Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
No that's just more of the silly season rumor mill. Unfortunate that the REAL signing of Basti is going to be taken advantage of by the media to try to give credit to their more outrageous ideas, but that's exactly what they'll do. Zero percent chance Lewandowski leaves.
Yeah, I even read Müller to Man U rumors.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
It would be great if the Rags become a retirement home for FC Bayern's and other such has-beens.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There isnt even a slight chance that ManU could sign him, no way that Bayern is selling him.
But it's shocking how much money ManU and any other EPL team seem to have in comparison to any other German team.....

THAT kind of stupid money was what killed my interest in English football TBO. Teams can buy championships now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Now the rumor mill says Monchengladbach will not entertain interest from Bayern on Xhaka. Would someone please tell these silly magazines that Bayern still has a bunch of world class center midfielders even with Schweini's departure? Alonso, Martinez, Alcantara, then the young guys who are showing up strong. My gosh. How many midfielders of that caliber does one team need. Schweini was great for Bayern and I hope he has a lot of success in England, just not against Everton. ;)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Now the rumor mill says Monchengladbach will not entertain interest from Bayern on Xhaka. Would someone please tell these silly magazines that Bayern still has a bunch of world class center midfielders even with Schweini's departure? Alonso, Martinez, Alcantara, then the young guys who are showing up strong. My gosh. How many midfielders of that caliber does one team need. Schweini was great for Bayern and I hope he has a lot of success in England, just not against Everton. ;)

Seriously, part of the reason they let him go was because they have an absurd surplus of midfielders. If anything its wingers and true strikers that we are short on.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Oh and a decent true center back lol (I'm sorry, Dante just doesn't count anymore.)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
THAT kind of stupid money was what killed my interest in English football TBO. Teams can buy championships now.
Things get crazy because of all the TV money that the EPL generates. To give you an example - Watford FC (!) gets 150m Euros TV money, Bayern Munich only 38 m. Does this make sense ? Definitely not, but thats how the market is. The EPL has way more money to spend than any other league in the world.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can always be sold on to Fenerbahce when there is absolutely no profile left on the tyres. :D
Or Gala, or Besiktas......just like Poldi does. MLS might be another option ;)
A couple players at this point of their career also moved to Greece, but that might not be a good idea these days :rolleyes::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and a decent true center back lol (I'm sorry, Dante just doesn't count anymore.)
Come on, he's not that bad. ;)
He still would play a central role in many other Bundesliga teams.
However, I'm surprised that Pep hasnt signed any other Spanish player so far :rolleyes::D
Pep will leave Bayern after this season and Bayern will have a problem to get rid of all these players that Pep brought in...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Things get crazy because of all the TV money that the EPL generates. To give you an example - Watford FC (!) gets 150m Euros TV money, Bayern Munich only 38 m. Does this make sense ? Definitely not, but thats how the market is. The EPL has way more money to spend than any other league in the world.

Yes, but you forget.....Watford are worth watching :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Come on, he's not that bad. ;)
He still would play a central role in many other Bundesliga teams.
However, I'm surprised that Pep hasnt signed any other Spanish player so far :rolleyes::D
Pep will leave Bayern after this season and Bayern will have a problem to get rid of all these players that Pep brought in...
He's good on set pieces but too slow to defend the opponent's counter attack. He got burned that way a lot last season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another midfielder???? What the heck is going on at Bayern? Unless Pep is trying to load the squad with guys who speak Spanish instead of German, I don't see the reasoning behind this.
Ja, thats strange. And as I said before, it's very likely that Pep will be history after this season and what's happening then with all these players he signed.
However, as a HSV fan this sounds like a luxury problem but to me it just doesnt make sense what they are doing. :cautious:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ja, thats strange. And as I said before, it's very likely that Pep will be history after this season and what's happening then with all these players he signed.
However, as a HSV fan this sounds like a luxury problem but to me it just doesnt make sense what they are doing. :cautious:

Bayern's glaring big problem last year was a real weakness at defending the fast counter attack. Anybody could see it. Why aren't they building up the defense instead?? :poop:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I love Muller lol

Reporter: "What are you looking forward to in China?"

Müller: "Another question please?"

Reporter: "What about Vidal?"

Müller: "The first question again please."

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ach, my brain is trained to the 6 hour difference between Germany and my home. I didn't account for the fact that Bayern was playing in China this morning and it's 2 extra hours difference. So I missed Bayern's friendly against Valencia. I hope ESPN3 puts it up later on.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ach, my brain is trained to the 6 hour difference between Germany and my home. I didn't account for the fact that Bayern was playing in China this morning and it's 2 extra hours difference. So I missed Bayern's friendly against Valencia. I hope ESPN3 puts it up later on.

It was a fun one to watch. Müller was on his game. A friendly is a friendly but it was nice to see some of these newer guys on the field. Costa had another nice game, I think he could be a really good addition.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Vidal signs with FCB for 43.2 Million. Wow. That's a lot of money for the Bundesliga, but chicken scratch compared to the salaries in England. Now let's hope he and Frank Ribery don't hop in a Ferrarri and go shopping for young call girls. :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Muller lol

Reporter: "What are you looking forward to in China?"

Müller: "Another question please?"

Reporter: "What about Vidal?"

Müller: "The first question again please."

He is a funny guy, but I guess he had this interview in German ?!
However, this is a funny classic by him although not meant funny but a typical mistake for us Germans to translate literally. :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts