Frank Walker has surgery

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Packers CB has surgery

Posted: Oct. 18, 2007

Green Bay - Cornerback Frank Walker of the Green Bay Packers underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday and probably will miss up to a month.

Walker suffered torn cartilage covering a punt Sunday against Washington. Team physician Patrick McKenzie repaired the damage.

The Packers might be in the market for a cornerback because another one of the six cornerbacks on their roster, Will Blackmon, suffered a broken foot Oct. 3. The Packers, who were to make a decision soon on whether to place Blackmon on injured reserve, might have seen their hand forced by Walker's injury.

Jarrett Bush and Tramon Williams are the healthy backup cornerbacks behind Charles Woodson and Al Harris.

As the nickel back, Bush has had his share of problems both in coverage and as a tackler. Walker had been the most likely candidate to replace Bush if the coaches decided a change was in order after the bye.

Walker was able to finish the game against the Redskins but reported soreness after the game and diagnostic tests revealed the cartilage damage.

Patrick Dendy, who was beaten out by Walker, remains unsigned after being cut Sept. 1. Green Bay has no cornerbacks on its eight-man practice squad.

Roster move: Tackle Orrin Thompson was waived Thursday to make room for wide receiver Koren Robinson, who was granted a two-game roster exemption.

Bob McGinn

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we asked for a roster exemption, only to cut a guy to make room for him.

Okay, I get it.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. It's funny how they just tacked it onto the end of the article, with no explanation.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess they have seen enough of K Rob already to know they don't need the 2 week exemption.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I guess they have seen enough of K Rob already to know they don't need the 2 week exemption.

Okay. But, why ask for one then?

edit, I should make it known that once a player is put on the active roster the exemption is void.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like some one else had thoughts of how bush might not be helping the team

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:

Okay. But, why ask for one then?

edit, I should make it known that once a player is put on the active roster the exemption is void.

Well Z since I am not in the front office I can not tell you.
I agree it sure seems strange.
Like most posters, I like to guess as well. My guess is that they needed to ask for the exemption before he was reinstated. Just to get those big NFL wheels turning. They were granted the exemption. He came out on to the practice field and ran a few plays or sprints or whatever they had him do. TT-MM & Co. liked what they saw and put him on the roster. This may have taken place over a day or so and not a couple of hours.

Or it could be that the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Some mid level management geek with a paper fetish filled out the paper work and upper management ignored it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Could it be because they might be adding another player yet this week? Koren hasn't been activated yet, so at this very moment we have a open spot on the roster.

The exemption is valid until he is activated on gameday. So I will throw out a guess and say they will be adding another player.. may it be a CB to cover for a bit or someplace else on the roster ;)

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man... I'm glad Tramon Williams has seen some game time already, because we're really hurting at CB with Blackmon and Walker out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts