Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I have to side with Itkovian on this one. Neuer is arguably the best goalie anyone has seen in ages, if not the history of German football. As far as not shaking Klopp's hand, you do realize the intense athletic rivalry between the two teams and the knockout punch to Lewandowski that was ignored by the ref? If Neuer hit someone like that, he would have been instant red carded without a question because of who he is. It is my opinion Klopp teaches his players to play dirty and for that reason, I sure hope Bayern doesn't go after him to replace Pep.
Sure Crokie ive no problem with that its just a matter of opinion, but one thing is interesting it seems sometime's the latest generations flavor of the month is the best ever. When sometimes given time and reflection its not always the case. Football is a contact sport and things happen sometimes that we all dont like, but you have to deal with it thats the nature of it as a game. I'm old school once the whistle is blown to end the game shake hands and thats it, not doing this seems churlish. As you know its just a game not life or death.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Nessie! I just put two and two together. I think Hamburg is to blame for the plight of Bayern AND their own plight. Bayern has been consistently losing ever since I ate a candy bar that came from Hamburg. That MUST be what happened. :cautious:
You mean there might be a chocolate curse ? :cautious:;)
Today a former Hannover 96 (and HSV) player Dieter Schatzschneider calls the Bayern a "****-Mannschaft" because of the Freiburg game. I wont translate this but it made me and many other fans laugh :D
I'm still undecided if I should go to the game on Saturday or not. I'm very tensed and almost feel physical pain because of the pressure, strange, isn't it ?
Well I know, it's "only" football but hey, I'm a fan since I was a little boy.... :rolleyes:
However - I dont expect much anymore but it aint over till the fat lady sings. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You mean there might be a chocolate curse ? :cautious:;)
Today a former Hannover 96 (and HSV) player Dieter Schatzschneider calls the Bayern a "****-Mannschaft" because of the Freiburg game. I wont translate this but it made me and many other fans laugh :D
I'm still undecided if I should go to the game on Saturday or not. I'm very tensed and almost feel physical pain because of the pressure, strange, isn't it ?
Well I know, it's "only" football but hey, I'm a fan since I was a little boy.... :rolleyes:
However - I dont expect much anymore but it aint over till the fat lady sings. ;)

It's actually psychologically healthy to follow a team. When it becomes damaging is when one translates the failures of that team into their own failures. So go and enjoy the game and remember that the guys on the field are a bunch of millionaires getting paid to play a game for your entertainment. Your value is not wrapped up in them. So speaketh Dr. Croak.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's actually psychologically healthy to follow a team. When it becomes damaging is when one translates the failures of that team into their own failures. So go and enjoy the game and remember that the guys on the field are a bunch of millionaires getting paid to play a game for your entertainment. Your value is not wrapped up in them. So speaketh Dr. Croak.
I wish it was that easy, let's see what will happen on Saturday ;)
But I will be relieved when the season is over, one way or another.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Sure Crokie ive no problem with that its just a matter of opinion, but one thing is interesting it seems sometime's the latest generations flavor of the month is the best ever. When sometimes given time and reflection its not always the case. Football is a contact sport and things happen sometimes that we all dont like, but you have to deal with it thats the nature of it as a game. I'm old school once the whistle is blown to end the game shake hands and thats it, not doing this seems churlish. As you know its just a game not life or death.

I think unfounded nostalgia in older generations is as big a problem as flavor of the month proclamations in younger generations.

I'm not ready to call Neuer the best keeper in history, but to call him (or Messi) "decent" is just silly. Both players have broken records and have a very long list of accomplishments, with careers that aren't even close to ending.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He just signed a long term contract, his team just won their league. If he was to leave I'd be wanting double that amount for a start. Would Bavaria sell muller for 100m euros? :whistling:

It's kind of odd. Why does everybody automatically assume that as soon as a player has a great season, that Bayern is going to put him under contract? Why don't they say that about Madrid who has spent tons more money than FCB? If you ask me, teams should fear Real Madrid buying their players a lot more than FCB.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I tend to agree what your saying there, Robben was foolishly let go by Abramovic. Real took him and cast him off as surplus for requirements. Forget where he ended up. ;) The big two in Spain are the only ones that would throw that kind of money around.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the question whether to sign with FC Bayern or not I have this nice memory here from one of the most popular German bands.
Although its German you might have a guess whats their opinion on that :D
If not I'll help you out with the chorus later or you just google for the lyrics :)
Hope you can watch it?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Awww, Nessie. Shame on you. :p They should have named that song "Sour Grapes" instead. :rolleyes: For your penance, you must do 6 "Stern des Südens" today before we relegate HSV to Bundesliga purgatory. :sneaky: Besides, what's wrong with Bavarians? They're just like anybody else;

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Regarding the question whether to sign with FC Bayern or not I have this nice memory here from one of the most popular German bands.
If not I'll help you out with the chorus later or you just google for the lyrics :)
Hope you can watch it?
Googled the chorus haha! isnt he a Fortuna/Liverpool fan? :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Awww, Nessie. Shame on you. :p They should have named that song "Sour Grapes" instead. :rolleyes: For your penance, you must do 6 "Stern des Südens" today before we relegate HSV to Bundesliga purgatory. :sneaky: Besides, what's wrong with Bavarians? They're just like anybody else;
I think that geezer on the left is about to take off. :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with our Bavarian friends, it's just a funny hill tribe wearing weird pants. :tup:;)
Btw - after the song was released the Toten Hosen hired a plane with a banner flying over the stadium in Munich to congratulate them for their championship.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hope you can watch it?

Seen that video many times... love it. And I agree. Besides, Munich has no Karneval, they only have some beerfest that only foreigners attend. :D Shame on Munich for not having something traditional that locals enjoy that is a staple of the region.... like Karneval in Koeln for instance. :D:p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Seen that video many times... love it. And I agree. Besides, Munich has no Karneval, they only have some beerfest that only foreigners attend. :D Shame on Munich for not having something traditional that locals enjoy that is a staple of the region.... like Karneval in Koeln for instance. :D:p

Bundesbiers; YOU dissing beerfests? That's like the Pope declining Mass. :eek:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bundesbiers; YOU dissing beerfests? That's like the Pope declining Mass. :eek:

Yep. :D Seems kinda silly to join hundereds of thousands of people to wait an hour just to get a beer when it will take me 1 minute in a locals bar.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yep. :D Seems kinda silly to join hundereds of thousands of people to wait an hour just to get a beer when it will take me 1 minute in a locals bar.

You SURE you don't want to wait for the "beer"? I'll bet you don't find it served like this at your locals bar.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You SURE you don't want to wait for the "beer"? I'll bet you don't find it served like this at your locals bar.

My local serves beer like this..............................the barman looks really stupid too !! :D