Fußball-Bundesliga

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yes, there are no German managers that were successful in the EPL but if one can make it, it's Kloppo.

It is not so much the success I was referring to nessie. I have just rarely if ever seen the Brits take to Germans to the point where they love the people. There is the occasional Robert Huth, Mesut Özil, etc. where there is a flicker of stardom, but it quickly dies out. Poldi would never be a prince in the U.K.

Anyway... I don't know why Kloppo would risk it. This is his big chance to cash in. Nothing could crush his reputation faster than a bad year in the EPL.

But do you really think there are still resentments against Germans ? I mean it's the year 2015 we are living in....:cautious:

Yes. It is not easy to get meaningful work if you speak with German accent.

Excited to hear what our British friends here say...?!

The usual denials, I assume.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

All we know is its just an assumption. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ah c0me on Sandolf, language barrier ? If a Jose M. can learn and speak English...or at least pretends so, why shouldnt Kloppo can do this as well ? :cautious::D
Really looking forward hearing him on his first press conference speaking English :laugh:
Yes, there are no German managers that were successful in the EPL but if one can make it, it's Kloppo.
But do you really think there are still resentments against Germans ? I mean it's the year 2015 we are living in....:cautious:
Excited to hear what our British friends here say...?!

Totally agree with you here Nessie. With the greatest of respect, the historical difference argument used earlier is somewhat misguided, and that is me being a polite moderator.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not so much the success I was referring to nessie. I have just rarely if ever seen the Brits take to Germans to the point where they love the people. There is the occasional Robert Huth, Mesut Özil, etc. where there is a flicker of stardom, but it quickly dies out. Poldi would never be a prince in the U.K.

Anyway... I don't know why Kloppo would risk it. This is his big chance to cash in. Nothing could crush his reputation faster than a bad year in the EPL.

Yes. It is not easy to get meaningful work if you speak with German accent.

The usual denials, I assume.
Although I've never lived there I travelled there several times and never experienced any resintments. The generation that experienced WW2 is dying out and I dont think that this is an big issue nowadays.
My former colleague is now living in England (gloucester) since September 2014 and she feels very comfortable and loves being there. There might be a little teasing about WW2 or when its about football or about our accent but hey, we make fun about Brits too. It is just fun, I wouldnt travel there if I'd feel uncomfortable.
I think most football fans just want success for their team and if a manager wins them championships they will love or at least respect him. Regardless of his nationality.And dont City fans still love Bert Trautmann though resintments against him were more understandable those days than today.
I think we will certainly find out about Kloppo and the reactions of fans because I'm convinced he will take a seat on the bench of an EPL team next season.;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I am all for Kloppo giving it a go in the EPL. I just don't think City is a very good fit. He could be a hero at Newcastle or Aston Villa (for a time). But I think he's looking more for a Real Madrid job than an EPL headache. Look at Big Sam getting vilified at West Ham. Kloppo would get the same treatment... (assuming Hammers continue to play like the Hammers). :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am all for Kloppo giving it a go in the EPL. I just don't think City is a very good fit. He could be a hero at Newcastle or Aston Villa (for a time). But I think he's looking more for a Real Madrid job than an EPL headache. Look at Big Sam getting vilified at West Ham. Kloppo would get the same treatment... (assuming Hammers continue to play like the Hammers). :D
Spain.....hmmmmm? Really?:cautious:
How about ManU or Arsenal? Perhaps Wenger is finally stepping back? Think I stick with my EPL prediction, your next manager at City will be Kloppo Sandolf, if you like it or not ! :p:D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Any of your teams want Dante? I have a feeling he'll become real inexpensive shortly.
I'll pass on that one, ask PSG. They have a habit of paying over the odds for dodgy defenders with big hair.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
well my vacation in Germany is over. Got to see 3 games while i was here so that was cool. Including he thrilling 3:2 Köln victory over Hoppenheim. Drank lots of Pils and Rauchbier.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
@Bundesbiers This is getting tense. We have Cottbus (A). Duisburg has Dresden (A). Kiel has Chemnitz (H). Go Dynamo. Go Karl Marx Stadt. :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
@Bundesbiers This is getting tense. We have Cottbus (A). Duisburg has Dresden (A). Kiel has Chemnitz (H). Go Dynamo. Go Karl Marx Stadt. :D

This is a close race. I'm also kinda surprised that Preussen Muenster dropped off. They were strong for awhile. Can't wait to see this race play out.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Raglos oh no!

Yes, this has been a disastrous season. Way too many draws. We need to beat FCN II this Friday night. Going down to the 5th division would be horrible.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Badstuber is out for the season again. :cry: Can I PLEASE mash the panic button now???
This is unbelieveable, another injury. I wonder if he will ever be able to stay healthy. I like this guy, but I have my doubts. Perhaps his muscles and ligaments are just not made for professional football.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
FC Bamberg has a crucial game right now against FC Nuremburg II. C'mon Smokeybiers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hamburg is playoff bound (for now). Mainz moved up (for now) and Cologne stayed put (for now). A certain team in red is top of the table (for the rest of the season). :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Schweini is back, Gaudino is starting again and JAVI is on the bench. When he knocks the rust off we can unload stinkin' Dante. At least Boateng and Rafhina have been getting better.