Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Javi Martinez' knee is still not ready to go, which helps explain why Bayern went after Vidal

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting statistics in this weeks Kicker Magazine issue.
Regarding the number of fans visiting football games the German Bundesliga is No 1 worldwide.
This chart shows what home team has the highest, average number of fans:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And this chart shows what team attracts most people when playing away:

Hope you guys find this quite interesting too?
Any thoughts? ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javi Martinez' knee is still not ready to go, which helps explain why Bayern went after Vidal
From this point of view the transfer makes sense but why did they not just keep Schweini for another year? Way less expensive than Vidal. Will be intersting to see what happens if they are all healthy.
Bayern will have outstanding midfielders warming the bench. This might cause some trouble....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Interesting statistics in this weeks Kicker Magazine issue.
Regarding the number of fans visiting football games the German Bundesliga is No 1 worldwide.
This chart shows what home team has the highest, average number of fans:

And this chart shows what team attracts most people when playing away:

Hope you guys find this quite interesting too?
Any thoughts? ;)
From this point of view the transfer makes sense but why did they not just keep Schweini for another year? Way less expensive than Vidal. Will be intersting to see what happens if they are all healthy.
Bayern will have outstanding midfielders warming the bench. This might cause some trouble....

It had caused a little trouble last year, but the injury situation helped keep it at bay. Goetze's agent complained that he wasn't getting enough playing time and, if I recall, a couple other players felt the same way. But none of them really wanted to jump ship, except Schweini. However, I think he had other reasons.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It had caused a little trouble last year, but the injury situation helped keep it at bay. Goetze's agent complained that he wasn't getting enough playing time and, if I recall, a couple other players felt the same way. But none of them really wanted to jump ship, except Schweini. However, I think he had other reasons.

Right. You have to remember that FCB didn't deal Bastian, Bastian asked to go.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Nice to have another win, even if it is only a friendly.

Thoughts: Thiago did not look good this game IMO. Had the ball stolen from him numerous times, just seemed out of sync completely.

Muller either is being used in a more strategically striking manner, or he just really wants goals. SHOTS SHOTS AND SHOTS! Lew was even in to start and still Thomas was making most of the attempts.

Costa is looking like a great pickup. Just 2 friendlies, so this comes with a grain of salt, but he has been electric so far.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nice to have another win, even if it is only a friendly.

Thoughts: Thiago did not look good this game IMO. Had the ball stolen from him numerous times, just seemed out of sync completely.

Muller either is being used in a more strategically striking manner, or he just really wants goals. SHOTS SHOTS AND SHOTS! Lew was even in to start and still Thomas was making most of the attempts.

Costa is looking like a great pickup. Just 2 friendlies, so this comes with a grain of salt, but he has been electric so far.

Lewandoski has been having trouble finding the net. That one shot was a perfect set up and he skyed it. They didn't look bad. I was happy when he brought in Gaudino. I love that kid. I had a really bad feed. Did I seed Lahm go off early? I also didn't recognize the one player for Bayern and I can't find his name, Benko maybe? He must have been a try out from FCB II.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Lewandoski has been having trouble finding the net. That one shot was a perfect set up and he skyed it. They didn't look bad. I was happy when he brought in Gaudino. I love that kid. I had a really bad feed. Did I seed Lahm go off early? I also didn't recognize the one player for Bayern and I can't find his name, Benko maybe? He must have been a try out from FCB II.

Lahm got "a knock". Wasn't limping or anything, and Pep later said they left with no new injuries, so it sounds like he was just being careful.

New kid was Fabian Benko. FCB II player.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/guardiola-pleased-teen-benko

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern wrap up their china tour with a 4-5 loss on penalties to Evergrande.

Not much to say here. Game was pretty boring and Pep had a few guys starting I never even heard of before. Most starters played very limited, so it was hard to make any evaluations on performance.

Benatia suffered a minor calf injury in warm ups, so that'll be something to keep an eye on.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Not much to say here. Game was pretty boring and Pep had a few guys starting I never even heard of before. Most starters played very limited, so it was hard to make any evaluations on performance.

Benatia suffered a minor calf injury in warm ups, so that'll be something to keep an eye on.

I was mowing the lawn believe it or not! Had to get it done while the temp will still in the 70's.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

They really aired an FC Bayern friendly against a Chinese team in the US ? Where did you watch it ? :cautious::D
Rummenigge just confirmed that they have agreed terms with Vidal....

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
They really aired an FC Bayern friendly against a Chinese team in the US ? Where did you watch it ? :cautious::D
Rummenigge just confirmed that they have agreed terms with Vidal....

Haha no it wasn't aided in the US. I watched a German broadcast of it online

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Just cancelled FuboTV, guess I have to subscribe to Fox Soccer 2 Go. It's 20/month, but only 100 if you purchase an annual subscription, which comes out to 8.33/month.

I liked FuboTV, too bad there's no way they can get bundesliga now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just cancelled FuboTV, guess I have to subscribe to Fox Soccer 2 Go. It's 20/month, but only 100 if you purchase an annual subscription, which comes out to 8.33/month.

I liked FuboTV, too bad there's no way they can get bundesliga now.

Fubo TV has the Everton channel on it. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Latest posts