Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
One mistake, one goal for Volkswagen. f*** :mad:
But must admit that one can see that VW is the better and more dangerous team.
Thats not the game that decides if we will be relegated or not...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He asked to leave last year and they didn't let him go?? The top brass at BVB have real problems. They have a coach who can achieve results and they can't get along with him. They leave escape clauses in their player contracts, and hang on to players until they can leave for free. It doesn't make a lot of business sense to me.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:laugh::laugh: I just found out that "suspenders" means something different in the States than it does across the pond. :roflmao:
Yep there are other similar words that have got lost in translation aswell, i wont mention them though, this is a family friendly type forum. :laugh:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
You would not be shocked if hes already had talks with the Arabs who own a certain team in the rainy north.

Germans don't get on very well in the U.K. (and unfortunately this is not even remotely limited to football). There is a historic envy / resentment that makes the British close-minded to ideas originating in Germany... (and the continent as a whole for the extremely afflicted). The only exception I have ever heard of is Jürgen Klinsmann and the Spurs fans. But even that was clouded in suspicion at the beginning.

The amusing nature of a Kloppo or a Magath just doesn't wash in the U.K. because of the language barrier. As much as I like him, Kloppo is probably too provincial for a big club like City... (he'd have been fine as a replacement for Stuart Pearce way back when). Pep had a year to prepare for the FC Bayern gig. In that City is still trying to emulate Barcelona, I figure he is the chosen one. He still has a year to run on his Bayern contract and whatever City does is likely just a stopgap measure. They may even choose to stick with Pellegrini for that time.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Germans don't get on very well in the U.K. (and unfortunately this is not even remotely limited to football). There is a historic envy / resentment that makes the British close-minded to ideas originating in Germany... (and the continent as a whole for the extremely afflicted). The only exception I have ever heard of is Jürgen Klinsmann and the Spurs fans. But even that was clouded in suspicion at the beginning.

The amusing nature of a Kloppo or a Magath just doesn't wash in the U.K. because of the language barrier. As much as I like him, Kloppo is probably too provincial for a big club like City... (he'd have been fine as a replacement for Stuart Pearce way back when). Pep had a year to prepare for the FC Bayern gig. In that City is still trying to emulate Barcelona, I figure he is the chosen one. He still has a year to run on his Bayern contract and whatever City does is likely just a stopgap measure. They may even choose to stick with Pellegrini for that time.
As you stated Jürgen Klinsmann at Spurs got on just fine there as did Jorg Albertz, Christian Nerlinger and Stefan Klos at Glasgow Rangers and the players Arsenal have who are German are doing just fine, there is a moronic element who hate certain nations for the past and they forever will but thats their problem. Things have moved on for the most part now, nobody really cares where someone is from as long as they are winning.

If Klopp arrived at a UK team the owners would not give two hoots about the fact that hes German his english is also very good. Kloppo however is wayy more savvy than Magath was who did come across as a dinosaur if you pardon the pun. If Man City need a stop gap they could do worse than go for Rafa Benitez be afraid. :ninja:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would not be shocked if hes already had talks with the Arabs who own a certain team in the rainy north.
I think there is a good chance that he might land somewhere in the EPL. Dont think that Spain or Italy could fit, so imho there is only the EPL or another Bundesliga team. Schalke doesnt seem to be satisfied with Di Matteo but I dont think they will sack him in the near future and I dont think Klopp would go there because of his Dortmund history.
Btw - bought me the latest 4-4-2 issue in London on my way back from the USA last week and look what they are speculating about :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance that he might land somewhere in the EPL. Dont think that Spain or Italy could fit, so imho there is only the EPL or another Bundesliga team. Schalke doesnt seem to be satisfied with Di Matteo but I dont think they will sack him in the near future and I dont think Klopp would go there because of his Dortmund history.
Btw - bought me the latest 4-4-2 issue in London on my way back from the USA last week and look what they are speculating about :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
To be honest i think he should have stayed at BVB money is not everything, and you know in a few years at most he would have them going for silverware again. All BVB need to do is somehow hold onto their players.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah c0me on Sandolf, language barrier ? If a Jose M. can learn and speak English...or at least pretends so, why shouldnt Kloppo can do this as well ? :cautious::D
Really looking forward hearing him on his first press conference speaking English :laugh:
Yes, there are no German managers that were successful in the EPL but if one can make it, it's Kloppo.
But do you really think there are still resentments against Germans ? I mean it's the year 2015 we are living in....:cautious:
Excited to hear what our British friends here say...?!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest i think he should have stayed at BVB money is not everything, and you know in a few years at most he would have them going for silverware again. All BVB need to do is somehow hold onto their players.
I dont think it's because of money, he said after more than 7 years he feels that he isnt the right manager anymore for this team.
He also mentioned that this team needs to be rebuild and that includes the manager. Think his style of coaching/managing a team has just weared off after 7 years. He noticed that and moves on.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I dont think it's because of money, he said after more than 7 years he feels that he isnt the right manager anymore for this team.
He also mentioned that this team needs to be rebuild and that includes the manager. Think his style of coaching/managing a team has just weared off after 7 years. He noticed that and moves on.
Call me an old cynic nessie, sometimes thats code for i'm off to a bigger club in a bigger league with more money. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me an old cynic nessie, sometimes thats code for i'm off to a bigger club with more money. ;)
Hmmmm......I think he won't earn less than in Dortmund, wherever he finally will land. ;)
Thats for sure. But I really think thats not his only motivation. Will be interesting to see what happens. I stick with my prediction that he will take over a position somewhere in the EPL. Or.......or in case Pep leaves Bayern after this season....Bayern might be the only realistic spot for him in Germany. Or HSV...of course.....:cautious::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmm......I think he won't earn less than in Dortmund, wherever he finally will land. ;)
Thats for sure. But I really think thats not his only motivation. Will be interesting to see what happens. I stick with my prediction that he will take over a position somewhere in the EPL. Or.......or in case Pep leaves Bayern after this season....Bayern might be the only realistic spot for him in Germany. Or HSV...of course.....:cautious::D
That crossed my mind, it would be wild if he did but you know its as likely as the Titanic refloating. :D