F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. This kid's YAC is other worldly. And to get another high pick for him is icing on the cake.

I'm not a fan of Ruiz with that extra pick though. I would go for the another WR, or a top TE or high end RB there I think. Really max our our weapon opportunity with our first two picks.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. This kid's YAC is other worldly. And to get another high pick for him is icing on the cake.

I'm not a fan of Ruiz with that extra pick though. I would go for the another WR, or a top TE or high end RB there I think. Really max our our weapon opportunity with our first two picks.

I just can't see Gute going for a RB outside of Day 3. I mean if I guy falls terribly far sure, but we just have too many other pressing needs. Gute only interviewed one RB at the Combine or Pre-Draft, Zack Moss from Utah; and he's probably a 4th or 5th Round selection.

I didn't see a WR that really fell that I thought Gute would chase after, but then again we haven't really seen him do any interviews on late round guys either; Cephus is the one and I don't think he's interested anymore. I think with the Funchess signing we're just going to see one WR selected early, but again we never know. Maybe he'll dabble again around Cephus' value late Day 3.

The Pre-Draft visits have almost exclusively been OL/DL prospects so I'm going to say that we come away with 2 on each side of the line this Draft, and quite frankly we'll need them if we lose Bakh and Linsley to Free Agency.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delaying Final Mocks for 48 hours in case this goes through:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Only John Elway would be stupid enough to trade UP in THIS DRAFT for a WIDE RECEIVER.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm honestly scratching my head at this if Denver does it...I mean it has to be for Jeudy no? If so, there is NO WAY I'm making the deal before the draft actually happens.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't do it.....

Maybe....

Not happening but good effort....

Only if "the price is right"....

I'm not mad....

Not what I want but I get it....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't do it.....

Maybe....

Not happening but good effort....

Only if "the price is right"....

I'm not mad....

Not what I want but I get it....

So many possibilities . . .

The draft contest is going to be a little lean this year.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't forgotten about you, I plan to repeat!!!!

All I gotta do is nail 2 picks, and I lock it up again.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hurts is going to be a better QB than Herbert. I just don't get the Herbert love, the guy looks too mechanical; he's good when he knows exactly where to throw the ball, but if something unexpected happens, he falls apart real quick.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just ran a 4 rounder today and came away with the following haul. I expect the probability of such a draft is zero to minus 50, but I'd take it any day.

30: R1P30 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
62: R2P30WR JALEN REAGOR TCU
94: R3P30RB J.K. DOBBINS OHIO STATE
136: R4P30LB TROY DYE OREGON

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before you guys kill me for not selecting a CB....

Looks like you Love, Hurts, and Morgan fanboys can probably just stuff it....

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Looks like you Love, Hurts, and Morgan fanboys can probably just stuff it....

Eh....I think we take a late round flyer though. I like Stanley out of Iowa as a later round guy. He is a pure pocket stander/thrower but has a sufficient IQ, arm and system. If he can pick up insights on reads and anticipation like Aaron has I think Stanley is a solid backup fill in starter in the future.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Would still be foolish to pass on corner entirely. Even if Williams is brought back, it will be for one year. And the fact that they've waited this long obviously means that they'd love to upgrade if they can. To come out of a draft with no one under contract between 2020 except Alexander, Hollman, and Jackson would be irresponsible.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Gute has clearly labeled Williams as a fallback guy. He even references what he calls an "emergency board" or "ready board" in his press conference of veterans who could be called up at a moment's notice and expected to produce at a high level. The only thing he didn't shed light on, and I would never expect him to do, is how much of a need he believes CB is for the team. I'm only speculating, but probably because Tramon is waiting in the wings, I see CB as a selection in the 3rd - 5th Rounds. I don't think he'll jump to get one, but let a guy who he's high on fall to him and make the pick.

To be honest, this was probably the only real valuable intel that was gained from this press conference. For all these veteran press guys who were on the call, they sure did ask some very "meh" questions. Although I would never expect a true fan to "stick it" to Gute in any case.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly think the organization sees a reason to contract with King....I don't personally think that is a wagon I want to hitch a contract to, but he progressed last year and should he have a solid year this year I'd honestly rather have him than a Linsley if you make me pick into 2021

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Gute has clearly labeled Williams as a fallback guy. He even references what he calls an "emergency board" or "ready board" in his press conference of veterans who could be called up at a moment's notice and expected to produce at a high level. The only thing he didn't shed light on, and I would never expect him to do, is how much of a need he believes CB is for the team. I'm only speculating, but probably because Tramon is waiting in the wings, I see CB as a selection in the 3rd - 5th Rounds. I don't think he'll jump to get one, but let a guy who he's high on fall to him and make the pick.

To be honest, this was probably the only real valuable intel that was gained from this press conference. For all these veteran press guys who were on the call, they sure did ask some very "meh" questions. Although I would never expect a true fan to "stick it" to Gute in any case.

Did you expect Gute to lay out his draft plan?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Given that Tramon was our slot corner, and this is a draft deep with slot corners, I am guessing they have their eye on one or a few and want to see if they end up with one before making their decision.

Members online

Latest posts