect plenty of UDFAs to address that position group, I believe he's not sold on this year's class.
(Alternate Selection - Q. Watkins, WR - Southern Miss)

208th Overall: D.J. Wonnum, OLB - South Carolina: Gute is going to give Pettine every reason to get Gary on the field; and while Wonnum has the RAS Gute's looking for, he shouldn't threaten Gary on the depth chart. But if Gute should know one thing with his time in Green Bay, the injury bug can derail a season quickly.
(Alternate Selection - C. Coughlin, LB - Minnesota)

209th Overall: Shyheim Carter, DB - Alabama: Gute has already said publicly that he has Tramon Williams in his back pocket. He's not going to force himself to take a CB unless the right guy falls in his lap. Come on back for one last ride Tramon.
(Alternate Selection - N. Stanley, QB - Iowa)

236th Overall: Stephan Sullivan, TE - LSU: Gute is going to let Sternberger show him what he's got. However, Devin Funchess has yet to completely pass his physical. Funchess is 6'4/232 and ran 4.70 at the Combine in 2015. Sullivan is 6'5/248 and ran 4.66; and his medical is good.
(Alternate Selection - C. Orr, LB - Wisconsin)

237th Overall: Charlie Taumoepeau, TE - Portland State: I'm sure Gute wished Danny Vitale the best of luck on his way to Foxboro. Taumoepeau can possibly fill in. If not, no biggie, LeFleur has show he can do without.
(Alternate Selection - B. Jones, DL - Mississippi)

Now you guys have 24 hours to drag me....

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go. We are now at the end of the NFL's second season. Tomorrow, we begin the Super Bowl (eh, Draft) of the off season. Literally folks, this is the only game IN THE WORLD right now! This isn't the main stage, its the ONLY stage.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINAL MOCK (TRADE SCENARIO)
Analysis will be from a "What Gute would do" perspective.

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades 30th Overall - 196.31 points (J. Love)
Los Angeles Chargers trades 37th Overall & 112th Overall - 189.27 points

37th Overall: Michael Pittman, WR - USC: Gute channels his Ted Thompson and engineers a similar trade that landed Green Bay Kevin King. Gute shoots for Aiyuk, but the Colts steal him at 34th Overall. I expect offers from both franchises to come tomorrow night.
(Alternate Selection - L. Shenault, WR - Colorado)

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades 62nd Overall & 94th Overall - 125.13 points (T. Biadasz & B. Edwards)
Miami trades 56th Overall, 141st Overall, & 227th Overall - 114.87 points

56th Overall: Ross Blacklock, DT - TCU: Gute does not like this DL class. He only interviewed officially the top guys and a bunch of guys who'll be UDFAs. He either procures a difference maker in the first two rounds or we'll see a familiar sub-par run defense in 2020. Blacklock, who had some medical concerns, might be the steal of the 2nd Round.
(Alternate Selection - J. Johnson, CB - Utah)

112th Overall: Willie Gay Jr, ILB - Mississippi State: Gute further addresses the ILB position with an early Day 3 pick. Gute expects Gay, like Blake Martinez before him, to overachieve compared to his draft position.
(Alternate Selection - R. Robinson II, CB - Tulsa)

136th Overall: Alex Taylor, OT - South Carolina State: Gute costs himself a premium OT prospect and a CB with Blacklock, but Wagner is insurance for that. Tramon Williams gets a call. Taylor won't be a bad consolation prize either.
(Alternate Selection - T. Dye, LB - Oregon)

141st Overall: Jon Runyan Jr, OG - Michigan: This could be a miss on my part, but I believe Gute will be searching for an interior guy early on Day 3.
(Alternate Selection - A. Gibson, WR - Memphis)

175th Overall: Joe Reed, WR - Virginia: This could also be a misconception on my part but I expect one stab at WR late as well, especially one who can contribute on Special Teams.
(Alternate Selection - B. Huff, OLB - Memphis)

192nd Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: Gute will look for a late Day 3 DL prospect, he'll add additional UDFAs later.
(Alternate Selection - Y. Durant, OG - Missouri)

208th Overall: Lamical Perine, RB - Florida: Gute will search for a Day 3 RB candidate that will soften the potential loss of Jamaal Williams.
(Alternate Selection - S. Carter, DB - Alabama)

209th Overall: D.J. Wonnum, OLB - South Carolina: Gute still selects Wonnum in an attempt to provide depth to the OLB position in case of injury.
(Alternate Selection - C. Coughlin, LB - Minnesota)

227th Overall: Stephen Sullivan, TE - LSU: With Funchess' physical still pending, Gute adds Sullivan as another big body to the pass catching corps.
(Alternate Selection - R. Dowdle, RB - South Carolina)

236th Overall: Tyler Hall, CB - Wyoming: Even with Tramon in his back pocket, if Gute finds a late Day 3 prospect with high upside, he'll take them somewhere around here.
(Alternate Selection - J. Davis, CB - Auburn)

242nd Overall: Charlie Taumoepeau, TE - Portland State: 13 picks away from Mr. Irrelevant, Gute still takes a stab at filling the role vacated by Danny Vitale.
(Alternate Selection, F. Swain, WR - Florida)

Still roughly 24 hours to drag me....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts