Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watching the replay of Mainz v BVB from today. You all know Bayern beat Dormund 5-1? :devilish: The announcers have only spent the first 5 minutes talking about Bayern. :D Gee. I wonder who will win this match. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it wasn't the most exciting game, but that's a new record folks :) 9-0-0
Yeah, congrats to this record but another boring season ahead of us regarding the question who might win the Championship.:rolleyes:;)
Dortmund too inconsistent and Leverkusen, Gladbach or Volkswagen simply not good enough.
However, I really liked Bayerns win at Bremen yesterday :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
That referee needs to get off the damn pitch right the hell now. Unexcusable at this level.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
So disgraceful the game. We need referees to be held accountable and camera referee's to stop this shyte from happening.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So disgraceful the game. We need referees to be held accountable and camera referee's to stop this shyte from happening.
Indeed and I fully understand your frustration. An undeserved win for H96, Cologne was the better team.
But do you remember that bad call for Efzeh against us that gave your team the win. This joke penalty and the red card on top ? One time you benefit from a bad call, next time it's the other team.
But no doubt the performance of the refs havent been as worse as this season. It's time for professional refs but I'm still against video reviews like in the NFL.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Indeed and I fully understand your frustration. An undeserved win for H96, Cologne was the better team.
But do you remember that bad call for Efzeh against us that gave your team the win. This joke penalty and the red card on top ? One time you benefit from a bad call, next time it's the other team.
But no doubt the performance of the refs havent been as worse as this season. It's time for professional refs but I'm still against video reviews like in the NFL.

They also had 2 hand balls in their own box that weren't called for PKs. That's not a 1 for 1 bad call. That's a 1 for 3 bad call meaning I'm still 2 to the negative. Totally not the same thing. Even if the ref didn't call the PK against HSV, Modeste still scores probably, so today is nowhere near an offset of that. Nowhere near.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
They also had 2 hand balls in their own box that weren't called for PKs. That's not a 1 for 1 bad call. That's a 1 for 3 bad call meaning I'm still 2 to the negative. Totally not the same thing. Even if the ref didn't call the PK against HSV, Modeste still scores probably, so today is nowhere near an offset of that. Nowhere near.

Yeah the official missed a couple of PK's in the Bayern game too (irrelevant now, but since it's on topic...). Lewy pulled down by the shoulder, and the other time hit by the GK with his cleats up. The first one if you have a poor angle it'd be hard to see, but missing the second one was inexcusable.

How a handball into the net gets let go is beyond my comprehension.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sorry for the officiating misfortune Biers. I hate when the officiating so directly affects the outcome of a match. :mad:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, congrats to this record but another boring season ahead of us regarding the question who might win the Championship.:rolleyes:;)
Dortmund too inconsistent and Leverkusen, Gladbach or Volkswagen simply not good enough.
However, I really liked Bayerns win at Bremen yesterday :tup:

It wouldn't be boring if the other teams learned better business skills. You need a leader who dodges taxes. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember discussing this with you after the game Bundesbiers and I still dont know what hand balls you're talking about ? Could you please be more specific (when, who etc?) because I have watched the game on TV and I dont remember any serious discussions on TV or on any other media about possible hand balls that might have been a penalty call for Cologne.
Even Stoeger or Schmadtke werent talking about anything like that after the game.
But I remember a hand ball by Risse late in the second half that wasnt called and after watching the scene several times on TV it was O.K. not to make this call imho.
And you're saying Modeste still might have scored...propably. You mean in this situation where he stumbled over his own feet ? Or just later in the game ? I could also say we had scored again and won the game if Cologne did not get this penalty kick ? Propably ! But we'll never know and it doesnt matter anymore, the game is history now and bad calls happen and will happen in the future.
However, let's leave this game where it is, it's over and nothing can be changed anymore.
I just wanted to say that it might be easier to get over it when you remind yourself of other games where your own team was the one that benefitted from a bad call.
But we certainly have to discuss the quality of our refs in the Bundesliga. The Stuttgart game was also decided by a bad call or non- call.
There are 4 refs for every game and none of them sees a hand ball like that ? Embarrassing.
And seeing the player running to his coach and talking to him directly after he scored leaves a bad aftertaste because we all know now that they decided not to say anything about it to the ref.
But I wonder why the refs did not just ask him if he has played the ball with his arm or not ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I remember discussing this with you after the game Bundesbiers and I still dont know what hand balls you're talking about ? Could you please be more specific (when, who etc?) because I have watched the game on TV and I dont remember any serious discussions on TV or on any other media about possible hand balls that might have been a penalty call for Cologne.
Even Stoeger or Schmadtke werent talking about anything like that after the game.
But I remember a hand ball by Risse late in the second half that wasnt called and after watching the scene several times on TV it was O.K. not to make this call imho.
And you're saying Modeste still might have scored...propably. You mean in this situation where he stumbled over his own feet ? Or just later in the game ? I could also say we had scored again and won the game if Cologne did not get this penalty kick ? Propably ! But we'll never know and it doesnt matter anymore, the game is history now and bad calls happen and will happen in the future.
However, let's leave this game where it is, it's over and nothing can be changed anymore.
I just wanted to say that it might be easier to get over it when you remind yourself of other games where your own team was the one that benefitted from a bad call.
But we certainly have to discuss the quality of our refs in the Bundesliga. The Stuttgart game was also decided by a bad call or non- call.
There are 4 refs for every game and none of them sees a hand ball like that ? Embarrassing.
And seeing the player running to his coach and talking to him directly after he scored leaves a bad aftertaste because we all know now that they decided not to say anything about it to the ref.
But I wonder why the refs did not just ask him if he has played the ball with his arm or not ?

The other handballs I was referring to were in the Hannover game as well. They had 2 handballs in their box and not one was called. They used their hand one time offensively and it counts for a goal. Hannover's goal never should have counted and we should've had at least 1 PK if not 2. That's the messed up thing that you said, he ran over to the coach afterwards and they had brief words and then decided not to say anything. This should be a reversal and a fine for Hannover for Fair Play, and the referee needs to go down a league or 2. This is not football to allow this shyte to stand.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other handballs I was referring to were in the Hannover game as well. They had 2 handballs in their box and not one was called. They used their hand one time offensively and it counts for a goal. Hannover's goal never should have counted and we should've had at least 1 PK if not 2. That's the messed up thing that you said, he ran over to the coach afterwards and they had brief words and then decided not to say anything. This should be a reversal and a fine for Hannover for Fair Play, and the referee needs to go down a league or 2. This is not football to allow this shyte to stand.
But they wont change it anymore, because they say it's a factual decision and that cant be overturned. Thats the rule.
Think Mr. Andreasen wont win a Fairplay trophy in the near future.
And as I said before, I'm deeply impressed by Mr. Stoeger. He was very clear and on the point after the game. Great guy !

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So they announced this week that Robben is fit for the Cologne match. What do you think about this; Costa on the left, Robben on the right, Lewy in the middle and Mueller close by? Could be loooonnnggg day for Cologne. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they announced this week that Robben is fit for the Cologne match. What do you think about this; Costa on the left, Robben on the right, Lewy in the middle and Mueller close by? Could be loooonnnggg day for Cologne. :D
I'd bet on a away win for Cologne. :cautious: :D