Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a shocker to me though, because Bayern has an overloaded midfield right now with Xabi coming in this year and Javi coming back to full health.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He was losing playing time at FCB. He's 31. Man U is offering him a bucket load of money. I don't fault him if he does take the opportunity.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It's official, Bastian to Man U, per his request.

Best of luck fussballgott!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football God, right ??
Right. But there is only one football god and he certainly must be a HSV fan after not being relegated for the second year in a row despite of two unbelieveable bad seasons :D
Back on Schweini, clever move by him as he had only warmed the bench. Pep isnt a big fan of him. And its certainly not the money that makes him moving to ManU, imho. As much as I heard he doesnt get more money than at Bayern.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Right. But there is only one football god and he certainly must be a HSV fan after not being relegated for the second year in a row despite of two unbelieveable bad seasons :D
Back on Schweini, clever move by him as he had only warmed the bench. Pep isnt a big fan of him. And its certainly not the money that makes him moving to ManU, imho. As much as I heard he doesnt get more money than at Bayern.

Hamburg's football God is also known as "Loki".

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Was pleasantly surprised today to not see a thousand doom and gloom articles about Bayern since they finished last in the Telekom cup.....then I stumbled upon Bleacher Report lol. Why must american sports news be so friggin dramatic?

Again some of that American fascination with friendly matches that don't really mean much and aren't fielding actual teams. Drives me nuts.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Was pleasantly surprised today to not see a thousand doom and gloom articles about Bayern since they finished last in the Telekom cup.....then I stumbled upon Bleacher Report lol. Why must american sports news be so friggin dramatic?

Again some of that American fascination with friendly matches that don't really mean much and aren't fielding actual teams. Drives me nuts.

Neither Goal nor Bild gave Bayern a good review either. Kicker said there were good points and bad points but that Pep experimented too much. 11 Freunde said Bayern were disappointing. I guess it wasn't just the U.S. media. Heck, let's let Nessie's Hamburg have their day in the Sun.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Neither Goal nor Bild gave Bayern a good review either. Kicker said there were good points and bad points but that Pep experimented too much. 11 Freunde said Bayern were disappointing. I guess it wasn't just the U.S. media. Heck, let's let Nessie's Hamburg have their day in the Sun.

I guess it's hard for me to take any review seriously when Jaun Bernat, Mehdie Benatia, Jérôme Boateng, Dante, Mario Götze, Robert Lewandowski, Javi Martínez, Manuel Neuer, and Arjen Robben did not play at all. :p

I think this was the perfect time for Pep to experiment. With the depth bayern has, it's unlikely some of the guys who played yesterday will have another chance to put serious time into a match.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it's hard for me to take any review seriously when Jaun Bernat, Mehdie Benatia, Jérôme Boateng, Dante, Mario Götze, Robert Lewandowski, Javi Martínez, Manuel Neuer, and Arjen Robben did not play at all. :p

I think this was the perfect time for Pep to experiment. With the depth bayern has, it's unlikely some of the guys who played yesterday will have another chance to put serious time into a match.
Favre.....the Gladbach Favre of course ;), said that his main target was reached, nobody got injured. And that says it all. It doesnt count, it doesnt matter, it's only friendlies. :rolleyes::D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
This is why they say it

"They" being those not old enough to remember a real Fussballgott such as Franz Beckenbauer? Schweini is to me just another one of Bayerns plunderings. He does to this day still remind me of Hertha Berlin. Unlike others though, Schweini managed to hang on for awhile.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
"They" being those not old enough to remember a real Fussballgott such as Franz Beckenbauer? Schweini is to me just another one of Bayerns plunderings. He does to this day still remind me of Hertha Berlin. Unlike others though, Schweini managed to hang on for awhile.

Yeah I don't disagree. Basti has had a very solid and respectable career, and a relatively long one at that, but I don't personally see him as Fussballgott.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Now Utd want Lewandowski ?? Are any Bayern Munich staying ?

No that's just more of the silly season rumor mill. Unfortunate that the REAL signing of Basti is going to be taken advantage of by the media to try to give credit to their more outrageous ideas, but that's exactly what they'll do. Zero percent chance Lewandowski leaves.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
There isnt even a slight chance that ManU could sign him, no way that Bayern is selling him.
But it's shocking how much money ManU and any other EPL team seem to have in comparison to any other German team.....

Aside from Bayern, who ranked third in the world several years ago (I don't have more current or time to find the new numbers right now), no other German team ranks in the top 10 in the world even, whereas there are several English, Italian, or other Euro nation with multiple in the top 10.

Members online

Latest posts